Conversation – 38

I created and started this thread nearly 14 years ago. 😎🎈
I will change it often from now on. This is just a knock around
thread about things in life. My life and others. I am an avid Heidi
Daus Collector, former singer, model and so on. I do this thread because
I enjoy what I do. I love fashion and music and HSN is a little of both.
I cover a lot of music and fashion on this thread. ✨😎
I am going to wish a safe Summer to all the Peeps out there and please
stay safe. 🌹✨😎I have been shopping and posting on HSN since the late
90’s 😎I have wonderful memories from the HSN we all know and love.
-

-

NATIONAL RECOVERY MONTH
National Recovery Month in September provides a platform for services and professionals to educate the public about substance abuse treatments and mental health services. The entire month serves as a celebration of the steps taking to improve access, information, and treatment.
-

NATIONAL V-J DAY | SEPTEMBER 2
On September 2nd, National V-J Day (Victory over Japan Day) recognizes Allied Forces’ victory over Japan during World War II. Officials announced the surrender of Japan to the Allies on August 15, 1945. The official signing of surrender took place on September 2, 1945, officially ending World War II.
-

NATIONAL BLUEBERRY POPSICLE DAY | SEPTEMBER 2
National Blueberry Popsicle Day on September 2nd also kicks off National Blueberry Popsicle Month. Scheduled in the midst of the dog days of summer, it’s a delicious way to cool off. Purchase a box of blueberry-flavored Popsicles or make your own. Either way, the treat will be a tasty one! With the end of summer at hand, now is the time to celebrate this National Day.
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
Good Evening as you know I grew up in a strict Catholic Family my father would not
allow certain TV Series or Movies.I caught this movie in my early teens from start to finish and I loved it. 😎💕
You are right the cast was stellar I loved Michael Rennie character Klaatu.
Michael was a British Actor and the words he told Patrica Neal was a now
famous quote “Klaatu barada nikto” is a famous sci-fi command from the 1951 film The Day the Earth Stood Still that serves as a fail-safe phrase to stop an invincible robot from destroying the Earth. 😎 Gort the Robot understood those words.I brought the DVD of the 1951 Film at a Garage Sale in my area. I could not believe my luck.
I can watch anytime with no Commercials the DVD was brand new. 😎
Taci I have a thing for old classic movies and I have TCM for all that. All the movies I missed
as a child i am catching up and the movies are very good. Today’s film can be a bit much.
There are some good movies being made but I am drawn to older movies and older music.
I have a great DVD Library of Classic Movies. Check out Fritz Lang Metropolis this was made
in 1927 and yes I love silent and Foreign Films. 😎💕Have a good evening.
-

Conversation Info
Posted in Talk Among Yourselves
2,337 Replies
1 month ago
5 Participants