I just got my Jay Manuel foundation . Has any one else
OMG I cant believe how amazing this stuff is .I’ve been looking for a liquid foundation for along time that wont make my pores look huge and my fine lines stand out and this filter finish foundation is the first one that has lived up to it claims..I cant wait to get the powder that Im on extended delivery for .Any one else try theres yet?
Which one did you get?? How did your shade work for your skin tone?? I was looking at the foundation that goes on like a powder, but they only had one shade left in stock. I’ll have to wait, but I’m wondering what you think!
I really wanted to order this on the premier but thought I’d wait until the reviews came out. Just curious about the coverage. I don’t want a "cakey" look but need coverage due to some acne.
I have been waiting to see how people liked this product. Ordering the correct color on my first try is going to be the challenge.
Well…I received mine today as well, and the jury is still out. I ordered Light Filter #4 (In reality, I’m thinking I am probably a #3 1/2, but I don’t know if I am feeling it enough to order a jar of #3 and mix the two.) As for first impressions:
1) Yes – it looks insanely orange in the jar and you will probably want to return it without even trying it, but that would be a mistake. Once applied, the orange really does magically disappear. (And I checked both indoor and outdoor lighting.) So, no oompa loompa worries.
2) As to the reviewer who thought it was too glittery…I’m stumped. If anything, I felt it was too matte/flat. There was none of the luminous "dewy glow" that I was expecting from the "diamond dust" contents and even in the canister I could not see *any* pearlization/glitter.
3) Be sure you look at the product weight before you order. What looks like a nice-sized jar is, in reality, *very* little product. That black section in the photo? All lid. Huge lid. The skinny little sliver of color in the photo? That’s the product. Seems like much less than a standard Bare Minerals, Bella Rose, Tarte, or comparable product container.
4) This will take practice! (At least for me.) I tried every brush, sponge, pouf, and finger on my hands trying to determine the best application method, and eventually found that a fairly dense kabuki works best for me. My Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair brushes were *way* too soft for ideal application, (even their kabuki) as were my YBF brushes. Ended up pulling out my old stand-by Japonesque kabuki and finally got some nice-ish results.
5) If you are used to a "swirl, tap, and buff" application method, be aware that you will end up applying more make-up to the inside of the lid than your face. (And in/on your choice of applicator.) As this micro-powder is designed to explode into a cream under the friction of contact, I ended up with a smeary mess initially. The key seems to be more a "pounce, tap, and buff" method. But even that seemed inexact. I definitely ended up with thicker and thinner coverage areas, NOT a smooth, even application overall.
6) As to the reviews which complain of a gummy texture…I really didn’t notice this – but – I didn’t wear it all day either. I will say that I *do not* think this is a "one and done" product. I would for sure use some sort of finishing powder to "set" it. Which rather defeats the purpose for me. As the supposed nice dewy glow and smooth natural finish would just be covered up by a layer of dry, fine line enhancing powder. And the subsequent "caked-on" look that comes with it.
In short – for me – this is *not* the Holy Grail of foundations that I was hoping for. Is it the worst I’ve ever tried? No. But it’s a loooong way from the best. I will wear it consistently for the next few days and see how my skin reacts, see if my application methods improve, and overall, see if my fondness for this make-up increases from my initial impressions. But for now…I have a feeling that I’ll be sticking with my Too Faced Cocoa Powder foundation. Beats the pants off of this stuff, hands down.
P.S. ATTENTION HSN: a product application demonstration video of this make-up on the website would be really, REALLY nice. The current video simply does not offer enough usage information. An included instruction pamphlet (ala YBF) would be seriously helpful as well. I have been a make-up addict for over 30 years and have used nearly every imaginable form of foundation available – and I still struggled with this stuff!
I ordered two things. The first was the bronzer. When I received the package, it was already broken and powder was all over the place. I returned it and got a full refund.The second product I ordered was the medium 2 powder to cream foundation. It might be a tad darker than I need but I don’t care. It goes on light as a feather (I use a Mac brush to apply it) and everyone has asked me what I am putting on my face. I’ve been told I look younger, my skin looks luminous, I am glowing, etc. It also lasts over 14 hours. I touch up with a little powder and that’s it. I went back to my Mac foundation for two days just to see the difference and my skin looked ashy. The product absolutely works for me. I’d like to know when Jay will be back on the air because I plan to buy the medium 1 and mix the two.
I love the RTW Serum Founation. The Light shade is a perfect neutral tone.
Hi all, first time poster here, but had to say. Love my Jay Manuel liquid foundation! This covers everything, including my Rosacea, and resulting broken capillaries. Just ordered another, my only Gripe is that for the price, there’s not much in that see through tube. The light filter 4 is a great match for me. I’m interested to read any of your comments on this one…
I’m finding that if you have good skin, most any foundation is good. I found I like IT foundation best and actually a few drug store brands and Estee Lauder double wear light. To me, this was just average, not better than what I have been using. The powder wouldn’t come out of the brush and I didn’t like the finish. I thought it more sparkly than luminous. The light was almost white! I sent mine back.
Posted in Beauty
09.13.15 4:43 PM