Lindascoffee | Advisor 3 | 09.06.2012 8:59 PM
Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health. In medical journals and most MD.'s will tell you that carbonated soft drinks are one of the main reasons for Kidney stones and kidney tissue damage. Of course, this is a cute mechanical new toy to play around with, but the consequences of using such a machine ..is it worth your health in the long run????
...."Researches clearly demonstrated that large quantities of cola result in enhanced kidney stone formation16-17. If you're wondering exactly how soft drinks cause kidney stones, it's because of their acidity and radical mineral imbalances. Your body must buffer the acidity of soft drinks with calcium from your own bones. As this calcium is eliminated through your urine, it slowly forms kidney stones."

Even more frightening is the rate of young children are given this toxic drink(sodas) instead of drinking calicum fortified milk products...milk that is need for growing bones and organs in their little bodies. Sodas take the calicum out of the bones. Go on the internet and research this information and you might be surprised at what you find. I gave up sodas and soft drinks years ago and gave milk to drink to my children instead of sodas, pop and such.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
DrDinTN | Inspirer 1 | 3 weeks ago

Did you read that the regular sodas have ACESULFAME in them!! The "sister of ASPARTAME"? TOXIC!

I can see using one IF you made up your own mixture that YOU know is healthy!

czechers | Admirer 3 | a month ago
And for two years I have loved my soda stream, and gone from a 12 pack of soda every 3 days to maybe a liter of carbonated cranberry juice or fizzy cherry kool aid once a week.
Boom.
Cindy819 | Maven 3 | a month ago

That's wonderful and what a great POSITIVE post to this negative thread. Good for you!!!!! :smileyhappy:

Cindy819 | Maven 3 | 10.25.2014 4:37 PM

This original thread is over 2 years old......:smileyfrustrated:

kemiqueen | Inspirer 1 | 10.25.2014 4:24 PM
Good thing I don't like pop (That's what we call it in Ohio).
DrDinTN | Inspirer 1 | 10.25.2014 2:08 PM

OOPS, guess I had posted this twice. It's been a while, but since no one seems to be bothered by that... or the reason people are lactose intolerant, I am wasting my time, anyway.

DrDinTN | Inspirer 1 | 10.25.2014 2:06 PM

Also... IF you look at the ingredients in the "REGULAR" SODAS, they have ACESULFAME in them, which is the "SISTER" of ASPARTAME, WHICH IS VERY TOXIC.

And for all of you who use NUTRISWEET, which is ASPARTAME, you are "poisoning" yourselves! It has been shown to cause many diseases & sodas left in high heat becomes FORMALDAHYDE! Great for our soldiers, right!

They should be CLEAR as to the fact that the NON-DIET drinks also have the toxic ingredient in it. Many things do. They are able to "FOOL THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT ACESULFAME IS"!

DrDinTN | Inspirer 1 | 10.01.2014 5:03 AM

And... I bet only a FEW of you have read the labels on the NON-DIET drinks which have ACESULFAME in them.

ACESULFAME is a "sister" to ASPARTAME-----> MAJOR TOXIN, TURNS INTO FORMALDEHYDE, CAUSES MANY "DISEASES", BESIDES POISONING US!

angelout | Inspirer 2 | 09.20.2012 5:30 AM
wow, what about carbonated water, like Perrier? Very interested in this subject.
monica2000 | Admirer 1 | 09.18.2012 5:12 PM
Yeah, and cows milk is suppose to be just for a cow's calf. It was not made for human consumption but why let a little thing like that stop us from giving it to our babies and kids? I bought the soda maker because I have for the most part given up soda but when those every now and then times I crave soda, I can make as little or as much as I want.
massha | Maven 1 | 10.25.2014 2:16 PM

The rhetoric of "cow's milk was not made for humans" is getting a bit old. first of all, let's face it, NOTHING was made for humans. We just sorta evolved to be able to eat stuff. Second, we did develop the ability to digest milk - that was, to the best of my knowledge, one of the last big mutations. 

Regarding pasteurized vs not - if I understand correctly, it is the presence of the right BACTERIA in our guts that helps us digest milk, in whatever shape. Lactose intolerant people do not have the right bacteria, and that  can actually be fixed. 

I have to say, living in one of the very few - if not the only- state that allows raw milk for sale, I still have not been able to force myself to try it. Where I am from, raw milk had all sorts of bugs that caused illness.

DrDinTN | Inspirer 1 | 10.01.2014 5:10 AM

Wishing that I was VEGAN... But FYI, I keep hearing that "Cow's milk is for calves, not humans"....

The reason that PEOPLE are "LACTOSE INTOLERANT" is because "Cow's Milk" has been PASTEURIZED!!!

Any time that you heat "food" above ~108 degrees, the enzymes... in this case, LACTASE, is destroyed & so the enzyme which breaks down the LACTOSE IN MILK HAS BEEN DESTROYED.

In the past, people had NO problems drinking fresh, UNPASTEURIZED MILK RIGHT FROM THE COW... 

And they TREATED THEIR COWS LIKE THEY WERE "FAMILY", HUMANELY!

missym13 | Admirer 3 | 09.08.2012 10:27 AM
To your comment:
"Even more frightening is the rate of young children are given this toxic drink(sodas) instead of drinking calicum fortified milk products...milk that is need for growing bones and organs in their little bodies. Sodas take the calicum out of the bones."

As human beings we don't need milk after we breast feed as babies?
It does more harm than good.Research that.
As far as soda being no benefit to us...neither is ice cream sundaes(sugar) ,cheeseburgers(fat),bread (preservatives).

Maybe if people are choosing to drink soda ,the soda stream could do one or two things. Either people will choose to make a lower calorie or healthy version. Or the other way,have it be so convenient that they wind up drinking MORE soda.

I get that it isn't good for us,I personally drink soda only when I indulge in pizza!
But we can make an argument for any and everything having a downside especially when it comes to food. Bottom line I do agree soda isn't a health drink..moderation is the key to living!!
deviee | Admirer 3 | 09.06.2012 11:22 PM
I understand these our HEALTHER !!! than the regular sodas !!! an you will know what is in them...thanks...
:d/
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Advisor 3
Lindascoffee

Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health.

Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health. In medical journals and most MD.'s will tell you that carbonated soft drinks are one of the main reasons for Kidney stones and kidney tissue damage. Of course, this is a cute mechanical new toy to play around with, but the consequences of using such a machine ..is it worth your health in the long run????
...."Researches clearly demonstrated that large quantities of cola result in enhanced kidney stone formation16-17. If you're wondering exactly how soft drinks cause kidney stones, it's because of their acidity and radical mineral imbalances. Your body must buffer the acidity of soft drinks with calcium from your own bones. As this calcium is eliminated through your urine, it slowly forms kidney stones."

Even more frightening is the rate of young children are given this toxic drink(sodas) instead of drinking calicum fortified milk products...milk that is need for growing bones and organs in their little bodies. Sodas take the calicum out of the bones. Go on the internet and research this information and you might be surprised at what you find. I gave up sodas and soft drinks years ago and gave milk to drink to my children instead of sodas, pop and such.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
deviee

RE: Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health.

I understand these our HEALTHER !!! than the regular sodas !!! an you will know what is in them...thanks...
:d/
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
missym13

RE: Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health.

To your comment:
"Even more frightening is the rate of young children are given this toxic drink(sodas) instead of drinking calicum fortified milk products...milk that is need for growing bones and organs in their little bodies. Sodas take the calicum out of the bones."

As human beings we don't need milk after we breast feed as babies?
It does more harm than good.Research that.
As far as soda being no benefit to us...neither is ice cream sundaes(sugar) ,cheeseburgers(fat),bread (preservatives).

Maybe if people are choosing to drink soda ,the soda stream could do one or two things. Either people will choose to make a lower calorie or healthy version. Or the other way,have it be so convenient that they wind up drinking MORE soda.

I get that it isn't good for us,I personally drink soda only when I indulge in pizza!
But we can make an argument for any and everything having a downside especially when it comes to food. Bottom line I do agree soda isn't a health drink..moderation is the key to living!!
Find your light....and SHINE in it !
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
monica2000

Yeah, and cows milk is suppose to be just for a cow's calf. It was not made for human consumption but why let a little thing like that stop us from giving it to our babies and kids? I bought the soda maker because I have for the most part given up soda but when those every now and then times I crave soda, I can make as little or as much as I want.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
angelout

wow, what about carbonated water, like Perrier? Very interested in this subject.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
DrDinTN

Re: Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the

And... I bet only a FEW of you have read the labels on the NON-DIET drinks which have ACESULFAME in them.

ACESULFAME is a "sister" to ASPARTAME-----> MAJOR TOXIN, TURNS INTO FORMALDEHYDE, CAUSES MANY "DISEASES", BESIDES POISONING US!

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
DrDinTN

Re: RE: Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be

Wishing that I was VEGAN... But FYI, I keep hearing that "Cow's milk is for calves, not humans"....

The reason that PEOPLE are "LACTOSE INTOLERANT" is because "Cow's Milk" has been PASTEURIZED!!!

Any time that you heat "food" above ~108 degrees, the enzymes... in this case, LACTASE, is destroyed & so the enzyme which breaks down the LACTOSE IN MILK HAS BEEN DESTROYED.

In the past, people had NO problems drinking fresh, UNPASTEURIZED MILK RIGHT FROM THE COW... 

And they TREATED THEIR COWS LIKE THEY WERE "FAMILY", HUMANELY!

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
DrDinTN

Re: Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the

Also... IF you look at the ingredients in the "REGULAR" SODAS, they have ACESULFAME in them, which is the "SISTER" of ASPARTAME, WHICH IS VERY TOXIC.

And for all of you who use NUTRISWEET, which is ASPARTAME, you are "poisoning" yourselves! It has been shown to cause many diseases & sodas left in high heat becomes FORMALDAHYDE! Great for our soldiers, right!

They should be CLEAR as to the fact that the NON-DIET drinks also have the toxic ingredient in it. Many things do. They are able to "FOOL THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT ACESULFAME IS"!

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
DrDinTN

OOPS, guess I had posted this twice. It's been a while, but since no one seems to be bothered by that... or the reason people are lactose intolerant, I am wasting my time, anyway.

Please use plain text.
Maven 1
massha

Re: RE: Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be

The rhetoric of "cow's milk was not made for humans" is getting a bit old. first of all, let's face it, NOTHING was made for humans. We just sorta evolved to be able to eat stuff. Second, we did develop the ability to digest milk - that was, to the best of my knowledge, one of the last big mutations. 

Regarding pasteurized vs not - if I understand correctly, it is the presence of the right BACTERIA in our guts that helps us digest milk, in whatever shape. Lactose intolerant people do not have the right bacteria, and that  can actually be fixed. 

I have to say, living in one of the very few - if not the only- state that allows raw milk for sale, I still have not been able to force myself to try it. Where I am from, raw milk had all sorts of bugs that caused illness.

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
14 Replies
09.06.2012 8:59 PM
0 Smiles
10 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...