• Curtis Stone bakeware.buckling at 350

Does anyone else have the problem of Curtis Stones’s bakeware buckling in his convection oven at 350? I know it says you can bake up to 450 so why is mine buckling at 350???? Any help would be useful.

• When you using convection setting on any oven, I think , you lower the temp. to 325.
    I have a small convection toaster oven , that is what I do.

• Bjspick is correct and you do lower the temperature when using a convection oven. However, since the cookware buckled at 350 degrees, something just isn’t right with the cookware. I’d call HSN if you’re within the 30 days or the manufacturer after 30 days. Good luck Fitnessmom.

• I have purchased several Curtis Stone products. The best product was the first cookware set Curtis offered that had the “new” speckled coating. The thickness of the metal in the pans impressed me immediately. Over time the durability of the coating had me singing praise every time I used them. During Curtis anniversary programming, I ordered the new set primarily for the large stockpot. When the set came, the stockpot was dented although the packaging and all other items were pristine. Hubby took a look and said it look like a manufacturing issue. He said it look like the machinery smashed the pot when it fastened the handle to the pot. I noticed that this stock pot was noticeably “skinny” compared to the thickness of the metal in the first set. Maybe this is why it got crimped by the manufacturing machinery.

I’m not an expert but I would think that the thickness of the metal also affects the cookware’s ability to deal with temperature. Perhaps this could explain Fitnessmom’s buckling problem.

• I have one of Curtis Stone’s original speckled skillets and it is amazing. Heats well, cooks well, and cleans so easily. I hope he hasn’t changed his product. I would like to buy more of what I have.

• SORRY MY KEYBOARD IS LOSING IT TODAY.

I’M STUCK WITH CAPS AND NOT SHOUTING.

AFTER A WHILE MY CRAZY KEYBOARD REVERTS BACK TO NORMAL..

THAT IS TERRIBLE THAT THE CURTIS STONE BAKEWARE BUCKLED AT 350 DEGREES.

I USE IT IN MY CONVECTION OVEN AND REGULAR GAS OVEN, AND THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED TO ME, BUT THEN I BOUGHT MY C.S. 11 PIECE DURA PAN SET A WHILE AGO, SO PERHAPS NOW IT IS MANUFACTURED NOT TO BE AS LONG LASTING AND DURABLE AS PREVIOUS SETS?……WHO KNOWS, BUT I SURE HOPE CHEF STONE READS THESE HSN CUSTOMER REMARKS AND REPLIES THE NEXT TTIME HE COMES TO HSN.

I AM TRULY SORRY HE DID NOT READ THEM WHEN HE HAD ANOTHER OF HIS DURA PAN COOKWARE SETS AS A TODAY’S SPECIAL YESTERDAY.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF HE READ THIS HSN THREAD, AND ON HSN AND LIVE TV DURING THE PRESENTATIONS COMMENTED ON THIS BUCKLING DILEMMA.

I WAS THINKING OF GIFTING A COOKWARE DURA PAN SET TO A DEAR FRIND, BUT NOW AM WONDERING IF I SHOULD OR NOT, AND SINCE I AM CAUTIOUS BY NATURE AFTER READING THESE REPLIES I DON’T THINK I WILL.

THERE IS NOTHING MORE EMBARRASSING THAN HEARING YOUR GIFT DEVELOPED A DEFECT, OR ARRIVE WITH A DEFECT, OR ARRIVED COVERED IN GREASE AND USED AS HAPPENED TO ME WITH MY CURTIS STONE DURA PAN FRYER WITH BASKET AND LID AND STEAMER COVERS.

THAT WAS DISGUSTING AND I LET HSN KNOW AND RETURNED IT FOR A REPLACEMENT.

I RETURNED IT TO THEM JUST AS I RECEIVED IT USED WITH GREASE AND GREASY FOOD AND OIL BOTHON THE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE.

I COLD NEVER FATHOM WHO COULD DO THIS, BUT THEN I IMAGINE IT TAKES ALL KINDS.

STILL HSN SHOULD NOT HAVE STUCK ME WITH THAT CURTIS STONE USED GREASY OILS & GREASY FOOD DURA PAN FRYER.

IT WAS NICE SINCE IT COULD BE USED AS A REGULAR POT, & THE STEAMER BASKET COULD BE USED FOR STEAMING OR FRYING IN THE POT.

ALSO THE 2 LID COVERS….1 FRYER COVER WITH PERFORATED HOLES ON TOP, AND ONE GLASS COVER WERE INDEED NICE, BUT WHEN I BUY I PREFER TO PAY FOR UNUSED BRAND NEW ITEMS STRAIGHT FROM THE MANUFACTURER, STILL WRAP PROTECTED WITH ALL DOCUMENTATION ENCLOSED, SO HSN MUST STOP THEIR PRACTICE OF RESELLING GREASY USED ITEMS TO UNSUSPECTING HSN MEMBERS.

MY REPLACEMENT CURTIS STONE DURA PAN STEAMER/FRYER IS WONDERFUL, AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

AGAIN SO SORRY ABOUT THE BAKING BUCKLING DILEMMA, THAT SHOULD NOT OCCUR.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  redman1.
    • I think you’re right, Redman1 about the change in manufacturing process. Just my opinion, but I think after a product is a success, future items are made cheaper and the quality isn’t the same. I found this to be true of my Todd English Green Pans and Brooklyn Lanterns. Both were bought during first showings. Bought more of each down the road and the quality wasn’t the same. As for used items, yes, better quality control is needed. I just received an off white pair of sandals and they were clearly worn. Both outer sides were scuffed up and the leather was filthy. Toe imprints were marked on the insole. They looked like sandals sold at a garage sale. I sent pictures to HSN and HSN Erica took care of me. She waived return shipping and sent out a new pair. I haven’t received them yet and hoping they are brand new.

POST A REPLY

Conversation Info

Posted in Kitchen & Food

7 Replies

05.23.17 4:04 AM

6 Participants