Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

Saturday TSV - 293-555 Samsung Samsung Galaxy Centura Android TracFone

I am wondering if you already are a Trac fone - i.e have the LG 840 - can I upgrade that phone number with the balance of my minutes to this new ANDROID operating system?

The blurb doesn't say anything about that -

I'm also wondering if I have 1200 minutes left on my LG 840 - when I transfer over to this new operating system/phone - will my 1200 minutes transfer over as 1200 minutes...This deal only gives you 600 minutes and I didn't know if Android minutes counted differently than the regular generic Tracfone minutes...
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

RE: Saturday TSV - 293-555 Samsung Samsung Galaxy Centura Android TracFone

Looks like everything rolls over - neat. I think rather than buying the 400 minute card for the 1 year service with Trac Fone would be better to buy 297-074 and get the 1400 minutes (200 minutes more) for $79 rather than $99 with the 400 minutes/for a year card.

I won't have to do that because I already have minutes and a year and half left on my phone...Straight Talk has this phone - looks like it gets decent ratings. I have this wallet/cell phone - very nice quality - leather too boot - I think I paid a wee bit more - great price - 206-328

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
4kitties

Just a heads up for all Tracfone users...
When you are going to but more airtime whether online or the card from the store..Go to Tracfone's website..or "goo-gle" Tracfone bonus codes..They have bonus codes that you can add on..but you need that code..I'm "techno-challenged"..I usually call their CS..without problems..and giving them that bonus code plus the card code..it goes and and all my other minutes roll over..
I buy a 1 year card with 400 minutes which triples with my phone..Plus there was a bonus code..for an extra 200 minutes..The bonus minutes don't double or triple though..
Hey every minute helps!..I've been doing it for years..

P.S. There are bonus codes ..for most of their other airtime cards..write down a couple in case one might have expired..
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

I have several questions concerning the Galaxy Centura that I am hoping someone can provide answers.
I currently have the LG 840 tracphone. I can access the internet from any hotspot and not have it deduct any minutes. How does that differ with the Samsung Galaxy Centura?? Do I use data minutes to access the internet and, therefore, using the internet is not free with this phone?
Also, does it use only wifi signal found at hotspots (like McDonalds etc) to access the internet or can I access the internet from anywhere? I am not tech savy and do not quite understand all of this 'new' technology.
Am just trying to figure out what is better with this Galaxy Centura phone and what are the added benefits of using this phone over the LG840 I currently have. Especially since I don't use any minutes to access the internet but with the Galaxy It seems that I am using minutes only it is called data.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mooncat7

I've seen two presentations now, and unlike when I purchased the LG840G, they have not discussed the procedure for current owners to keep their phone number and get their minutes rolled over, as they have done in presentations of previous phones. Reps if you are reading this forum, please talk about this on-air.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
NANCY0424

Melissa said you can use your same phone number and if your a Tracfone customer, your existing minutes will be rolled over to this phone. So in other words, if you have 200 minutes on your existing phone, they will be put on this new phone and tripled. You will have 200 for talk, 200 for text and 200 for data, plus the 600 that is coming with the phone. This is amazing. You can just use this phone at home using your own wifi or when you are out at a hotspot( like a Mc Donald's) and now your data will be free, just like the lg840.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

Hey 4kitties - have you checked out 297-074 - its for the LG840 - gives you 1400 minutes for $79! This is giving you 200 more minutes for $20 less... plus you have the LG840 as a backup phone. Just a thought :smileyhappy:

Just a heads up for all Tracfone users...
When you are going to but more airtime whether online or the card from the store..Go to Tracfone's website..or "goo-gle" Tracfone bonus codes..They have bonus codes that you can add on..but you need that code..I'm "techno-challenged"..I usually call their CS..without problems..and giving them that bonus code plus the card code..it goes and and all my other minutes roll over..
I buy a 1 year card with 400 minutes which triples with my phone..Plus there was a bonus code..for an extra 200 minutes..The bonus minutes don't double or triple though..
Hey every minute helps!..I've been doing it for years..

P.S. There are bonus codes ..for most of their other airtime cards..write down a couple in case one might have expired..
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Arty01

Question for those who own these "touch-screen" type of phones...
I bought the Samsung Galaxy S390 Tracfone they offered about one -year ago. Despite the phone being decent, with good service, the pocket-dialing issue has been a nightmare and I've spent the last year carrying it around in fear of yet another 9-1-1 callback (and, no...locking it doesn't help.)

Do these types of phones have that issue when you carry in your pants pocket and/or accidentally lean against a counter for more than three seconds. My one-year is up and this one looks pretty good, but I'm definitely leaning toward going back to a standard flip-phone...

Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
toriat

Pocket dialing has been an issue in my family. To avoid pocket dialing, after finishing a call, always bring the phone back to its home screen. Pocket dialing occurs after you have talked to someone and you leave the screen with their number still on it and do not go back to the home screen. Then if you press on it it dials the number. So if you always get out of that screen and go back to the home screen you will not have so called pocket dialing.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
posiexyz

Arty01: I get the impression the pocket dialing problem / 911 calls is an issue specific to the Samsung S390. I bought the same phone last year in Dec. and have had the same problem. It's a shame because otherwise, it's been a good, basic phone! I'm hoping since this new one has a touch screen, this will avoid the auto dialing of 911! I have to renew my minutes in Dec. anyway, so I'm looking at this one as an upgrade.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.