Conversation – 16

Hello Peeps time for a new Conversation Thread. This is
number 16 out of the series. I created and started this thread nearly 7 years
ago. I will change it often from now on. This is just a knock around
thread about things in life. My life and others. I am an avid Heidi
Daus Collector, former singer, model and so on. I do this thread because
I enjoy what I do. I love fashion and music and HSN is a little of both.
I cover a lot of music and fashion on this thread.
I am going to wish Happy Holidays to all the Peeps out there and please
stay safe.
-

Happy Anniversary Mommy. Woof, woof! 🤣😎
-

Stairway to Heaven
Song by Led ZeppelinThere’s a lady who’s sure all that glitters is gold
And she’s buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Ooh, ooh, and she’s buying a stairway to heaven
There’s a sign on the wall, but she wants to be sure
‘Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings
In a tree by the brook, there’s a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven
You know
There’s a feeling I get when I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking
That’s you
And it’s whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter
Remember laughter?
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah…
And it makes me wonder
If there’s a bustle in your hedgerow, don’t be alarmed now
It’s just a spring clean for the May queen
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There’s still time to change the road you’re on
Your head is humming and it won’t go, in case you don’t know
The piper’s calling you to join him
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?
And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all is one and one is all, that’s what it is
To be a rock and not to roll, oh yeah
And she’s buying a stairway to heaven -

Club Sheba
-
-
Say WHAT!!!🤣Happy Anniversary to you. What a sly fox you are.

My niece is testing negative for Covid-19 just got the test results back 15 minutes.
The child is already waiting to get the vaccine. 😘🌹 I am so happy. -
Hi Oodie, glad you are feeling better and done with this first round. I guess they say we will have to get a booster and, who knows, maybe this will be yearly like the flu shot. It’s a start. I was watching another golf tournament yesterday in NC and there were a lot people and the only ones who had masks were the volunteers working for the tournament. It seems more states are “going back to normal.” PA is lifting almost all rules on 5/31 except for masks. When my husband was in GA last week, every store or restaurant he went in did not require masks. With vacations ramping up soon, it’s still a little scary. I think this summer will be the test for the vaccine being effective.
-
Good evening to you in Oz. What a coincidence posting Disney – today is my anniversary and that’s where we went on our honeymoon. So yes, we are Disney fans also. ºoº Been to Disney World in Florida four times and once in Cali.
Pretty nice today so went and picked up some hanging baskets and flowers.🌺🌼🌻 We have one more day where the low may be the mid 30’s so I will wait until Wednesday to plant. After all the rain last week, we will have a sunny week,🌞 albeit below normal temps.
Hope you heard good news from your niece 🙏 and I hope this is the end of covid for your family.👏
-
Well, let’s see. Arm was very sore for two days. However, the worse part was nausea and feeling very grippy. Yes, had a fever. But it only lasted all day on Sunday. Awoke today feeling bright and cheerful. We have decided to remain here at least two weeks, however may leave the week following Memorial weekend because of traffic and holiday prices.
And, speaking of Covid. There is a new variant in India that the CDC and other physicians think may become Global. It has reached the United States. Our vaccines will not offset it and to top it off, it is airborne. Therefore it is more contagious and could be more deadly. I will continue to wear our masks because it does filter some things out. Also will continue to social distance and keeping our hands clean when we are out and about. From this point on I will try to remain positive. For some reason soup still feels good when you are ailing.😎😃
Today, no excuse. It’s back to cleaning and the ever visit to the laundry room. Need to make a good size dent today after laying low for two days. I sincerely hope you all had a great Mother’s Day.🎂🍰, 🌸🌹🥀
-

Holding Space for Others
When we hold space for someone, we offer to be a container for the overwhelming feelings they may be encountering
We have all been called upon at one time or another to help a loved one through a difficult time. When the help required consists of concrete actions such as running errands or making phone calls, we know what to do. But sometimes we are called to hold space for the person as they go through their journey. They may need to express anger or grief; they may need to talk or simply be silent. They may need us to hold their hand; they may need us to give them time alone. Whatever the case, when we hold space for someone, we offer ourselves to be a container for the overwhelming feelings they may be encountering due to their circumstances.
When we offer ourselves in this way, the more centered and grounded we are, the better. Our steadiness allows our companion to lean into us for support, and our presence provides an environment in which they can be free to move. We can also help by being responsive, allowing them to dictate the flow of action from talking to not talking, from anger to grief, and back again. By being aware and open, we can help them confront their feelings when that feels right, and back off from them when they need a break. Holding space requires humility, conscientiousness, the ability to step out of the way, and us to honestly understand that this is not about us.
When we love someone in this way, we provide a space in which they can simply be, and feel what they need to feel without worrying about how they are being perceived. We can provide this offering in person, over the phone, or even from a distance through meditation. However we do it, when we hold space for someone in need, we are offering a gift of the highest nature.
😘😎
-
Good morning in California thinking of you and the family. Sending Kitty hugs and I hope
you had a blessed Mother’s Day. 🌹
-
Cherie,
Good Morning in S. California Disney is almost in your backyard. 😘😎

-
Good day in the ‘burgh. Congrats on your Hockey Team winning the eastern division. 😎
We had rain yesterday and Saturday Night it was a lot and we needed it.I hope you enjoy your special Mother’s Day with Jake. I don’t know how I find those
pictures it seems they come to me. 🤣 Poppy is doing better he can go up and down
the stairs but I carry him when he let’s me and I let him run to his special place in the
backyard. I am going to carry him when I go on a longer walk. 😘💕 Waiting for the text
or call from my 15 year old niece on her Covid-19 test results. Will let you know how that goes.So glad you had tea with your mother and sister. 😘😎 Good times.

My parents were Disney kids and I was born a Disney kid so were my children.
This brings out the kid in all of us. 🤣😘😎 -
Good day dear friend in Texas. I hope you had a great Mother’s Day. 😘😎
I hope you were able to see your grandson via FaceTime. 💕Waiting on niece test results from having Covid-19. We should know today.
Wishing you and the fur babies a good and safe week.

-
Good Morning dear friend in S. California. Taci I did have a very good Mother’s Day. 😘😎
I was on the phone nearly all day with different aunts and family members. 💕We had rain and thunder so loud it shook the house I was so happy because we did
some work in the yards and needed the rain ☔.Taci how are you feeling? I hope you had a nice day we could not get delivery service
because all the nice restaurants did not have help to deliver and work as wait staff too.We did have a great meal Italian that hubby picked up.
Taci you are not far from Disney World. 😎💕

-
Good afternoon on the Gulf Coast. 😎😘Hope you and hubby arms are feeling much
better. Just take it easy today. I am waiting for my niece to get her test results for the
Covid-19 she had last week. No 15 year old child should have to go through this.
In fact no one should have to go through this. I know things will get better. 🌹
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
Conversation Info
Posted in Talk Among Yourselves
15,174 Replies
11.19.21 4:04 AM
27 Participants
