OKIEGAL | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 4:40 PM
For the past 30 years or so, I've been making that same old "Fantasy Fudge" from the back of the marshmallow fluff jar. This year, I wanted something different and came across a recipe for "Country House Fudge". It is on the Allrecipes (usual before and after) website. It's very rich and extremely smooth. It makes 2 9 x 13 pans of fudge. It's not cheap to make -- the ingredients cost me about $30, but it does make two pans. The most expensive ingredient is that you have to use 16 oz. of Germans Sweet Chocolate -- that stuff is pricey! But, you will end up with glorious fudge.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
DudeShopper | Admirer 3 | 12.07.2008 10:26 PM
NOW... see what you did, I just ate a snickers bar!! You should all be ashamed!
DudeShopper | Admirer 3 | 12.07.2008 10:25 PM
You are both evil women and should be punished. I think I'll slar some peanut butter fudge red velvet cake pancake syrup on ya both and tie you on top of some fire ant holes!! How's that for a festive display of kindness?! Hmmn! [-x =h2>
retro1 | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 10:21 PM
DFTX, let's massage Dude with some fudge and see if he likes that? We could give him a fudge neck massage! :d/
DFTX | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 10:12 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm, yummy yummy! Fudge...so good, so sweet....almost as sweet as you Dude!

Dude, DH & I are both diabetic but we cheat now and then. A little piece over the holidays ain't so bad. The cashew crunch that I make isn't too sweet in case you may want to try that.

Dude, just to make you drool a little more. I know, I'm a meanie!!! Tempting you like I do. I made a fresh pork shoulder roast today, stuffed it in slit pockets with fresh green onion, clove of garlic and a slice of fresh jalapeno pepper & roasted it in apple cider with potatoes and carrots.

Briannia | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 10:05 PM
Fireant, I tried to plug this into the Weight Watchers points calculator on their website. You put in all the ingredients for a certain dish, and then how many servings. The calculator does the points for you. This was off the charts! There are 117 servings in a 9 x 13 pan It came in at 31 points! Don't eat for a few days and you can have a piece and stay on the plan. (This fudge is so good, it's almost worth it!)

Okie - Surely this is a mistake. 117 servings? Are you sure they didn't say they meant 117 "ant" servings?:-k ;-);
DudeShopper | Admirer 3 | 12.07.2008 10:01 PM
Nasty, rotten, horrible women for posting this, I thought I only had to keep an eye on DFTX with her food tales. I SO WANT SOME FUDGE NOW!! Ya know, there's a price for everythin, I'll pay the fedex fee!! Dudes not go great at baking unless it comes in a prepared box. Fudge is a toughie and kinda gives you a work out to make doesn't it? HAS TO HAVE WALNUTS, PECANS.. if someone gives me some i just squash nuts in it. Again, you're all horrible for tempting a diabetic. (a cheating diabetic) Hope you all have wonderful looks of appreciation for those you make it for!! MERRY MERRY EVERYONE!!

( Evil laugh!) RICH, yummy, creamy , nutty, chocolatey FUDGE, FUDGE, FUDGE!!!!
SHUT IT RHETT!! You're a real piece of work, ya know. I'm starting to see what your other fans see in ya. C'mere.. you're getting a noggie on your noggin!! [-x :d/ =h1> =h2>
retro1 | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 9:54 PM
Nasty, rotten, horrible women for posting this, I thought I only had to keep an eye on DFTX with her food tales. I SO WANT SOME FUDGE NOW!! Ya know, there's a price for everythin, I'll pay the fedex fee!! Dudes not go great at baking unless it comes in a prepared box. Fudge is a toughie and kinda gives you a work out to make doesn't it? HAS TO HAVE WALNUTS, PECANS.. if someone gives me some i just squash nuts in it. Again, you're all horrible for tempting a diabetic. (a cheating diabetic) Hope you all have wonderful looks of appreciation for those you make it for!! MERRY MERRY EVERYONE!!

( Evil laugh!) RICH, yummy, creamy , nutty, chocolatey FUDGE, FUDGE, FUDGE!!!!
DudeShopper | Admirer 3 | 12.07.2008 9:49 PM
DudeShopper | Admirer 3 | 12.07.2008 9:45 PM
I'm shorting out my laptop drooling........
Fire, you kill me. So funny... you gave me a chuckle with both of your comedic posts.:d/
JOHNBABY | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 9:44 PM
I'll have to check this out. I love Fudge,especially this time of the year. My grandmother would always make old-fashion fudge,but I still can't find the recipes,that would sound like she made. She was into homemade evrything,and I guess that where I get it from lol.
OKIEGAL | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 9:40 PM
Fireant, I tried to plug this into the Weight Watchers points calculator on their website. You put in all the ingredients for a certain dish, and then how many servings. The calculator does the points for you. This was off the charts! There are 117 servings in a 9 x 13 pan It came in at 31 points! Don't eat for a few days and you can have a piece and stay on the plan. (This fudge is so good, it's almost worth it!)
Fireant13 | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 9:39 PM
I'm shorting out my laptop drooling........
hizherz | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 9:33 PM
Fudge! Did you have to mention fudge? I LOVE fudge. OKIEGAL, that is a GREAT web site. I have been doing them for years. I love where you can have your own recipe box. This fudge sounds good. I was looking in the stores the other day and fudge has went up like every thing else.
Thank you!=8>

I just bought 2 boxes of Hickory Farms Fudge that went up from $6.95 two years ago to 12.95 this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
retro1 | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 8:40 PM
I LOVE FUDGE!!! Arrrgh. I gotta try these. Fudge and Bluebell supreme Homemade Vanilla ice cream are my diet downfalls. YUM.
DFTX | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 8:06 PM
Yes please post the recipe for reeses peanut butter fudge...please and thank you..

Peanut Butter Fudge (Tastes like Reese's Cups)

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
One 1 ound box of confectioners sugar
2 sticks of margarine
One 6 ounce bag of chocolate chips (milk or dark, either is OK)

Mix graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter and sugar in a 13 x 9 pan. Melt margarine and pour it over this mixture. Mix well and then pat it in the pan to make it even. Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler or microwave until its melted and creamy. Spread this melted chocolate over the peanut butter/graham cracker/margarine mixture that has been patted down in the pan.

Cool in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, take it out and let it sit for a little bit then cut into pieces. I store any left over in a plastic container in the fridge.

Enjoy!
serfina | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 7:53 PM
thanx okeigal. i'll be making this fudge instead of the fantasy fudge this year.
CAINEY | Admirer 3 | 12.07.2008 7:26 PM
Yes please post the recipe for reeses peanut butter fudge...please and thank you..
Fireant13 | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 7:19 PM
My mother warned me about recipes like this!
BREE | Admirer 3 | 12.07.2008 6:46 PM
Is this fudge legal on the Weight Watcher's diet?

Fireant, If it is, it probably doesn' taste like fudge. ;-);
Fireant13 | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 6:43 PM
For the past 30 years or so, I've been making that same old "Fantasy Fudge" from the back of the marshmallow fluff jar. This year, I wanted something different and came across a recipe for "Country House Fudge". It is on the Allrecipes (usual before and after) website. It's very rich and extremely smooth. It makes 2 9 x 13 pans of fudge. It's not cheap to make -- the ingredients cost me about $30, but it does make two pans. The most expensive ingredient is that you have to use 16 oz. of Germans Sweet Chocolate -- that stuff is pricey! But, you will end up with glorious fudge.

Berkely | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 6:14 PM
I have been using the fantasy recipe for fudge too, last year I didn't do it because I was bored with it. I will try this recipe this year. Thank you for posting it.
GardenMama | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 5:24 PM
Fudge! Did you have to mention fudge? I LOVE fudge. OKIEGAL, that is a GREAT web site. I have been doing them for years. I love where you can have your own recipe box. This fudge sounds good. I was looking in the stores the other day and fudge has went up like every thing else.
Thank you!=8>
DFTX | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 5:15 PM
Sounds really good. I've got a recipe for a fudge that tastes like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and also a Cashew Crunch recipe thats kinda like peanut brittle but more buttery and not as sweet. If anyone wants to try it, I'll post them.
ohboy | Admirer 2 | 12.07.2008 4:52 PM
Oh thanks OKIEGAL, that sounds so good, not to mention I have a really large family and would need two pans anyway! I will go and get the recipie and again, thanks!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
OKIEGAL

The Best Fudge I've Ever Made/Had.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ohboy

RE: The Best Fudge I've Ever Made/Had.

Oh thanks OKIEGAL, that sounds so good, not to mention I have a really large family and would need two pans anyway! I will go and get the recipie and again, thanks!
Conservative and Pro Life Forever. God and values are what matter to me in this life, and I am thankful for the freedom to express it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
DFTX

Sounds really good. I've got a recipe for a fudge that tastes like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and also a Cashew Crunch recipe thats kinda like peanut brittle but more buttery and not as sweet. If anyone wants to try it, I'll post them.
When I get tired of shopping, I just sit down and try on shoes
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
GardenMama

Thank you!=8>
Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens.
Douglas Jerrold
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Berkely

I have been using the fantasy recipe for fudge too, last year I didn't do it because I was bored with it. I will try this recipe this year. Thank you for posting it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Fireant13

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
BREE

Fireant, If it is, it probably doesn' taste like fudge. ;-);
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be d a m n e d if you do, and d a m n e d if you don't." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Fireant13

My mother warned me about recipes like this!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
CAINEY

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
serfina

thanx okeigal. i'll be making this fudge instead of the fantasy fudge this year.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
98 Replies
12.07.2008 4:40 PM
0 Smiles
22 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...