Can't believe they got rid of Anthony, horrible clothing lines
I really liked his clothing. Iman too. All of HSN’s clothing lines are horrible. Their lines are horrible. The designs bad.
HSN either has lost touch with it’s base or has given up on it’s base.
-
I used to buy all my clothes from HSN that I didn’t make myself (I was a sewer). Since I did sew I was particularly excited by details that I appreciated as a sewer. Things like bound buttonholes instead of machine made buttonholes, welt pockets, instead of patch pockets, beautifully pleated garments, or high stylish looking garments that were reasonably priced (Randolph Duke comes to mind). In all the years I have been shopping with HSN I never once saw anyone wearing something I bought on HSN (even though with the amount of volume HSN sold this would not have been a problem for me). However, ALL the designers that had that kind of quality and attention to detail garments have left. I no longer buy clothes from HSN or QVC unless the price is very low and the shipping is free.
-
I really Liked Democracy and many orher smaller lines they have gotten rid of.
-
-
I agree with you as well. I have many Iman pieces of clothing, including, dresses, pants, jackets and tops. I continue to watch Iman’s site to see whether she will return to a clothing line. Loved her pieces!
-
I really miss her and watch for her to return also! I will continue to check Amazon to see if she shows up there. Iman’s Brand has a way of making my closet blossom.
-
-
I miss Anthonny and Iman. I have so many of their pieces. I only shop Nina Leonard now.
-
I miss them too. My closet is grounded in Antthony and Iman. I have found some C Wonder and Kathy Ireland pieces that word very well with my Antthony and Iman closet.
-
-
You are so right. Overpriced and cheap quality clothing now.
-
I totally agree with you.
-
I was — and still am — a fan of Anthony. Unfortunately, HSN’s clothing has become dull and uninspiring. I rarely feel motivated to buy clothing, jewelry, or handbags from the site anymore. These used to be my favorite go‑tos, but retail waits for no one. There are so many places offering fresh, exciting pieces now… just not HSN or QVC.
-
They didn’t have a choice about Iman’s line…she decided to step away. But it was a very BAD business decision to cancel Antthony. Too bad they couldn’t have grabbed Laurie Feltheimer’s line before she went back to QVC. She blows Guiliana’s line out of the water. Mark and James are great though. All the truly great designers are starting to go back to retail. Isaac Mizrahi just returned to Target. Sounds like he make just be the first of many.
-
It is too bad QVC/HSN decided to take away Antthony and other designers. Bad choices on their part but I can only assume due to their bad business decisions they will suffer and continue to lose a good portion of their previous clientele. Too bad QVC/HSN. Perhaps you should rethink your CEO’s concerns, etc. and focus on where you started with, your consumer!
-
Conversation Info
Posted in Fashion
12 Replies
2 months ago
9 Participants