mourningtrees | New Friend | 02.23.2011 2:06 AM
I've ordered a lot from HSN :d/ and my pkgs. usually come by UPS. But the last 2 orders have been sent through UPS, only to be delivered to the Post Office, to then be delivered to me. It's added at least 2 extra days wait on this order when UPS couldn't deliver to post office due to Pres. Day. ](*,) I could have had it Monday and now I MIGHT get it Wednesday as post office says 1 - 2 days to deliver it. I get UPS in here all the time from HSN and many others, so why are my packages being re-routed through to the USPS? :-k Thanks
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
tbenton7 | Admirer | 03.09.2011 5:46 PM
I track all my HSN and QVC shipments on line and wondered what was going on until I found out about UPS basic. Its kind of a partnership and since the USPS seems to be going broke due to on line bill pay and so much being shipped by UPS and FedX maybe this is a win win. The package starts its journey via the faster UPS who gets the package where its going so they get paid then the USPS gets paid so seems a good thing all around. I do feel badly for those who have to wait for the delay in delivery. I know how excited I get waiting for my 'pretties' to arrive.

I guess I am lucky on several fronts. I live physically between QVC shipping locations and HSN locations so things get here really fast. With UPS Basic I get my orders one day after UPS gets it to the PO and it does not come via my mail carrier with my regular mail. Its delivered to my door by a USPS truck that does nothing but deliver packages. I am thankful that I live where any service can very safely leave a package at my door if I am not home and sometimes I leave a signed note on the door giving them permission but its not usually necessary. I get a lot of deliveries and the drivers know me. I hate having to pick things up at the PO. And No...the packages are not so big that the carrier could not handle them but it frees him up to deliver the mail. In my eyes this gives more employees work.

I can also assure you that the companies that are now using this method would be charging us more over time if they did not do it this way. I can wait a day or two longer to save a few dollars on each delivery. HSN used to deliver most jewelry via the USPS and it seemed to take forever so the UPS>USPS works better. Just got an HSN package with 3 jewelry items all in one box (imagine that) and it shipped three days ago. Before the change I would have gotten three separate boxes via the USPS so there is more savings doing it that way.

I am trying to think about the cost savings and the 'green' savings and trying to be a bit more patient which trust me.....IS NOT LIKE ME.

TB
LOTSOFDOLLS | Admirer 3 | 02.25.2011 2:55 AM
Q~V~C is doing the same thing. It happen to me this week. I had to wait a couple of extra days before getting my package. #-o ](*,)
seacitylady | Admirer 3 | 02.24.2011 10:22 PM
I am never home when the postman delivers & have only a small box as I live in a condo. If it doesn't fit in the box it does not get delivered. It is very inconvenient to go to the PO as it is always crowded & parking is bad. The UPS driver knows the deal & that my neighbor will take delivery. UPS delivery is why I mainly order from HSN instead of QVC which has been doing the PO delivery deal for some time. It is even worse if items are being returned via the PO as that holds up the refund & gets to use my money on the "float" for more time. As it is the shipping is already very high, especially for small light items.
2broke2shop | New Friend | 02.24.2011 5:59 PM
Well, today is the 8th day that I have not received my package from the post office!!!! Of course, I called again and was told "it will be delivered shortly". We shall see. In reference to other posts, I don't care who is saving money on this, if I am paying high shipping charges, the package should be delivered by UPS. The item was ordered on 2/08!!!!......today is the 24th! This may be it for me with HSN!
mourningtrees | New Friend | 02.24.2011 12:51 PM
Thanks for some insight on this. I figured it was something like that. Ah, so, this is why our returns may now be given to UPS or USPS, when I used to have to drive to a UPS drop-off center. I guess that's a plus in this situation. I still don't like my pkgs. being put in another carriers hands though.
zannapatina | Admirer 1 | 02.23.2011 11:27 PM
This is a new service called UPS Basic, and UPS is using a postal discount program called Parcel Select where large loads of packages are dropped off at the local post office for the mailman to deliver. This costs UPS less than delivering the packages and they pocket the savings because they presort and give the post office what they can't make money on. We the customers lose because we have to wait an extra couple of days for our packages. The post office loses also (my son is a mailman). We have no recourse unless we pay for upgraded shipping. I'm ready to stop ordering from HSN because of this.
mourningtrees | New Friend | 02.23.2011 3:11 PM
Good golly! 7 days at post office! I would be so aggravated. I don't blame you for refusing to pick it up, you shouldn't have to. I did get my package today. This order went the whole 10 days to get. It's unusual for HSN to take so long from my experience with them. I just don't understand why they are doing this unless it saves them money somehow. I sure would like to know why, because I don't like my orders going through 2 carriers.[-x Then I have 2 companies to babysit. I hope your order arrives soon.
2broke2shop | New Friend | 02.23.2011 2:10 PM
This has been happening to me also. A customer pays for UPS and package ends up at post office. The real killer is that the UPS truck is on my street almost daily. In fact, UPS delivered a package to me today and one from HSN went to the post office. Makes no sense whatsover! A one or two day wait isn't bad .... I have one sitting at the post office for 7 days TODAY! All I get is that it will be delivered. I will not go and pick it up. This is really annoying! ](*,) ](*,)
Inkpenooo | Advisor 1 | 06.18.2014 10:05 PM

2broke2shop,

Too funny, this happen to me too!!! I bet the UPS guy was really confused here, I got a package from another site and the neighbors across the way got their package, but I tracked the one coming from HSN and it went to the Post Office a block away and it sat there for a couple more days, I even called to try and see if the Post Office had it, they didn't know...no scan for it at that time. TOO FUNNY!!

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
mourningtrees

Why is HSN shipping my pkgs. UPS then to USPS?

I've ordered a lot from HSN :d/ and my pkgs. usually come by UPS. But the last 2 orders have been sent through UPS, only to be delivered to the Post Office, to then be delivered to me. It's added at least 2 extra days wait on this order when UPS couldn't deliver to post office due to Pres. Day. ](*,) I could have had it Monday and now I MIGHT get it Wednesday as post office says 1 - 2 days to deliver it. I get UPS in here all the time from HSN and many others, so why are my packages being re-routed through to the USPS? :-k Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Friend
2broke2shop

RE: Why is HSN shipping my pkgs. UPS then to USPS?

This has been happening to me also. A customer pays for UPS and package ends up at post office. The real killer is that the UPS truck is on my street almost daily. In fact, UPS delivered a package to me today and one from HSN went to the post office. Makes no sense whatsover! A one or two day wait isn't bad .... I have one sitting at the post office for 7 days TODAY! All I get is that it will be delivered. I will not go and pick it up. This is really annoying! ](*,) ](*,)
Please use plain text.
New Friend
mourningtrees

Good golly! 7 days at post office! I would be so aggravated. I don't blame you for refusing to pick it up, you shouldn't have to. I did get my package today. This order went the whole 10 days to get. It's unusual for HSN to take so long from my experience with them. I just don't understand why they are doing this unless it saves them money somehow. I sure would like to know why, because I don't like my orders going through 2 carriers.[-x Then I have 2 companies to babysit. I hope your order arrives soon.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
zannapatina

This is a new service called UPS Basic, and UPS is using a postal discount program called Parcel Select where large loads of packages are dropped off at the local post office for the mailman to deliver. This costs UPS less than delivering the packages and they pocket the savings because they presort and give the post office what they can't make money on. We the customers lose because we have to wait an extra couple of days for our packages. The post office loses also (my son is a mailman). We have no recourse unless we pay for upgraded shipping. I'm ready to stop ordering from HSN because of this.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
mourningtrees

Thanks for some insight on this. I figured it was something like that. Ah, so, this is why our returns may now be given to UPS or USPS, when I used to have to drive to a UPS drop-off center. I guess that's a plus in this situation. I still don't like my pkgs. being put in another carriers hands though.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
2broke2shop

Well, today is the 8th day that I have not received my package from the post office!!!! Of course, I called again and was told "it will be delivered shortly". We shall see. In reference to other posts, I don't care who is saving money on this, if I am paying high shipping charges, the package should be delivered by UPS. The item was ordered on 2/08!!!!......today is the 24th! This may be it for me with HSN!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
seacitylady

I am never home when the postman delivers & have only a small box as I live in a condo. If it doesn't fit in the box it does not get delivered. It is very inconvenient to go to the PO as it is always crowded & parking is bad. The UPS driver knows the deal & that my neighbor will take delivery. UPS delivery is why I mainly order from HSN instead of QVC which has been doing the PO delivery deal for some time. It is even worse if items are being returned via the PO as that holds up the refund & gets to use my money on the "float" for more time. As it is the shipping is already very high, especially for small light items.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
LOTSOFDOLLS

Q~V~C is doing the same thing. It happen to me this week. I had to wait a couple of extra days before getting my package. #-o ](*,)
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more...than he loves himself." ~ Josh Billings
Please use plain text.
Admirer
tbenton7

I track all my HSN and QVC shipments on line and wondered what was going on until I found out about UPS basic. Its kind of a partnership and since the USPS seems to be going broke due to on line bill pay and so much being shipped by UPS and FedX maybe this is a win win. The package starts its journey via the faster UPS who gets the package where its going so they get paid then the USPS gets paid so seems a good thing all around. I do feel badly for those who have to wait for the delay in delivery. I know how excited I get waiting for my 'pretties' to arrive.

I guess I am lucky on several fronts. I live physically between QVC shipping locations and HSN locations so things get here really fast. With UPS Basic I get my orders one day after UPS gets it to the PO and it does not come via my mail carrier with my regular mail. Its delivered to my door by a USPS truck that does nothing but deliver packages. I am thankful that I live where any service can very safely leave a package at my door if I am not home and sometimes I leave a signed note on the door giving them permission but its not usually necessary. I get a lot of deliveries and the drivers know me. I hate having to pick things up at the PO. And No...the packages are not so big that the carrier could not handle them but it frees him up to deliver the mail. In my eyes this gives more employees work.

I can also assure you that the companies that are now using this method would be charging us more over time if they did not do it this way. I can wait a day or two longer to save a few dollars on each delivery. HSN used to deliver most jewelry via the USPS and it seemed to take forever so the UPS>USPS works better. Just got an HSN package with 3 jewelry items all in one box (imagine that) and it shipped three days ago. Before the change I would have gotten three separate boxes via the USPS so there is more savings doing it that way.

I am trying to think about the cost savings and the 'green' savings and trying to be a bit more patient which trust me.....IS NOT LIKE ME.

TB
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
AQUAFINA

Another reason this method was implemented was because sometimes UPS delivers very small packages or items call "flats." They are not allowed to put such items inside the mailbox. In order to avoid this problem, they partnered with USPS.

If you track your items, you may notice that your UPS was delivered to a Post Office (PO). The PO sorts out that mail and gets it ready for the carrier to deliver. Customers cannot bring in their UPS slip and expect for the PO to find their packages via UPS tracking. The PO and the UPS use different tracking numbers. So don't try it :smileyhappy:

Also, don't try to mail packages at the PO using a UPS label. Just because UPS delivers packages to the USPS, the USPS doesn't deliver to UPS.

Isn't CHANGE grand #-o

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
58 Replies
02.23.2011 2:06 AM
0 Smiles
30+ in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...