Lindascoffee | Advisor 3 | 09.06.2012 8:59 PM
Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health. In medical journals and most MD.'s will tell you that carbonated soft drinks are one of the main reasons for Kidney stones and kidney tissue damage. Of course, this is a cute mechanical new toy to play around with, but the consequences of using such a machine ..is it worth your health in the long run????
...."Researches clearly demonstrated that large quantities of cola result in enhanced kidney stone formation16-17. If you're wondering exactly how soft drinks cause kidney stones, it's because of their acidity and radical mineral imbalances. Your body must buffer the acidity of soft drinks with calcium from your own bones. As this calcium is eliminated through your urine, it slowly forms kidney stones."

Even more frightening is the rate of young children are given this toxic drink(sodas) instead of drinking calicum fortified milk products...milk that is need for growing bones and organs in their little bodies. Sodas take the calicum out of the bones. Go on the internet and research this information and you might be surprised at what you find. I gave up sodas and soft drinks years ago and gave milk to drink to my children instead of sodas, pop and such.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
angelout | Inspirer 2 | 09.20.2012 5:30 AM
wow, what about carbonated water, like Perrier? Very interested in this subject.
monica2000 | Admirer 1 | 09.18.2012 5:12 PM
Yeah, and cows milk is suppose to be just for a cow's calf. It was not made for human consumption but why let a little thing like that stop us from giving it to our babies and kids? I bought the soda maker because I have for the most part given up soda but when those every now and then times I crave soda, I can make as little or as much as I want.
missym13 | Admirer 3 | 09.08.2012 10:27 AM
To your comment:
"Even more frightening is the rate of young children are given this toxic drink(sodas) instead of drinking calicum fortified milk products...milk that is need for growing bones and organs in their little bodies. Sodas take the calicum out of the bones."

As human beings we don't need milk after we breast feed as babies?
It does more harm than good.Research that.
As far as soda being no benefit to us...neither is ice cream sundaes(sugar) ,cheeseburgers(fat),bread (preservatives).

Maybe if people are choosing to drink soda ,the soda stream could do one or two things. Either people will choose to make a lower calorie or healthy version. Or the other way,have it be so convenient that they wind up drinking MORE soda.

I get that it isn't good for us,I personally drink soda only when I indulge in pizza!
But we can make an argument for any and everything having a downside especially when it comes to food. Bottom line I do agree soda isn't a health drink..moderation is the key to living!!
deviee | Admirer 3 | 09.06.2012 11:22 PM
I understand these our HEALTHER !!! than the regular sodas !!! an you will know what is in them...thanks...
:d/
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Advisor 3
Lindascoffee

Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health.

Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health. In medical journals and most MD.'s will tell you that carbonated soft drinks are one of the main reasons for Kidney stones and kidney tissue damage. Of course, this is a cute mechanical new toy to play around with, but the consequences of using such a machine ..is it worth your health in the long run????
...."Researches clearly demonstrated that large quantities of cola result in enhanced kidney stone formation16-17. If you're wondering exactly how soft drinks cause kidney stones, it's because of their acidity and radical mineral imbalances. Your body must buffer the acidity of soft drinks with calcium from your own bones. As this calcium is eliminated through your urine, it slowly forms kidney stones."

Even more frightening is the rate of young children are given this toxic drink(sodas) instead of drinking calicum fortified milk products...milk that is need for growing bones and organs in their little bodies. Sodas take the calicum out of the bones. Go on the internet and research this information and you might be surprised at what you find. I gave up sodas and soft drinks years ago and gave milk to drink to my children instead of sodas, pop and such.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
deviee

RE: Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health.

I understand these our HEALTHER !!! than the regular sodas !!! an you will know what is in them...thanks...
:d/
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
missym13

RE: Today's Special Value for the Soda Stream Fountain Jet Complete Soda Maker Kit...may not be the best for your health.

To your comment:
"Even more frightening is the rate of young children are given this toxic drink(sodas) instead of drinking calicum fortified milk products...milk that is need for growing bones and organs in their little bodies. Sodas take the calicum out of the bones."

As human beings we don't need milk after we breast feed as babies?
It does more harm than good.Research that.
As far as soda being no benefit to us...neither is ice cream sundaes(sugar) ,cheeseburgers(fat),bread (preservatives).

Maybe if people are choosing to drink soda ,the soda stream could do one or two things. Either people will choose to make a lower calorie or healthy version. Or the other way,have it be so convenient that they wind up drinking MORE soda.

I get that it isn't good for us,I personally drink soda only when I indulge in pizza!
But we can make an argument for any and everything having a downside especially when it comes to food. Bottom line I do agree soda isn't a health drink..moderation is the key to living!!
Find your light....and SHINE in it !
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
monica2000

Yeah, and cows milk is suppose to be just for a cow's calf. It was not made for human consumption but why let a little thing like that stop us from giving it to our babies and kids? I bought the soda maker because I have for the most part given up soda but when those every now and then times I crave soda, I can make as little or as much as I want.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
angelout

wow, what about carbonated water, like Perrier? Very interested in this subject.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
4 Replies
09.06.2012 8:59 PM
0 Smiles
5 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...