tacobel51l | Admirer 1 | 12.03.2012 11:17 PM
Don't have the manual for set up. What icon on the set up do you use to set up Voicemail? I'm lost at this point. It may be something simple that I'm overlooking. Not too tech savvy. Any time I saw a feature that you could record message, thinking that would be my message to leave a message on voicemail, and it wasn't. Don't laugh, but one of my Ring tones was one of the messages I recorded. Couldn't figure out why I was hearing my voice in my pocket. Turns out, it was my ring tone to answer the phone. Be specific..step 1...step2...etc. Thanks
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
tacobel51l | Admirer 1 | 12.05.2012 6:32 PM
Thanks Pachyderm and Keriga. Took your advice and found the answer I was looking for. While waiting for responses, I went back to play around with phone for awhile, and on the Home Page, under the Envelope icon, I saw the Voicemail with a number in the box. I wasn't sure what that number was until I dialed it up and it the number to call to get the Voicemail activated. The reference to the Tutorial on the Tracfone Website, was the same for activating Voicemail. Thanks for the speedy advice. I knew someone would come through for me. Happy Holidays to You both.
KERIGA | Inspirer 1 | 12.05.2012 5:22 AM

Unfortunately, there's no icon for Voicemail Set-up, tacobel51l, only the icon indicator that you have voicemail waiting for you. This can be found across the top of the screen in the line of small icons that includes (L-R): wi-fi, Alarm, Bluetooth, e-mail, (Voicemail - alert appears only when there's a message), Ring & Vibration Mode, Battery Indicator, etc.

VOICEMAIL SET-UP

1. Press "1" on the dialpad or Speed Dial #1. (NOTE: Factory default "#1" in Speed Dial is your Voicemail.) That will take you directly to Voicemail.

2. Just follow the audio prompts for set-up.

Here's a helpful hint regarding Voicemail after you've completed the set-up: to avoid using TracFone minutes listening to messages, press "1" and you'll see the local number in your area for Voicemail. Call that number from a landline - remember to use your access code/password - and you won't waste minutes.

The LG 840G User Guide can be accessed in pdf format in both English and Spanish via the TracFone website. At the bottom left of the Tutorials, you'll see DOCUMENTS across a green bar. Click on it and that will open the User Guide pdf. It's best to open it in another tab so that you'll have simultaneous access to the Tutorials, too.

Don't laugh, but one of my Ring tones was one of the messages I recorded. Couldn't figure out why I was hearing my voice in my pocket. Turns out, it was my ring tone to answer the phone. Be specific..step 1...step2...etc. Thanks

Anything that you record or any ringtone that you purchase will be filed automatically in SOUND SETTINGS under RINGTONE, SOUNDS, AUDIO. You'll find it's easier to rename your recordings than to try and identify them by the numerical designation that's automatically assigned by the phone. Just select it and DELETE, if desired.

PACHYDERM | Admirer | 12.04.2012 3:30 AM
In the thread entitled LG840G Idiosyncrasies, I posted instructions to get to the tracfone website Tutorials. Follow the instruction. When you get to the Tutorials page, on the left side column, select "Messaging", then select, "Set up and Access Voicemail". They walk you through the steps. Good luck.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 1
tacobel51l

LG840G and Voicemail

Don't have the manual for set up. What icon on the set up do you use to set up Voicemail? I'm lost at this point. It may be something simple that I'm overlooking. Not too tech savvy. Any time I saw a feature that you could record message, thinking that would be my message to leave a message on voicemail, and it wasn't. Don't laugh, but one of my Ring tones was one of the messages I recorded. Couldn't figure out why I was hearing my voice in my pocket. Turns out, it was my ring tone to answer the phone. Be specific..step 1...step2...etc. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Admirer
PACHYDERM

RE: LG840G and Voicemail

In the thread entitled LG840G Idiosyncrasies, I posted instructions to get to the tracfone website Tutorials. Follow the instruction. When you get to the Tutorials page, on the left side column, select "Messaging", then select, "Set up and Access Voicemail". They walk you through the steps. Good luck.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
KERIGA

Unfortunately, there's no icon for Voicemail Set-up, tacobel51l, only the icon indicator that you have voicemail waiting for you. This can be found across the top of the screen in the line of small icons that includes (L-R): wi-fi, Alarm, Bluetooth, e-mail, (Voicemail - alert appears only when there's a message), Ring & Vibration Mode, Battery Indicator, etc.

VOICEMAIL SET-UP

1. Press "1" on the dialpad or Speed Dial #1. (NOTE: Factory default "#1" in Speed Dial is your Voicemail.) That will take you directly to Voicemail.

2. Just follow the audio prompts for set-up.

Here's a helpful hint regarding Voicemail after you've completed the set-up: to avoid using TracFone minutes listening to messages, press "1" and you'll see the local number in your area for Voicemail. Call that number from a landline - remember to use your access code/password - and you won't waste minutes.

The LG 840G User Guide can be accessed in pdf format in both English and Spanish via the TracFone website. At the bottom left of the Tutorials, you'll see DOCUMENTS across a green bar. Click on it and that will open the User Guide pdf. It's best to open it in another tab so that you'll have simultaneous access to the Tutorials, too.

Don't laugh, but one of my Ring tones was one of the messages I recorded. Couldn't figure out why I was hearing my voice in my pocket. Turns out, it was my ring tone to answer the phone. Be specific..step 1...step2...etc. Thanks

Anything that you record or any ringtone that you purchase will be filed automatically in SOUND SETTINGS under RINGTONE, SOUNDS, AUDIO. You'll find it's easier to rename your recordings than to try and identify them by the numerical designation that's automatically assigned by the phone. Just select it and DELETE, if desired.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
tacobel51l

Thanks Pachyderm and Keriga. Took your advice and found the answer I was looking for. While waiting for responses, I went back to play around with phone for awhile, and on the Home Page, under the Envelope icon, I saw the Voicemail with a number in the box. I wasn't sure what that number was until I dialed it up and it the number to call to get the Voicemail activated. The reference to the Tutorial on the Tracfone Website, was the same for activating Voicemail. Thanks for the speedy advice. I knew someone would come through for me. Happy Holidays to You both.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
3 Replies
12.03.2012 11:17 PM
0 Smiles
3 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...