AnnieKpf | New Friend | 12.15.2012 2:20 AM
The same Kindle Fire HD 32 gb is $249.00 at Staples....free shipping amd is on Amazon for $249.00 so why is it $299.00 on HSN? So all the stuff that's supposedly 'free' that comes with it is costing people $50.00.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
scorpio1973 | New Friend | 01.22.2013 6:08 PM
Have to agree with what others have said here. People are paying more for the FlexPay option. A lot of the time the extras don't warrant the extra cost. Don't even get me started on how ridiculously overpriced iPads are here. For the most part HSN does offer good deals (my Dyson Heater/Fan was $120 off retail), but not on popular, brand name electronics.
Tillie123 | Admirer 3 | 01.04.2013 5:16 PM
I agree! A total rip! I purchased the Kindle 8.9 HD 64g from Amazon and it's FANTASTIC! I'd tell anyone who's looking for a tablet to buy the Kindle 7" or 8.9." It's that great! I love HSN but I wish they'd be more competitive. I guess people are paying for the flex pay. :smileysad:

HSN isn't going to be competitive on price for items like these because they are so popular. Why would Amazon allow HSN to undercut them if the item is moving well? The only advantage to ordering from HSN is the flex pay. I bought Dr. Dre Beats on HSN, and they were the same price as the stores, but I could get flex pay. They came in two days, too, which I thought was really good. =d>
UglyBride | New Friend | 01.04.2013 7:59 AM
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 32GB on ebay only cost 187.5USD. More impressive!
monica2000 | Admirer 1 | 12.15.2012 8:21 PM
They replied to this when they were selling the IPad. The hostess said they know its more but this is a deal for those who want flex-pay and with the IPad you got alot of other stuff too.

BTW, Amazon gives you only the USB charger too, no Kindle comes with the electric charger. Amazon charges $19.99 for the electric charger but I believe if you purchase their electric charger at the same time you purchase the Kindle they charge half price at checkout so check that out because it comes and goes. Sometimes they charge only $10 and other times you have to pay the entire $20.

p.s. Some Amazon customers say they use their IPad charger for the Kindle and it works just fine.
CatLover57 | Admirer | 12.15.2012 3:12 PM
I believe the one offered at HSN comes only with a charger that has to be charged via a USB port?

If I was planning to get one, I'd go to Amazon and buy it there and add in the fast charger, which sells for $9.99. Still cheaper than HSN.

But like I said in another thread, if you can't afford to pay $250 right now at Amazon, then this is a deal with the flex pay, even if you are in a sense paying $50 more for the convenience to HSN.

Tinah57 | New Friend | 12.15.2012 2:39 PM
I don't see the deal here. When I saw the price, my first thought was that HSN was including extras. I don't think so. Spending an extra $50 for this device makes no sense. With tax, my total at HSN would be $321.70. I would only have to pay $274.30 at Amazon. The HSN flex pay option is enticing, but like I said...it makes no $ense.
I don't know what HSN was thinking, but it seems to be working.
PKERSTER | New Friend | 12.15.2012 9:18 AM
I don't get this either! And in the pictures online, one of them is of an eink Kindle. They did this for the last Fire TS as well.
I haven't seen the presentation this time yet, but last time, they were showing a free GPS app, and how you can use that in place of your GPS - but the device doesn't have 3G or 4G, so unless you travel with wireless, it isn't even usable.
I am very disappointed in how they are handling these devices.
bdbettyb | Admirer | 12.15.2012 2:27 AM
I agree! A total rip! I purchased the Kindle 8.9 HD 64g from Amazon and it's FANTASTIC! I'd tell anyone who's looking for a tablet to buy the Kindle 7" or 8.9." It's that great! I love HSN but I wish they'd be more competitive. I guess people are paying for the flex pay. :smileysad:
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
AnnieKpf

Kindle Fire HD 32 GB

The same Kindle Fire HD 32 gb is $249.00 at Staples....free shipping amd is on Amazon for $249.00 so why is it $299.00 on HSN? So all the stuff that's supposedly 'free' that comes with it is costing people $50.00.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
bdbettyb

RE: Kindle Fire HD 32 GB

Please use plain text.
New Friend
PKERSTER

I don't get this either! And in the pictures online, one of them is of an eink Kindle. They did this for the last Fire TS as well.
I haven't seen the presentation this time yet, but last time, they were showing a free GPS app, and how you can use that in place of your GPS - but the device doesn't have 3G or 4G, so unless you travel with wireless, it isn't even usable.
I am very disappointed in how they are handling these devices.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Tinah57

I don't see the deal here. When I saw the price, my first thought was that HSN was including extras. I don't think so. Spending an extra $50 for this device makes no sense. With tax, my total at HSN would be $321.70. I would only have to pay $274.30 at Amazon. The HSN flex pay option is enticing, but like I said...it makes no $ense.
I don't know what HSN was thinking, but it seems to be working.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
CatLover57

I believe the one offered at HSN comes only with a charger that has to be charged via a USB port?

If I was planning to get one, I'd go to Amazon and buy it there and add in the fast charger, which sells for $9.99. Still cheaper than HSN.

But like I said in another thread, if you can't afford to pay $250 right now at Amazon, then this is a deal with the flex pay, even if you are in a sense paying $50 more for the convenience to HSN.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
monica2000

They replied to this when they were selling the IPad. The hostess said they know its more but this is a deal for those who want flex-pay and with the IPad you got alot of other stuff too.

BTW, Amazon gives you only the USB charger too, no Kindle comes with the electric charger. Amazon charges $19.99 for the electric charger but I believe if you purchase their electric charger at the same time you purchase the Kindle they charge half price at checkout so check that out because it comes and goes. Sometimes they charge only $10 and other times you have to pay the entire $20.

p.s. Some Amazon customers say they use their IPad charger for the Kindle and it works just fine.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
UglyBride

Amazon Kindle Fire HD 32GB on ebay only cost 187.5USD. More impressive!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Tillie123

HSN isn't going to be competitive on price for items like these because they are so popular. Why would Amazon allow HSN to undercut them if the item is moving well? The only advantage to ordering from HSN is the flex pay. I bought Dr. Dre Beats on HSN, and they were the same price as the stores, but I could get flex pay. They came in two days, too, which I thought was really good. =d>
Please use plain text.
New Friend
scorpio1973

Have to agree with what others have said here. People are paying more for the FlexPay option. A lot of the time the extras don't warrant the extra cost. Don't even get me started on how ridiculously overpriced iPads are here. For the most part HSN does offer good deals (my Dyson Heater/Fan was $120 off retail), but not on popular, brand name electronics.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
8 Replies
12.15.2012 2:20 AM
0 Smiles
9 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...