Does anyone know if the Hoverboard that HSN is selling is one of the same that caught fire. I just came across the following on the news today, and was thinking about purchasing one, but was concerned if this was one of the same? please read below MIAMI (CBSMiami) – They’re one of the hottest gifts of the season – Hover boards or those self-balancing scooters but at least two people say they have unexpectedly caught fire. Moments after getting his so-called hover board Timothy Cade was calling for help! “I came outside turned it on, came down the sidewalk not even a 100 feet and it exploded,” said Cade. And he’s not alone. In Louisiana, Jessica Horne said the popular transportation device is the reason she won’t have a home this holiday. “I just seen sparks like shhhhh like shooting like a firework and before I had time to even say that it was on fire, the house was on fire… the entire middle of the board just poof. I mean it just literally exploded,” said Horne. Horne bought the device for her son’s birthday last month. Her local fire department is now investigating. While there haven’t been any recalls issued, hover boards have been at the center of at least one warning. Is there any kind of a warning on these yet? Have these been tested? Please advise
I sure hope they are safe.Our local news reported 1 blowing up right after the boy charged the batteries and did lots of damage to that room.Fire dept says if family had not been home that the entire house would have burned down.
So please charge them only if you are at home,just in case.
Hover board? The news had on that quite a few people are ending up at the emergency room with injuries from turnover board. Helmets and pads are a must for safety….Ronnie
We bought one from HSN…SO GLAD we did…luv hsn thank you for products that are tested#!!!!!
I ordered on the 16th still no tracking number available is there anyway to know if the items are shipped?
@ HSN_Candace – can you confirm that they also contain either the LG or Samsung Lithium batteries? thank you!
I actually think I would like one for myself,looks like fun.
At the same time I think I’m losing my mind!..LOL
Hottest" item this happy holiday season . They have been banned from airplanes , even from the cargo area .
I HEARD ON NEWS THAT 80% OF THEM CATCH FIRE. A REALLY "HOT" GIFT INDEED!
As an adult, I can Not see the interest in these Boards. I am surprised that children have any interest in them.
It’s easy to see the fun and excitement with Skates and Skateboards. But with these type boards … All you do is ‘Hover’ on or over them. – What a dud. … IMO
I think that after three days of ‘use’ the users will be very tired and bored wih these type boards.
Yea they look somewhat ‘cool’ at first peep; but then you realize that they are duds.
Aren’t these the thing that was initially called ”The It”?
I remember watching the Morning News Show a few years ago. This concept was introduced as the Invention of the century. Initially. It was designed and invented to assist disabled people to move about. They eventually saw that That angle would not be feasible, so they began to market it as a Toy.
I am happy to know that HSN has taken the time to research the items. Thanks for safety first!
Hello , you’re right, hoverboards are hot gifts this season. The hoverboards you are referring to are not UL inspected and approved. The AIR RIDE Hoverboard, 468-900, sold by HSN are UL approved. That makes a big difference.
Posted in Talk Among Yourselves
01.02.16 9:50 PM