I would like to know the exact time line when returns are allowed. If someone from HSN could please answer the following questions, I would appreciate it.
1) HSN FAQs say returns are allowed "30 days from receipt." Does this mean 30 days from when I receive the item or 30 days from the date I ordered?
2) Does the 30 days mean that I just have to ship it on or before the 30th day, or does the package have to arrive before 30 days?
3) If I use HSN’s return label, and I ship multiple items back in one box, will I be charged return shipping for each item or will the charge be based on the total weight of the package? For example, if I shipped back a package with 3 small items that weigh less than 1 pound each (3 pound package total) — how much would HSN deduct from my refund for return shipping?
4) I read on the forum that HSN pays for return shipping on defective items? Is this true? How do you get those shipping charges refunded?
5) Why are some returns only partially refunded? In other words, why would the refund be less than the amount you paid less return shipping? Is shipping both ways not returned?
Thank you for any clarification.
, I’ll be happy to help you with your return questions. With our 30-day return policy, you’ll have 30 days from the date that you receive your order to have it back in the mail to us. When returning items to us, we recommend only shipping items back together that were shipped to you together. If you received items in different boxes, please be sure to return them separately as some of our items get returned to different warehouses. If you do receive a defective item that you need to return, simply let us know and we’ll be happy to waive the charges for using our return label so that you don’t have the charge for using it deducted from your refund.
If you could please check HSN Order # ***.
Total Paid: $ 44.17
HSN Refunded $ 31.22
HSN kept: $ 12.95
This was for a defective dash cam that I returned, I noted on the return slip the exact defect. The pre-installed micro SD card was jammed and would not eject, maknig the dash cam useless for saving any video. I used your return label, and the package weighed about 1 pound.. I’ve never been able to figure out why it was refunded this way.
**Edited by HSN to remove personal information***
Posted in Customer Service
11.05.15 3:21 PM