Forum Replies Created
-
I stayed home today and did absolutely nothing. Yesterday was a bad day and though I saw hubs I just could not be myself. The headache was gone. But it left me feeling weak and chilled. I was still a bit tired after the meds finally kicked in. There was no rain, but it was cloudy with the white cumulus clouds and high humidity that you wondered where the air went. I have never in my life experienced such brutal headaches that knocked your sails down. Good one day and the next was like something hit your head with a bomb. At first I attributed this to the fall in January where I had hit my left side of the forehead against the door. No opened wounds. No black and blue. But after the first few aches in June, I looked for clues. It happened when the barometer did a downturn. After the weather changed a miracle happened. The migraine went away. So now I know it is definitely weather related. I am back to redoing the kitchen and moving things around. I will be making a drawer just for hubs for plates and utensils. I purchased two induction burners. One is a double. Hubby will now be able to do some boiling and stir frying without worrying about burning his hands. I want him to feel that he can do everything he was able to do, only this time in a different way. No such word as being handicapped. New philosophy.
I am hoping we hear from shoelady soon. It has to be something so severe to keep her away from the computer and saying hi. I know she mentioned feeling very tired and did not know why. It wasn’t like her to make that statement and I pray that everything is OK. Not knowing is the hardest part along with not able to reach out. I sincerely hope she is able to enjoy the Labor Day Weekend.
-
When I signed on last night everything was OK with your thread. Then I checked later and it was topsy turvy. I do not think it was anything. I just chalked it up that the area was having some problems due to weather. Seems Florida isn’t the only ones with heat and humidity. Looks like the East coast is having some problems as well. Who knows????
My head is splitting as well. I am using one eye to type and have been for weeks. No rain is expected today, but my head says differently.
I-95 is OK, but the traffic gets to you. I enjoy our scenic route which not only takes us through the mountains but also off the beaten track are caves to visit and to see. Going through Ct. and
NY, you only have the food courts for rest areas and eating. We often went off the highway to find food and of course pay the toll. The route we use has one toll and tons of places to choose to eat and rest. There are shops as well to walk around or stop to purchase. Numerous hotels/motels to make your stay more adventureous.Vermont is a lovely State. Great views and scenic routes. Before leaving check out I-91 from Ct..
Yankee Candle is off this route. I’m not sure if you can still see it from the highway. Vermont and Maine are very picturesque with quaint shops and country stores. There is much to see and do in New England and one week is not enough time to get off the beaten path to smell the roses. This is something hubs and I enjoyed doing during the spring and summer months before heading South. Our favorite market in that area is Market Basket. This store starts in Rhode Island and there are many more in Mass., and Vermont. It is as close to a Farmer’s Market as you will see when adventuring. I’m sure your daughter has been to one in or near the Boston area. They have a great story and family history. Their history is online and is a great read.