disappointed1 | New Friend | 02.05.2009 2:43 PM
I bought an esteban guitar from hsn.It is the worst guitar I have ever played.I have played guitar now for about 25 to 30 years and it is the worst guitar i have ever played bar none.DON"T buy these products from this company.go on Ebay if you want a good guitar if you are a beginner, which was the big selling point of this one,and you started on this (the eldorado series junk)you would never want to play guitar.it's sucks.the lessons suck everything is bad so again don't buy these products.I will never buy anything from HSN again because of this.I feel very cheated from these people.I even took this guitar to an expert in making guitars and he said there is no hope for this.it won't tune, the strings sit about a quarter inch from the neck and you can't adjust it out.NEVER BUY ESTEBAN PRODUCTS
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
WATERGEN | Admirer 2 | 02.06.2009 1:40 PM
Esteban guitars are the very first thing I posted about on HSN's forums. That was probably around seven or eight years ago. They were trash then, and apparently they haven't changed.

Back then, the guitars were knock-offs of Martins. They had the same problems that the OP encountered. When the Esteban ad says, "All wood," they don't mean solid wood. They mean plywood, and the resonance that you get with solid wood guitars is lost. The strings are the cheapest available, the tuner machines are chrome plated junk, and the neck flex is unbelievable. The strings are so high off the frets that you can put your little finger through, that is, if they aren't already shredded by trying to fret the strings.

Disappointed, send your purchase back to HSN. If you package it up well, the Post Office will send it back free as unopened. In my case, HSN credited my shipping costs, but I don't know if they do that any longer. WARNING TO OTHERS: BUY AN ESTEBAN GUITAR AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I can recommend a great site for ordering quality guitars at very reasonable prices (lower than Esteban's), and I'm talking Fenders, Yamahas, Washburns, etc., all great brand names. Go to zZounds with usual wraps. On the left of the home page, click on "acoustical guitars," then, on the new page, left side, click on the guitar type of interest, or click on "show all acoustic guitars." Prices range from the low hundreds ($129) to thousands, depending on what you're looking for. You can also buy guitar sets, with extra strings, straps, cases, etc. If you're just starting out, invest in a good guitar (not expensive), a guitar stand, and then add stuff later as you need it. If you buy sets, you're putting money into things you may not want, need, or use, and the guitar is cheaper to make up the cost of the set.

If you want a great guitar, go to Zager.{you know what}.

Denny Zager retired last year and I believe his guitars are no longer available. (Except maybe eBay?) They were the greatest. If you go to his site, you'll see that all his guitars are marked as sold out.
Oh no, that makes me sad for people who might have wanted one. I'm glad I got mine.
devia | Inspirer 1 | 02.05.2009 6:14 PM
thank you papa for your information also...
PapaToU | Admirer 2 | 02.05.2009 5:41 PM
Esteban guitars are the very first thing I posted about on HSN's forums. That was probably around seven or eight years ago. They were trash then, and apparently they haven't changed.

Back then, the guitars were knock-offs of Martins. They had the same problems that the OP encountered. When the Esteban ad says, "All wood," they don't mean solid wood. They mean plywood, and the resonance that you get with solid wood guitars is lost. The strings are the cheapest available, the tuner machines are chrome plated junk, and the neck flex is unbelievable. The strings are so high off the frets that you can put your little finger through, that is, if they aren't already shredded by trying to fret the strings.

Disappointed, send your purchase back to HSN. If you package it up well, the Post Office will send it back free as unopened. In my case, HSN credited my shipping costs, but I don't know if they do that any longer. WARNING TO OTHERS: BUY AN ESTEBAN GUITAR AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I can recommend a great site for ordering quality guitars at very reasonable prices (lower than Esteban's), and I'm talking Fenders, Yamahas, Washburns, etc., all great brand names. Go to zZounds with usual wraps. On the left of the home page, click on "acoustical guitars," then, on the new page, left side, click on the guitar type of interest, or click on "show all acoustic guitars." Prices range from the low hundreds ($129) to thousands, depending on what you're looking for. You can also buy guitar sets, with extra strings, straps, cases, etc. If you're just starting out, invest in a good guitar (not expensive), a guitar stand, and then add stuff later as you need it. If you buy sets, you're putting money into things you may not want, need, or use, and the guitar is cheaper to make up the cost of the set.

Denny Zager retired last year and I believe his guitars are no longer available. (Except maybe eBay?) They were the greatest. If you go to his site, you'll see that all his guitars are marked as sold out.
devia | Inspirer 1 | 02.05.2009 4:27 PM
yes water you sound like my hubby....
WATERGEN | Admirer 2 | 02.05.2009 4:21 PM
I used to be in a band too. I wouldn't get these HSN guitars even for a beginner. If it's difficult to play, they would give up.
devia | Inspirer 1 | 02.05.2009 4:09 PM
my hubby ordered one and it is hard for him to play it as the strings are to close together,and anyone with bigger fingers would have trouble pushing the strings down..my hubby use to play in a band years ago,and now just plays here at home to relax...he has other guitars,also...but he was disappointed in this one..
WATERGEN | Admirer 2 | 02.05.2009 3:27 PM
If you want a great guitar, go to Zager.{you know what}. This is Denny Zager who years ago put out the song {In the Year 2525.} I have the black one that he makes himself. What he does is lower the string action which makes it easier to play. This is a top quality guitar. You won't be sorry. I got mine a year ago for Christmas. He even has online tutorials for those that want it. Mine has a built in tuner.
jbarrie | Admirer 2 | 02.05.2009 3:20 PM
I would never buy anything Shannon endorses. She's usually on with him. I switch the channel.
LEATHER | Inspirer 1 | 02.05.2009 2:55 PM
Learned my lesson years ago, the one I received the strings were nylon and in no way tight. Could not get it in tune. The sound was tinny and horrible. The frets looked like they were colored on with crayons. It could I guess have been a pre schoolers guitar but I think even the play ones for tots are better made.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
disappointed1

esteban guitars

I bought an esteban guitar from hsn.It is the worst guitar I have ever played.I have played guitar now for about 25 to 30 years and it is the worst guitar i have ever played bar none.DON"T buy these products from this company.go on Ebay if you want a good guitar if you are a beginner, which was the big selling point of this one,and you started on this (the eldorado series junk)you would never want to play guitar.it's sucks.the lessons suck everything is bad so again don't buy these products.I will never buy anything from HSN again because of this.I feel very cheated from these people.I even took this guitar to an expert in making guitars and he said there is no hope for this.it won't tune, the strings sit about a quarter inch from the neck and you can't adjust it out.NEVER BUY ESTEBAN PRODUCTS
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
LEATHER

RE: esteban guitars

Learned my lesson years ago, the one I received the strings were nylon and in no way tight. Could not get it in tune. The sound was tinny and horrible. The frets looked like they were colored on with crayons. It could I guess have been a pre schoolers guitar but I think even the play ones for tots are better made.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jbarrie

I would never buy anything Shannon endorses. She's usually on with him. I switch the channel.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WATERGEN

If you want a great guitar, go to Zager.{you know what}. This is Denny Zager who years ago put out the song {In the Year 2525.} I have the black one that he makes himself. What he does is lower the string action which makes it easier to play. This is a top quality guitar. You won't be sorry. I got mine a year ago for Christmas. He even has online tutorials for those that want it. Mine has a built in tuner.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
devia

my hubby ordered one and it is hard for him to play it as the strings are to close together,and anyone with bigger fingers would have trouble pushing the strings down..my hubby use to play in a band years ago,and now just plays here at home to relax...he has other guitars,also...but he was disappointed in this one..
"smile it's free"!!! "gotta -love-it" !!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WATERGEN

I used to be in a band too. I wouldn't get these HSN guitars even for a beginner. If it's difficult to play, they would give up.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
devia

yes water you sound like my hubby....
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
PapaToU

Trust - but verify!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
devia

thank you papa for your information also...
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WATERGEN

Oh no, that makes me sad for people who might have wanted one. I'm glad I got mine.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
9 Replies
02.05.2009 2:43 PM
0 Smiles
6 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...