MelodyA897 | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:05 PM
Aww. Bye Bob. :smileysad:
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
CHATTYCAT | Admirer 3 | 12.21.2008 9:28 PM
I really liked Bob. I'll miss him.
esmereldaQ | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 4:07 PM
On his regular Sunday show, they had a taped farewell speech from Bob. He said he's going to be spending more time with his daughter and pursuing writing.

A taped speech? Do you mean he didn't even say goodbye in person? Did someone else read the speech, or was it his voice? I never watch the Q now but I remember him from years back "in the kitchen with Bob". 8-[ 8-[

Bob was on the video saying goodbye.

Is the video on demand at the Q? Is there a link? TIA
DudeShopper | Admirer 3 | 12.21.2008 4:00 PM
Just from reading here I googled bobbowersox with the . and com and he is quite accomplished if you read his resume. He's an actor, there's several movie clips there and I was quite impressed with his talent. I would think if he's got his feet in this and apparantly has had... he might be putting more emphasis on this part of his life. As with anyone.. I wish him well. He was always a mild mannered and polite host. I imagine he was pulling in a good salary. I've heard some of the longterm hosts make up to the high 100's+; with all his varied background I would think he's set up to move ahead in a positive manner.

Didn't they get rid of Devinia Palmer the brit late night host too?
hildarumpole | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 3:13 PM
I heard a lot of behind the scenes people were let go at the Q too. Bob is probably another unfortunate casualty of the changing economy. It would have been nice if they could have waited until after the holidays, but companies seem to love giving the ax this time of year.
midway | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 3:03 PM
I always enjoyed Bob's shows and will miss him. I believe he had gone back to school to get a master's degree so perhaps he will be putting it to use. He's probably at a point in his life where he wants to make some changes, he's probably finacially able to retire or semi-retire so he's just taking the slow road. I think he must have joint/sole custody of his daughter also and wants/needs more time with her.
MelodyA897 | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:31 PM
On his regular Sunday show, they had a taped farewell speech from Bob. He said he's going to be spending more time with his daughter and pursuing writing.

A taped speech? Do you mean he didn't even say goodbye in person? Did someone else read the speech, or was it his voice? I never watch the Q now but I remember him from years back "in the kitchen with Bob". 8-[ 8-[

Bob was on the video saying goodbye.
MelodyA897 | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:30 PM
I thought I caught a bit of shakiness in David V.'s voice as he was telling everyone that Bob left. He said that Bob wanted to be there in person to say goodbye, but his daughter had a school Christmas program or something.
bajakitty | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:24 PM
i just watched the taped good-bye...............what a shock.

enjoy yourself bob, you will be missed.

peace
truebluesue | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:23 PM
When Bob first started his "In the Kitchen" series, the Q offered lots of pots and pans and he was always preparing food. Now it seems they are more interested in selling ready-made items so there isn't the opportunity for him to show his cooking skills. He owned an omelet restaurant before he started at the Q and loved to cook.
Briannia | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:20 PM

truebluesue | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:19 PM
David Veneable is on his show this morning. He's eating, not cooking. It makes you wonder if it was a sudden departure.
adwriter | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:16 PM
Bob...left?

That's a shock. I liked his Sunday show.
truebluesue | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:15 PM
I noticed some time ago that he no longer wears a wedding ring. Maybe that has something to do with his departure.
MelodyA897 | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:13 PM
truebluesue | Admirer 2 | 12.21.2008 2:10 PM
I've had the feeling that he hasn't been happy for some time. How did you find this out?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
MelodyA897

QVC Host Bob Bowersox is gone!

Aww. Bye Bob. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
truebluesue

RE: QVC Host Bob Bowersox is gone!

I've had the feeling that he hasn't been happy for some time. How did you find this out?
A thunderstorm is God's way of saying you spend too much time in front of the computer. Unknown
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
MelodyA897

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
truebluesue

I noticed some time ago that he no longer wears a wedding ring. Maybe that has something to do with his departure.
A thunderstorm is God's way of saying you spend too much time in front of the computer. Unknown
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
adwriter

Bob...left?

That's a shock. I liked his Sunday show.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
truebluesue

David Veneable is on his show this morning. He's eating, not cooking. It makes you wonder if it was a sudden departure.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Briannia

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
truebluesue

When Bob first started his "In the Kitchen" series, the Q offered lots of pots and pans and he was always preparing food. Now it seems they are more interested in selling ready-made items so there isn't the opportunity for him to show his cooking skills. He owned an omelet restaurant before he started at the Q and loved to cook.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
bajakitty

i just watched the taped good-bye...............what a shock.

enjoy yourself bob, you will be missed.

peace
"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
Benjamin Franklin
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
MelodyA897

I thought I caught a bit of shakiness in David V.'s voice as he was telling everyone that Bob left. He said that Bob wanted to be there in person to say goodbye, but his daughter had a school Christmas program or something.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
39 Replies
12.21.2008 2:05 PM
0 Smiles
21 in Conversation

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...