Conversation – 16

Hello Peeps time for a new Conversation Thread. This is
number 16 out of the series. I created and started this thread nearly 7 years
ago. I will change it often from now on. This is just a knock around
thread about things in life. My life and others. I am an avid Heidi
Daus Collector, former singer, model and so on. I do this thread because
I enjoy what I do. I love fashion and music and HSN is a little of both.
I cover a lot of music and fashion on this thread.
I am going to wish Happy Holidays to all the Peeps out there and please
stay safe.
-
Thank you for the great post. We are getting the Moderna. Our first dose left us with a sore area for a day or two. However 10 dats following the shot, I awoke to chills and fever. By late afternoon I was fine. Not sure how my body will react to the second one, but will be prepared. Besides they make you hang around the area, in your car for a half hour or longer. We will probably head North the end of May/beginning of June providing that the pandemic calms down in Florida. I was surprised to hear that they had 3100 cases today alone. Not sure if all are hospitalized. If it worsens here, I know that we will not be able to return anytime soon even with the vaccine.
Your trip sounds like the bumper to bumper traffic we faced returning to Florida two years ago. It took us 12-13 hours to go from Savannah, Ga., to our home on the West Coast of Florida which normally takes 5 hours. We have been on our Interstate at different days and times over the past couple of weeks and the traffic has been awful. We’ve been told that there is construction going on with ramp changes and an increase of lanes going north and south. I surmise we will grin and bear it when the time comes. Maybe add on a stop just so we are not sitting in a “parking lot” all day.
Did you have time to shop while you were away. I just love Southwestern jewelry. Still looking for a squash blossom that I can afford so I do not have to take out a second mortgage. Try to stay cool. I definitely know the feeling. I was just out on the lanai and there is absolutely no air. There is a very slight chance of rain this week. But, the house is cool at 78. I do not turn the A/C on before 10 pm. And then it’s set between 73 and 75.
I hope you all get some rest. Take of yourselves. Stay safe.
-
We learn something new every day I had to watch part of Heidi so I took a break from
the thread and I DVR the entire show. Lynn Murphy is so cute and they had give away prices. 😎😘I did get the triple play bracelet in looks like blue.
Oodie we will rain tonight. 😘💕🌹
-
Glad to hear you made it home safely. When you said you went from the heater to the a/c, that reminded me of a trip to Hawaii in the winter. I took a red-eye home and went from sun and a bathing suit to snow and boots in one day.
All our fur babies are alike. Jake could be sound asleep but if he hears me doing something in the kitchen he magically appears and his head follows my arms and hands. And when I open the refrigerator, his head is level with the first shelf like he is going to pick out what he wants. Really, wouldn’t have it any other way!💓
-
😘😎💕
I am playing Queen now hubby is on the way home. I forgot we did have ribs yesterday. 🤣
-
Loved Freddie and loved the movie.🎤🎵🎹
-
-
I am so glad you are in Texas from Ruidoso. 😎We will have rain some time tonight.
My flowers need that first fresh rain.I am so glad Poppy is doing better we do love our fur babies. 😘😎
I hope you will enjoy the Queen Concert here in Club Sheba. 😘😎
-

-

Bohemian Rhapsody
Song by QueenIs this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landside,
No escape from reality
Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I’m just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I’m easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Any way the wind blows doesn’t really matter to
Me, to me
Mamaaa,
Just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger,
Now he’s dead
Mamaaa, life had just begun,
But now I’ve gone and thrown it all away
Mama, oooh,
Didn’t mean to make you cry,
If I’m not back again this time tomorrow,
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters
Too late, my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine, body’s aching all
The time
Goodbye, everybody, I’ve got to go,
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, oooh
I don’t want to die,
I sometimes wish I’d never been born at all.
I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouch, Scaramouch, will you do the Fandango!
Thunderbolts and lightning, very, very frightening me
Galileo, Galileo
Galileo, Galileo
Galileo, Figaro – magnificoo
I’m just a poor boy nobody loves me
He’s just a poor boy from a poor family,
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come, easy go, will you let me go
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let him go!) Bismillah! We will not let you go
(Let me go) Will not let you go
(Let me go)(Never) Never let you go
(Let me go) (Never) let you go (Let me go) Ah
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia, let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me,
For meee
So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh, baby, can’t do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here
Nothing really matters, Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me
Any way the wind blows… -

We Will Rock You
Song by QueenBuddy, you’re a boy, make a big noise
Playing in the street, gonna be a big man someday
You got mud on your face, you big disgrace
Kicking your can all over the place, singin’
We will, we will rock you
We will, we will rock you
Buddy, you’re a young man, hard man
Shouting in the street, gonna take on the world someday
You got blood on your face, you big disgrace
Waving your banner all over the place
We will, we will rock you, sing it!
We will, we will rock you, yeah
Buddy, you’re an old man, poor man
Pleading with your eyes, gonna get you some peace someday
You got mud on your face, big disgrace
Somebody better put you back into your place, do it!
We will, we will rock you, yeah, yeah, come on
We will, we will rock you, alright, louder!
We will, we will rock you, one more time
We will, we will rock you
Yeah -

Radio Ga Ga
Song by QueenI’d sit alone and watch your light
My only friend through teenage nights
And everything I had to know
I heard it on my radio
You gave them all those old time stars
Through wars of worlds invaded by Mars
You made ’em laugh, you made ’em cry
You made us feel like we could fly
So don’t become some background noise
A backdrop for the girls and boys
Who just don’t know, or just don’t care
And just complain when you’re not there
You had your time, you had the power
You’ve yet to have your finest hour
Radio (radio)
All we hear is radio ga ga
Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
All we hear is radio ga ga
Radio blah blah
Radio, what’s new?
Radio, someone still loves you
We watch the shows, we watch the stars
On videos for hours and hours
We hardly need to use our ears
How music changes through the years
Let’s hope you never leave, old friend
Like all good things, on you we depend
So stick around, ’cause we might miss you
When we grow tired of all this visual
You had your time, you had the power
You’ve yet to have your finest hour
Radio (radio)
All we hear is radio ga ga
Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
All we hear is radio ga ga
Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
All we hear is radio ga ga
Radio blah blah
Radio, what’s new?
Someone still loves you
You had your time, you had the power
You’ve yet to have your finest hour
Radio (radio) -

We Are the Champions
Song by QueenI’ve paid my dues
Time after time
I’ve done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I’ve made a few
I’ve had my share of sand
Kicked in my face
But I’ve come through
And we mean to go on and on and on and on
We are the champions, my friends
And we’ll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
‘Cause we are the champions of the World
I’ve taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune
And everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it’s been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before
The human race
And I ain’t gonna lose
And we mean to go on and on and on and on
We are the champions, my friends
And we’ll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
‘Cause we are the champions of the World
We are the champions, my friends
And we’ll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
‘Cause we are the champions of the World -

Killer Queen
Song by QueenShe keeps her Moet et Chandon
In her pretty cabinet
“Let them eat cake”, she says
Just like Marie Antoinette
A built-in remedy
For Khrushchev and Kennedy
At anytime an invitation
You can’t decline
Caviar and cigarettes
Well versed in etiquette
Extraordinarily nice
She’s a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
Recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?
To avoid complications
She never kept the same address
In conversation
She spoke just like a baroness
Met a man from China
Went down to Geisha Minah
Then again incidentally
If you’re that way inclined
Perfume came naturally from Paris (naturally)
For cars she couldn’t care less
Fastidious and precise
She’s a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
Drop of a hat she’s as willing as
Playful as a cat
Then momentarily out of action
Temporarily out of gas
To absolutely drive you wild, wild
She’s all out to get you
She’s a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime
Recommended at the price
Insatiable an appetite
Wanna try?
You wanna try -
@oodiebom
Hi Oodiebom.
I want to send well wishes in advance for you and Hubby’s 2nd COVID shot. I can’t believe it has already been over a month since we have gotten our 2nd shot on March 24th. We both received the Pfizer. I was tired the next day and just really rested and did nothing and felt fine the next day. Hubby was fatigued but had chills and felt fine the next day too.
Your weather sounds like our first day back. I know we are back home because the humidity is higher than the actual temperature. We hit 94 today.
We left Ruidoso yesterday and had the heater on in the morning. When we got home to Boerne, we needed the AC. Just crazy.
The sun is down now so going to do a little yard work. It looks so pretty and green from all the recent rains.
Take care.🌹 -

Club Sheba
This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.
Conversation Info
Posted in Talk Among Yourselves
15,174 Replies
11.19.21 4:04 AM
27 Participants
