CATNAP549 | New Friend | 06.04.2010 10:44 AM
I WAS READING REVIEWS FOR THE MIMIC TOUCH UP HAIR COLOR AND THERE SEEMED TO BE A LIL PROBLEM WITH GETTING THE WAXY FEELING STUFF OUT BEFORE A HAIRCOLOR RETOUCH. JUST A TIP HERE THAT MAY HELP...MIX BAKING SODA IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND W/SOME SHAMPOO AND APPLY TO YOUR HAIR AND SHAMPOO AS USUAL. I WOULD SHAMPOO TWICE BUT ONLY ONCE W/THE BAKING SODA/SHAMPOO MIX. WE DID THIS BACK IN THE DAY TO REMOVE ANY HAIR PRODUCTS BEFORE PERMS OR COLORS. WORKS REALLY WELL TO REMOVE PRODUCT BUILDUP.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
shelbelle | Admirer 2 | 06.04.2010 6:43 PM
Did not really like Mimic on my roots, not a good color match for me, took longer to apply and not that effective on grey, but I love it on my brows. Sticking to my Roux Tween Time Hair Crayon on my roots.
Rhozy | Admirer 1 | 06.04.2010 1:30 PM
I really don't think it's an issue worth worrying about. I got my hair colored last week and was wearing the Mimic when I went to my hairdresser. I told her I had a waxy root cover on and she assured me it would be fine. She applied the new color directly over it and it came out beautiful. She even added a lot of red low lights which are usually hard to keep (at least for me) and they are holding strong. Thought I'd share so others won't have to worry about it affecting their color.

Oh, and by the way, this has become my HG brow product after trying seveeral so don't forget to try it on your brows! I have lost the tails to my brows, and this works really well, applied with a flat eyeliner brush in sort of feathery strokes.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
CATNAP549

MIMIC TOUCH UP HAIR COLOR

I WAS READING REVIEWS FOR THE MIMIC TOUCH UP HAIR COLOR AND THERE SEEMED TO BE A LIL PROBLEM WITH GETTING THE WAXY FEELING STUFF OUT BEFORE A HAIRCOLOR RETOUCH. JUST A TIP HERE THAT MAY HELP...MIX BAKING SODA IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND W/SOME SHAMPOO AND APPLY TO YOUR HAIR AND SHAMPOO AS USUAL. I WOULD SHAMPOO TWICE BUT ONLY ONCE W/THE BAKING SODA/SHAMPOO MIX. WE DID THIS BACK IN THE DAY TO REMOVE ANY HAIR PRODUCTS BEFORE PERMS OR COLORS. WORKS REALLY WELL TO REMOVE PRODUCT BUILDUP.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Rhozy

RE: MIMIC TOUCH UP HAIR COLOR

I really don't think it's an issue worth worrying about. I got my hair colored last week and was wearing the Mimic when I went to my hairdresser. I told her I had a waxy root cover on and she assured me it would be fine. She applied the new color directly over it and it came out beautiful. She even added a lot of red low lights which are usually hard to keep (at least for me) and they are holding strong. Thought I'd share so others won't have to worry about it affecting their color.

Oh, and by the way, this has become my HG brow product after trying seveeral so don't forget to try it on your brows! I have lost the tails to my brows, and this works really well, applied with a flat eyeliner brush in sort of feathery strokes.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
shelbelle

RE: MIMIC TOUCH UP HAIR COLOR

Did not really like Mimic on my roots, not a good color match for me, took longer to apply and not that effective on grey, but I love it on my brows. Sticking to my Roux Tween Time Hair Crayon on my roots.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
2 Replies
06.04.2010 10:44 AM
0 Smiles
3 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...