New Year’s Resolutions 2016—> Diet & Exercise!
January 1-2016… Well, friends, it’s that time when we Ring in the New Year and make some Resolutions. Often, these have to do with Diet & Exercise. Astrologically-speaking, here is the Best Day to start such programs—>
Sunday, January 3-2016 @ 2:45-pm Eastern; 1:45-pm Central; 12:45-pm Mountain, and 11:45-am Pacific.
Now then, do you all want to know why? *lol*
1. It’s ALWAYS best to start such Weight-loss programs on a Waning Moon. The New Moon represents New Beginnings, and the Waning Moon is strongest in the 4th Quarter leading up to the New Moon. On Sunday, January 3rd, the Moon enters the 4th Quarter. The New Moon taking place on Saturday, Januaray 9th.
Why is a Waning Moon best? Because it represents DECREASE… whereas the Sun represents INCREASE… and why you don’t want to start a ‘diet/exercise’ program when the Moon is on the INCREASE, (moving towards an opposition of the Sun, called the Full Moon, because the Sun, i.e. INCREASE, will always win out).
2. On Sunday, Jan 3rd, the Waning Moon enters Scorpio which is a ‘Fixed’ Sign… and the Sign of the Strongest Will in the entire Zodiac. ‘Fixed’ means that whatever is started will be seen thru. The other Fixed Signs are Taurus, Leo, and Aquarius.
If a project is started in a ‘Cardinal’ Sign, (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn), the beginning is strong, but there is little lasting power to see it thru to completion. If such is started in a ‘Mutable’ Sign, (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces), there is a lot of vacillation… you’ll diet one day and blow it the next, you’ll exercise one day and then let it go for two. A ‘Fixed’ Sign is the BEST Sign to start all projects.
3. Scorpio is the BEST Sign to start such endeavors as it represents ELIMINATION. And that’s just what we all want when undertaking such programs… eliminate weight, bad eating habits, toxins in the body, laziness that prevents us from exercising, etc etc.
4. I gave the times above because the Moon in Scorpio is Conjuncting Mars in Scorpio then… and this is very fortuitous for many reasons. The Moon represents not only our FOOD HABITS, but our EMOTIONAL NATURE as well. And, as I think most of us can attest, we often eat because of our moods rather than out of actual hunger. Take the Moon as I’ve just described and add that to the Willpower of Eliminative Scorpio and you have the Power to Change those Habits… get them under control instead of being at the mercy of them.
Mars, on the other hand, represents ACTION. Any action we take, regarding anything, is ruled by Mars. And, as Mars is co-ruler of Scorpio, along with Pluto, (the Planet of Transformation), I think you can see that this is a most auspicious time to undertake such Diet & Exercise programs. Scorpio gives us the Fixed Willpower to see thru to the end, (once we’ve made up our mind to do so), whatever it is we want to accomplish. Mars gives us the Physical strength to see it thru. Pluto gives us the Transformative desire to Change ourselves. And, the Moon gives us the Emotional temerity to ‘Just Do It’ because we have that inner KNOWING that we’ll feel so much better when our body reflects the vision we have of ourself in our ‘Mind’s Eye’.
5. Another reason why this is the best date is because Mercury goes Retrograde the following Tuesday, (Jan 5th), and one NEVER wants to start anything on, or during, a Mercury Retrograde as ‘the best-laid-plans-of-mice-and-men’ all go kaflooey, *lol*.
6. One final reason why Sunday, January 3rd is the best date to start is because, lucky us, Jupiter is also going Retrograde on Thursday, January 7th. Now, Jupiter is considered the ‘Santa Claus’ of the Zodiac. It’s the largest Planet, and represents, of course, LARGESSE in everything… and most especially in generosity, compassion, taking a risk, being lucky, etc etc. However, with such largesse comes the other side of the coin– EXCESS. Jupiter is notorious for over-indulgence, again, in all things… food, travel, spending, you name it. So, the fact that Jupiter is going Retrograde is a good thing for those wanting to start such Diet & Excercise programs. We will feel ‘curbed’ true… but we won’t feel ‘deprived’. That’s the gift of Jupiter Retrograde… we will happily hold ourselves in check.
Personally, I’ve gone down two dress sizes in the past year, but, I have more to go. I, like many, let myself indulge over the holidays… and loved every minute of it! But, now it’s time to get back, body & soul, to being more aware of, and responsible towards, my physical health and the goals I’ve set for myself Diet & Exercise-wise.
It is my hope that such Astrological explanations will be of some assistance to any of you that are wanting to not only make, but keep, such New Year’s Resolutions.
Blessings to you all!
Been digging out mounds of snow. LOL. Does that count as exercise?….Ronnie
Hi Faire, Cancer here and I always start out so strong and get a little weak and struggle to finish. Thanks for posting this information, fun to read as well as informative. My HSN card payments will help with my resolve to stay on my changing my eating habits. Congrats on your weight loss. I am on it, ate healthy today and did a little walking on my treadmill.:womanhappy:
No diet resolutions here….But a definate on curbing my spending.
I shop way too much…..:cattongue:
Faire…….Scorpio here. Ate quite a bit over the holidays but kicked up my exercise routine and actually lost a pound….Ronnie
I am going to copy what you wrote. Thank you.:womanhappy:
Thank you for the wealth of information and insight FaireMaiden…was going to start my diet on Monday but tomorrow it is! Congratulations on your weight loss last year!!!
Not sure about all this, but it’s interesting, and am willing to give it a try. tomorrow is the day, and will let you know how i’m doing…
one more day to pig out! lol
Congratulations FaireMaiden on your weight loss! I’ve also lost two sizes since last spring, 30 lbs. total. I still have more than that to loose, but I’m thrilled to finally be out of the Women’s department, and back into Misses. My doctor took me off cholesterol medication back in July when I was down by 15 pounds. I go for a follow-up in a couple weeks, and hope my numbers remain normal.
Way ahead of you Faire on the diet and exercise. Been pacing myself the holidays and doing all my excersises. Here’s my first New Years resolution though. I’ll rise tomorrow when the sun shines, maybe, sometime during the day.. Probably when the critters come in and nose me out of bed. What a party. Happy New Year and many more. Pork and sauerkraut tomorrow…….Ronnie
Posted in Health & Wellness
01.27.16 12:40 AM