Perlier Honey Products
This is a request for information from Skip, Amanda, and Perlier customers.
This summer I had my first experience with an allergic reaction to a bee sting, specifically anaphylaxis, which required a trip to the emergency room. A week later, another bee sting, a worse reaction, and overnight hospital admission. I am 68 years old, an avid gardener, always spending lots of time outside. I’ve been stung over the years several times and had no reaction until this summer. In the course of being treated, a doctor asked me if I was allergic to honey. I explained that I rarely eat honey as I didn’t like the taste. The doctor suggested that I should be careful ingesting honey because of a potential reaction.
I was watching the presentation on the Imperial Honey products this evening when it occurred to me that products containing honey might not be good choices for me. Skip often talks about studies conducted on their products and I wondered if there might be information on persons with severe allergic reactions to bee stings using products containing honey. I would appreciate advice and references to research as well as comments from customers who are familiar with reactions to bee stings.
Thanks to all, Sharon
SORRY. ACCIDENTALLY POSTED TWICE AND I DON’T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT.
Thank you all for your replies. I was really spooked by the severity of my reaction and never want to go through that again. I had no idea there could be itching to that degree. I love Perlier products and of course there are so many that I could do without the Imperial Honey line. I did try Korres but for me Perlier was better for healing my skin reaction. I really appreciate your suggestions and information.
I’m super allergic to bees but do well with honey products such as Perlier. The person to ask is your GP or allergist. You are allergic to the bees’ venom not their honey. Some people have honey issues because of severe pollen allergies but there is a lot of anecdoctal evidence that honey is actually generally good in combatting allergies.
i am also allergic to bee stings and use or tried just about every Perlier product on the market without incident. I was also hesitant because of my allergy. I talked with my allergy doctor and he said the two are unrelated. I’ve been using at least one of their products every day for about 3 years. There are many articles on Google about this. Nevertheless, just to be safe, talk to your allergy doctor.
I got stung one time by a bee while trying on a winter coat. I thought that a pin stuck me and asked my husband to help me off with the coat. The bee flew out of the coat. My elbow blew up the size of a golf ball. This is the reason that I’m also hesitant about trying anything with honey. I have had honey in tea and also in cereals without any problems but I’m concerned about rubbing it into my skin.
That could be true. I’d think that a patch test might work. Put some of Perlier Honey on a spot and watch it and see what happens. The toxin in the stinger is NOT the same thing as Honey but there maybe some proteins in common. That might be worth googling. That’s the best I can offer. What kind of Perlier Honey do you like.
Posted in Beauty
01.05.16 7:49 AM