Conversation – 18

Hello Peeps time for a new Conversation Thread. This is
number 18 out of the series. I created and started this thread 9 years ago.
I will change it often from now on. This is just a knock around
thread about things in life. My life and others. I am an avid Heidi
Daus Collector, former singer, model and so on. I do this thread because
I enjoy what I do. I love fashion and music and HSN is a little of both.
I cover a lot of music and fashion on this thread. ✨😎
I am going to wish Happy Holidays to all the Peeps out there and please
stay safe.
Reply
-
NATO marks International Holocaust Remembrance Day
NATO marked International Holocaust Remembrance Day with a solemn ceremony at the Alliance’s headquarters in Brussels on Friday (27 January 2023). Addressing the event, Deputy Secretary General Mircea Geoană called this year’s act of remembrance “particularly poignant for all of us here in Europe”, coming almost a year after Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
Calling Russia’s brutal war of aggression the biggest security threat since the Second World War, Mr. Geoană said: “We are seeing horrific scenes that we thought we had banished to the history books… They are a chilling reminder of how fragile freedom is and how we can never take peace and security for granted.” Underscoring the importance of NATO unity in supporting Ukraine and strengthening Allied defences, he said: “By standing up for our values today, we honour all those who struggle for freedom and democracy every day.”
On Thursday, President Isaac Herzog became the first Israeli head of state to address Allies in the North Atlantic Council. Welcoming President Herzog to NATO Headquarters, Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg underscored the importance of International Holocaust Remembrance Day, saying “we will never forget” the victims of World War II.
Today’s ceremony at NATO Headquarters was hosted by the Italian and Polish delegations. Following a poetry reading on the Holocaust, a visitation stone was unveiled as a symbolic act of remembrance for the bereaved – forming the words “we remember”. The flags of all 30 NATO Allies are at half-mast today.
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Good Tuesday Morning Peeps have a wonderful day. ✨🌹
-

-

-

-

-

-

Watch Heidi Daus Jewelry Designs Wednesday, April 19 at 6pm ET
-
Well, it’s Tuesday morning and I am up and about. Yesterday was very hectic as you can imagine.
I was up at the crack of dawn which is now around 7 am having gone to bed the night prior close to 3 am. Hubby had an appointment in the morning with an urologist. I had to complete tons of paperwork which they never received when it was completed originally at the Rehab Center and no one there told me it was returned. There was tons to complete and thus hubby wasn’t called until I had returned all 20 pages to the front desk. But, I have to say, it was the most complex and most complete forms I have ever encountered. Hubby’s appointment came and the physician did read everything. There are three tests that he needs to see. Next week he will have an ultrasound on the kidneys, bladder and prostate. There are several procedures he must go through prior to this appointment. Another is surgery where they insert a camera into the bladder and kidney area to actually see what is going on. There is a third one as well. The physician is hoping that he will be able to get rid of the catheter altogether. Ditto from me. I must admit that of all the urologists on the Gulf coast, this is the one I actually wanted. He was number one on my list. His handshake spoke volumes..Following the appointment I ran home. I had a phone call from the animal wildlife org. Yep, I found something quite scary. A rather large footprint in my kitchen near the sink area. He mentioned that it could be either a raccoon or a possum. He thinks it came in and then left when they could not find a food source. How they left is a good question. This organization is a do not kill. They trap the animal and then release it in a habitat that is conducive to what they eat, usually not near a residential area. He was also able to close one area on the lanai, but mentioned that I needed someone to do a more complete job. He also recommended that this is a good time to find a cat or a dog. I will contact our primary care physician to see if we can come up with a good excuse. I think my hearing loss may help this situation.
On Sunday, one of my neighbors brought paint color samples in order to choose something for the exterior trim which also includes two metal awnings. The awnings I would like to part with, but may be permanent if it will damage the siding. There are tons of blue colors, but one in particular stands out. Unfortunately, that color is on the Cape. I know from previous treks to both Lowes and Home Depot along with Benjamin Moore, that color does not exist. Sherwin Williams is a possibility. Sometime today I will take a look at the samples.
Tomorrow is Heidi’s day. Unfortunately, I will miss her presentations, but rest assured when that video comes up I will enjoy it as much as you did. The timing is when I am with hubby. I try to stay until he starts to fall asleep. And speaking of hubby, he surprised me yesterday by actually getting up out of his wheelchair. Lately, he has had the urge to go even with the catheter. A real good sign. I think he will be able to do those three steps into the house without a problem. Just need to get him to eat more for muscle and energy.
Hope your sinuses are feeling better. We did have rain yesterday. Actually I awoke to hear the thunder and see the lightning. It poured here. And now the humidity is gone and the temps last night were in the 60s. No need for the A/C.. No rain chance today. And, yes, we are still in a drought situation. When I left hubby last night, I felt cold. Could not wait to get home and warm up with a bowl of soup with wontons. I think sometime either this week or next I will drive to Trader Joe’s. I haven’t been there in three years due to you know what. Also need a Christmas Tree Shop and Homegoods fix. Hubby said he wants to go also. He enjoys those three as well. Again, will not look at driving North until he is stronger and we get the OK from all physicians. Take care and enjoy your walks with Poppy.
Conversation Info
Posted in Talk Among Yourselves
6,375 Replies
07.18.23 7:56 PM
14 Participants