Hi all –
We are transitioning into the world of Tracfone and are very unfamiliar with the whole concept. We need to save money and this seemed like a more economical choice. Here are a few questions we have. We greatly appreciate if you could help us (and feel free to add in more information that you might think is helpful!):
1) The phone comes with one year of service. Does this mean the phone will stop working at the end of one year, even if there are minutes left?
2) The phone comes with triple minutes- how does that work? If I buy a refill card with 100 minutes, does it really mean I’m getting 300 minutes?
3) How do you add data and text? Do they have their own separate cards or are they automatically part of the “minutes” refill card and added at the same time? Do these automatically triple as well?
4) Any suggestions as to the best place to buy refill cards?
Thanks so much for reading and for your help. As you can see, we are not tech savvy. Hopefully we didn’t bite off more than we can chew. Look forward to hearing from you. Best to all, take good care.
yes it will deactivate you have 60 days you will lose minutes left
yes it does triple you mins I buy 60 equals 180
they come with minutes purchase they do not triple
walmart lowes home depot food store
You made an excellent choice
Hello.. I have a question on the Samsung Galaxy S5 Tracfone. I really like the phone except for one problem. It came with 4.4 Kit kat and has never upgraded to 5.1 (Lollip or now 6.1 Marshmellow) I have called both Samsung and they say it is Tracfone’s fault and Tracfone says it is Samsung’s fault. Each one says the other is in charge of sending out the upgrade but that doesn’t help us. I keep checking for an upgrade on the phone But it just says the phone is up to date and no upgrade is found? It has been several months and still no upgrade on the OS?? Why? Will these phones ever upgrade or are we stuck with Kit Kat for the life of the phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me nuts. My kids have the S5 on a contract phone and their phones have automatically upgraded to Lollip and now they have Marshmellow and my phone which is supposedly the same phone won’t move to the other OS..Please help as I have had this problem with Tracfone before.
HSN said you can do all form the phone or go to any local retail store.
#1. you just have to renew before the annual date. I just activated my tracfone and i don’t have to renew it before my annual date.which is today in 2017.
#2. yes, it automatically tripples to whatever minutes you decide to purchase.
#3 they have cards to just add extra data etc
#4. you can purchase card at various stores, online at tracfone, or from your phone itself.
I am glad the ? was asked. TF has alway’s been my phone away from home/emergency/power outage in the city.. The cost is well worth it. I dropped the big monthly plans/carrier’s. I am a TF owner for life.
Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply. You’ve helped to answer many of our questions. We are hoping you could clarify one more thing for us. We are still a bit confused on the minute cards and days. For example: If we buy a card with a 90 day service plan and 60 minutes (which would really be 180 minutes because of triple minutes, if I understand correctly), does that mean that after 90 days, if there are still minutes on my phone, they will expire? Or when I add minutes to the phone, are they just added and they stay until they are used? We are really confused about why there is a number of days on the refill cards. We’d like to put a bunch of minutes on the phone and not worry about it – we certainly don’t want to pay for something just to have them expire and disappear.
I hope I’m making sense. Sorry for all of the questions. We are very grateful for the help. Best to all.
Hi sld44. Welcome.
I love Tracfones. I buy minutes on the Tracfone website.
Sometimes when I google “promo code tracfone” I can find a code to get extra free minutes. When I’m on the website to buy the minutes, I put the promo code in.
Any left-over minutes you have will carry-over.
I’ve been with Tracfone for 6+ years. I live in Alabama so things may be different other places but I purchase my cards at CVS most of the time but they are available everywhere. Unless you purchase a year card they are for 90 days and however many minutes you pay for (ranging from 60 mins. up). Whatever you purchase triples the minutes but not the airtime days. Most stores except Walmart requires you to pay cash for the cards. They won’t except credit cards, debit cards or personal check. Alabama adds a fee for 911 on top of the Tracfone price but it’s less than $2. You MUST keep your minutes and your time active-never let either one lapse and you will have smooth sailing for years to come. I ordered this LG TS to replace a not so smart LG I’ve had for quite some time. I’ve never been Online with my phone so I don’t know how much data is needed but I have seen a data only card where I purchase my minutes. I look forward to being able to use my phone for APP only specials at many of the area stores-including CVS. I have already lost enough specials to pay for my phone if I’d had access to the savings specials. Good luck and I hope we picked the right upgrade phone. Time will tell.
1 The service is on.. when you are running low on minutes you can call TF and add minutes or most local stores have TF cards for minutes.
2 Everytime you ad 100 mins. multiply x 3 = 300mins TTData
3 TF C/S they are Great!
4 TF C/S number is included w/ the phone also in a booklet that you can file for future use.
I have had 4 TF’s! hope I have helped.:catwink:
1) When it gets close to the end of your year, make sure to reload the minutes becasue if it goes past your renewal date you could possibly loose your phone number and will be given a new one once you renew it.
2) Yes, your minutes, data and texts will triple, just make sure of the time limit, some cards are only good for 30, 60 or 90 days. It’s usually a better deal to get a year’s card. But most year’s cards that’s sold in stores or online are only 400 minutes, the 450 minutes seems to be only available here for their phone bundles. That card will cover all 3 catagories.
3) If you need to buy only text or data, you can go to Tracfone.com and click on the Airtime button near the top of the page. When it opens, click on ‘Smartphones and BYOP plans’ and it will take you to a link where they sell both.
4) You can buy cards just about anywhere, Best Buy, Target, Wal-mat, etc. Or you check back here next year buy minutes and get a new phone for free :smileywink:
I’ve just upgraded with this one from the LG Sunset I got a few months ago. I like the Sunset but I think the bigger screen of the Treasure will be easier to read…I’m at well over 7000 minutes (+ all the other goodies) and am good until 2025 plus what I’ll get when this one is delivered…now I need to behave myself, I’m running out of places to put the phones I’m not using-LOL
hello ?, 1. Service continues year after year. 2. Yes, triple minutes (depending on the promotion for each phone) that roll over. 3. Data, Text & phone is included in the same card. 4. Purchasing minutes is included in your Users Guide.
Posted in Electronics
07.12.16 1:40 PM