Conversation 28

Hello Peeps time for a new Conversation Thread. This is number 28 out of the
series. I created and started this thread going on 11 years. 😎🎈
I will change it often from now on. This is just a knock around
thread about things in life. My life and others. I am an avid Heidi
Daus Collector, former singer, model and so on. I do this thread because
I enjoy what I do. I love fashion and music and HSN is a little of both.
I cover a lot of music and fashion on this thread. ✨😎
I am going to wish Happy Holidays to all the Peeps out there and please
stay safe. 🌹✨😎
-

-

RATIFICATION DAY
Ratification Day on January 14th annually recognizes the act that officially ended the American Revolution.The day commemorates the ratification of the Treaty of Paris on January 14, 1784, at the Maryland State House in Annapolis, Maryland, by the Confederation Congress.
-

NATIONAL HOT PASTRAMI SANDWICH DAY
Pastrami lovers across the country look forward to their favorite sandwich on January 14th as they recognize National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day.
-

NATIONAL DRESS UP YOUR PET DAY
National Dress Up Your Pet Day on January 14th provides a special day to celebrate with your pet and show off their fashion style. Pets do become part of one’s family. Whether you take a visit to the groomer or take it a step further and dress up in matching outfits, be sure your pet companion is safe and comfortable.
-

-

-

-

-
I had quite a conversation with the Speech Therapist.. He will not be trying anything new right a way. His comment was that hubby still gets a coughing fit and the food is better for him pureed. However, I did mention that hubby does have allergies and was on sinus meds prior to being at the rehab. He claimed the cough was not an allergy. I asked that he try an over the counter sinus med and gave him the name of a couple that I take. I finally got him to say he will try it if the doctor OKs it. I contacted the doctor and he said by all means. He will also ask the Speech Therapist to try regular food. Looks like this war may almost be over.
I figured out why hubby’s hands were trembling and will be speaking to the business manager and social worker. Hubby skipped breakfast and did not eat lunch because he was asleep. Seems the aids forgot to let the food stay until later in the day. Hubby had to be missing protein and other important areas. His body was craving food and I had nothing to give him. I mentioned this to the speech therapist that he often becomes hungry while I’m there. He said he would see what he could do on that score. There was nothing of a snack tonight. I will be sneaking something tomorrow. Even the roommate is complaining. The food is good, but not enough to keep the hunger pains away during the evening. I may also stop at Culver’s for one of their custards.
Today was on the cool side even though the temp reached 70 degrees. As I was leaving to visit hubby, the wind was picking up and dark clouds were emerging. When I left, the rain was doing a good dance. It actually sounded like sleet on the windshield but the temps were now in the low 60s. The plants will be happy, but that happiness will only last a short couple of hours. Tomorrow the temps will be in the 60s and 50s at night. The weekend coming up will be in the mid 70s. Come a week from now, back to the realization that it is winter. I cannot complain. At least for now, the cooler temps will keep those hurricanes away…I hope.
-
Good evening I love you too. 😎💕😘Niece is in the Air as I type this post.
I think she is kicking back watching a movie very chilled. 😎😘I told her to
let me and my sister her mother know when she lands lord knows what she
will find.Niece got a text from California saying the air is not good. I will find out ce
the eagle has landed.Taci thank you for all your support over the years. I think this is my 11th year of doing this
thread. 💕🎈 The official birthday is in March.I am playing some Stevie Nicks I love her voice I need to be calm now. Hey HSN has the CD
138-1492
Fleetwood Mac: Rumours – CD
This is the moon tonight it is stunning and beautiful. 😎💕
-

Dreams
Song by Fleetwood MacNow here you go again
You say you want your freedom
Well, who am I to keep you down?
It’s only right that you should
Play the way you feel it
But listen carefully
To the sound of your loneliness
Like a heartbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
And what you lost
Oh, thunder only happens when it’s rainin’
Players only love you when they’re playin’
Say women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you’ll know
You’ll know
Now here I go again
I see the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It’s only me who wants to wrap around your dreams
And have you any dreams you’d like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness
Like a heartbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had
And what you lost
And what you had
Ooh, what you lost
Thunder only happens when it’s rainin’
Players only love you when they’re playin’
Women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you’ll know
Oh, thunder only happens when it’s rainin’
Players only love you when they’re playin’
Say women, they will come and they will go
When the rain washes you clean, you’ll know
You’ll know
You will know
Oh, you’ll know -

Rhiannon
Song by Fleetwood MacRhiannon rings like a bell through the night
And wouldn’t you love to love her?
Takes to the sky like a bird in flight
And who will be her lover?
All your life you’ve never seen
Woman taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven?
Will you ever win?
She is like a cat in the dark
And then she is to darkness
She rules her life like a fine skylark
And when the sky is starless
All your life you’ve never seen
Woman taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven?
Will you ever win?
Will you ever win?
(Rhiannon)
(Rhiannon)
(Rhiannon)
(Rhiannon)
She rings like a bell through the night
And wouldn’t you love to love her?
She rules her life like a bird in flight
And who will be her lover?
All your life you’ve never seen
Woman taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven?
Will you ever win?
Will you ever win?
(Rhiannon)
(Rhiannon)
(Rhiannon)
Taken by taken by the sky
(ah-ah)
Taken by taken by the sky
(ah-ah)
Taken by taken by the sky
(ah-ah)
Dreams unwind
Love’s a state of mind
Dreams unwind
Love’s a state of mind -

Peace Out Peeps stay safe and warm out there. 😎
-
Sheba, We have only Fair air quality here which is a long way South of these fires.
CA is a different place and lets hope people finally change things. When I lived in the LA area in the 80’s and my parents visited, they would say it felt like a different country. My guess is it wasn’t a compliment. 🙂 I didn’t expect to stay just in CA, was here to get my career going and work experience since back then there were lots of jobs. It was a fun time for me.
Hope your niece finds all ok back in CA. Hopefully she has spoken with her friends and has some information about it, but best to see for yourself.
YW about the Heidi thread. It wasn’t necessary for that person to post like that and I loved your response and hope to use it in the future (if you don’t mind).
Have a good evening! -
Conversation Info
Posted in Talk Among Yourselves
2,647 Replies
02.21.25 2:41 PM
9 Participants
