shellie1 | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 4:43 PM
The specifications on the box say "video playback time: up to 5.5 hours". On a full charge, Is anyone getting 5.5 hours of continuous video playback? Mine's been on for 3.5 hours, playing music for 1/2 hour, videos for about 1/2 hour, and Wifi has been connected and surfing the net for about 2 hours. The battery level is at 63%, which sounds pretty good. Some days though, doing the same tasks for the same amount of time, it seems like the battery drains down really fast and I don't get more than 3 hours.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
BosJerseyGirl | Admirer 2 | 01.06.2011 11:25 PM
jeannellen I am very leery of what I did sending it back to the manufacturer. I figure by the time they get it, it takes 3 business days to get to California from NJ. Then by the time they send it back to me and I test the new one out, I will probably be out the money if something is wrong with it. I guess I have a year to deal with them. That's if you can get in touch with them. So far I have been pretty lucky in that dept.
jeannellen | Admirer 3 | 01.06.2011 10:49 PM
Bosjerseygirl, If I had more time I might have also sent it to the manufacturer to fix. But it seems that the vendor takes forever to respond to emails, tel messages etc and I was afraid it would not be taken care of in a reasonable time frame that still left me time to return it to HSN if I had to. Defective ac adaptor and defective battery right out of the box. What else is wrong with it that I just haven't discovered yet? Was afraid I'd be out the $200 and left with a defective inoperable unit.
BosJerseyGirl | Admirer 2 | 01.06.2011 9:47 PM
I hope I did the right thing and sent it to the manufacturer rather then get my money back from HSN.
jeannellen | Admirer 3 | 01.06.2011 2:38 PM
My Nextbook3 wouldn't charge with the ac adaptor that came in the box. I hooked the Nextbook up to my computer and it worked. I found an ac adaptor (5v) and used that to charge it. I charged it for 12 hours. Checked battery status and it showed 73%. I charged it again for 15 hours only to show battery status of 75%. Not only is the ac adaptor that came with the unit defective but the battery is defective as well. I called cs and am now waiting for a prepaid label so I can return it for a refund. Very disappointed that the unit is defective. I had already returned the Nextbook2 because of its difficulty in trying to get it to work. It would not calibrate no matter how I hit that little yellow icon..reset didn't work. Still could not calibrate. Will wait now to see what other new tablets come out.
BARBER | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 10:45 PM
shellie1, I am finding out what this device can do. Now if it only worked everytime I turn it on. I gave it one last chance today. Let it charge for 12 hrs. It worked fine the first few times I used it this morning. Then around 3:30, went to turn it on and it would not. It is ridiculous and a shame as I was liking all it did plus I was constantly finding out more new things.
shellie1 | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 10:03 PM
Barber,
on the home page at the bottom are 3 icons, tap on the one on the right that looks like a gear, that's "settings".
That opens up a long list. Scroll down to the bottom PAST "Erase activation record" and tap on "About device". That puts you on the page with "Status" at the top. Tap on Status, and on the next list, tap on the 2nd one "Battery level". The last thing on the list shows you how long your Nextbook3 has been on in that session.

You'll will be shocked how much this device offers. It's been amazing for me. Have fun exploring!
BosJerseyGirl | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 9:58 PM
I think the battery is better then one on a laptop so 3 hours is good for me. You can always leave in charging while you are home using it.
ShopperOnline | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 9:17 PM
I downloaded a widget to my home screen called "Battery Status". It will tell me how much battery power I have left. I probably got it from one of the alternative app markets.

I don't know how long it takes to run the battery down. I haven't watched videos without it being plugged into the charger. I did do some reading on Sunday while I was out. I used about 15% of the power in about a three hour period just reading my own pdfs, using the Borders eReader which came installed on the Next3. The three hours wasn't all at the same time. I turned it off and on three times during the day, before I could get it back on the charger.
BARBER | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 6:53 PM
shellie1: I meant battery. My hands are still cold from being outside..can't type today.
BARBER | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 6:52 PM
shellie1: how did you know the batter was at 63%?
shellie1 | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 5:58 PM
I'm curious because the specifications also give the times as up to 6.5 hours for both web browsing & "e-book browsing time", music playback up to 7 hours. I will charge it up and see how well it does just playing videos.
BosJerseyGirl | Admirer 2 | 01.05.2011 5:04 PM
I think they mean for 5 hours you can read or listen to music. I think videos pull more power and it would be less time. When I had mine and it was on for quite a while just surfing the net.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
shellie1

Nextbook3: How long is your battery lasting?

The specifications on the box say "video playback time: up to 5.5 hours". On a full charge, Is anyone getting 5.5 hours of continuous video playback? Mine's been on for 3.5 hours, playing music for 1/2 hour, videos for about 1/2 hour, and Wifi has been connected and surfing the net for about 2 hours. The battery level is at 63%, which sounds pretty good. Some days though, doing the same tasks for the same amount of time, it seems like the battery drains down really fast and I don't get more than 3 hours.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BosJerseyGirl

RE: Nextbook3: How long is your battery lasting?

I think they mean for 5 hours you can read or listen to music. I think videos pull more power and it would be less time. When I had mine and it was on for quite a while just surfing the net.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
shellie1

I'm curious because the specifications also give the times as up to 6.5 hours for both web browsing & "e-book browsing time", music playback up to 7 hours. I will charge it up and see how well it does just playing videos.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BARBER

shellie1: how did you know the batter was at 63%?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BARBER

shellie1: I meant battery. My hands are still cold from being outside..can't type today.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ShopperOnline

I downloaded a widget to my home screen called "Battery Status". It will tell me how much battery power I have left. I probably got it from one of the alternative app markets.

I don't know how long it takes to run the battery down. I haven't watched videos without it being plugged into the charger. I did do some reading on Sunday while I was out. I used about 15% of the power in about a three hour period just reading my own pdfs, using the Borders eReader which came installed on the Next3. The three hours wasn't all at the same time. I turned it off and on three times during the day, before I could get it back on the charger.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BosJerseyGirl

I think the battery is better then one on a laptop so 3 hours is good for me. You can always leave in charging while you are home using it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
shellie1

Barber,
on the home page at the bottom are 3 icons, tap on the one on the right that looks like a gear, that's "settings".
That opens up a long list. Scroll down to the bottom PAST "Erase activation record" and tap on "About device". That puts you on the page with "Status" at the top. Tap on Status, and on the next list, tap on the 2nd one "Battery level". The last thing on the list shows you how long your Nextbook3 has been on in that session.

You'll will be shocked how much this device offers. It's been amazing for me. Have fun exploring!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BARBER

shellie1, I am finding out what this device can do. Now if it only worked everytime I turn it on. I gave it one last chance today. Let it charge for 12 hrs. It worked fine the first few times I used it this morning. Then around 3:30, went to turn it on and it would not. It is ridiculous and a shame as I was liking all it did plus I was constantly finding out more new things.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

My Nextbook3 wouldn't charge with the ac adaptor that came in the box. I hooked the Nextbook up to my computer and it worked. I found an ac adaptor (5v) and used that to charge it. I charged it for 12 hours. Checked battery status and it showed 73%. I charged it again for 15 hours only to show battery status of 75%. Not only is the ac adaptor that came with the unit defective but the battery is defective as well. I called cs and am now waiting for a prepaid label so I can return it for a refund. Very disappointed that the unit is defective. I had already returned the Nextbook2 because of its difficulty in trying to get it to work. It would not calibrate no matter how I hit that little yellow icon..reset didn't work. Still could not calibrate. Will wait now to see what other new tablets come out.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
12 Replies
01.05.2011 4:43 PM
0 Smiles
5 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...