stealthnet | New Friend | 02.09.2010 1:22 PM
Do a search in Google News for "Andrew Lessman" and you'll find the article.... I'm on Andrew's side here. Hopefully this doesn't get poofed, since I'm sure this topic will continue to be brought up again.................

02/08/2010

"QVC sues rival
QVC Inc., the home-shopping channel,sued Your Vitamins Inc. and its co-owner, Andrew Lessman, over allegedly false and misleading statements made through a rival television network.
QVC contends that Lessman, while promoting his Procaps vitamins on Home Shopping Network Inc., directed viewers to a Web blog that contains disparaging statements about QVC’s Nature’s Code products.

The blog “is devoted principally to denigrating the quality QVC’s competing products -- and only QVC’s competing products -- through the use of false and completely unsubstantiated allegations,” QVC lawyers said in a suit filed Feb. 5 in federal court in Wilmington, Del.

In the lawsuit, QVC asks for a jury trial, an order to stop negative statements, unspecified damages and legal fees. The complaint alleges false advertising, consumer fraud, deceptive trade practices and unfair competition.
Lessman wasn’t immediately available to comment on the lawsuit at Your Vitamins in Henderson, Nev."
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
AdamFreemanLVR | Admirer 1 | 02.09.2010 10:01 PM
COTON1 | Admirer 3 | 02.09.2010 8:28 PM
It's always the case, when you're the biggest and THE BEST, someone is going to try and bring you down. :-({|=
Shantung | Admirer 2 | 02.09.2010 7:02 PM
This was long in coming...right from replacing Taub with an Andrew doppelganger to the healthy hair skin and nails debacle. Who can forget Andrew going ballistic when Taub, on one of his last visits, showed a drawing of his horse pills making turns in the intestines due to the coating. I thought Andrew was going to stroke out on the air.
I know this lawsuit is annoying but I doubt this is a surprise to Andrew.
BUBBO | Admirer 2 | 02.09.2010 3:19 PM
Andrew Lessman knows his stuff...I'm sure hes not losing any sleep!
WATERGEN | Admirer 2 | 02.09.2010 3:16 PM
You are exactly right. They are trying to intimidate him into being quiet.
stealthnet | New Friend | 02.09.2010 3:03 PM
It's simple facts.... Andrew Lessman's products have NO fillers and contain only the vitamins/minerals and gelatin capsules. He went through QVC's products labels and it's pretty easy to see how inferior they are. For example with their Hair, Skin, and Nails product -- when you only have 15 mg of active ingredients (what is listed on the vitamin label, the rest are "other ingredients like colors, etc), and then you weigh the tablet and it is almost 1500 mg, then yes, it IS 99% additives.

By the way, Andrew was a former food and drug lawyer with his own practice. I'm pretty sure he knows what he can say, and I don't see what he said that is misleading at all. This is the Q hoping to quiet him instead of improving their products.
WATERGEN | Admirer 2 | 02.09.2010 2:53 PM
Andrew has some videos on his website, Procaps Lab. In one he says the Q has a healthy skin and nail product that is a hard tablet, and is 99% fillers. Hey Q, lie much.
jakester | Admirer 2 | 02.09.2010 2:21 PM
If QVC wants to sell poor quality products, that is fine. However do not expect others not to point that fact out. It will be interesting to find out which statements they say are not true. After reading and watching the blogs I am not sure what they can dispute. If they want to compete on the quality of the product, then they need to make a quality product.
WATERGEN | Admirer 2 | 02.09.2010 2:19 PM
Being a food and drug lawyer, I'm sure Andrew knows what he can say. Everything he said was the truth. Anyone who is knowledgable about suppliments knows it. They just don't want anyone to know the truth about their rip off synthetic vitamins.
Zendee | Admirer 3 | 02.09.2010 2:06 PM
I think he could make the public aware of his products and his belief they are superior to other products without directly bashing QVC. If it was just his product versus the other product then to me that is fine but he is making it sound like QVC is doing something unethical.

Anyways...I agree...he just wants to inform people but informative and derogatory are 2 different things.
MOMSKA | Admirer 3 | 02.09.2010 1:47 PM
Wow! What a shocker. I sure hope Andrew is able to get this lawsuit dismissed. I trust Andrew and he was only trying to make the public aware of the information that is out there. I think QVC made the first mistake by using a very similar name on their vitamins/supplements. Time will tell....
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
stealthnet

LAWSUIT - The Q Sues Andrew Lessman

Do a search in Google News for "Andrew Lessman" and you'll find the article.... I'm on Andrew's side here. Hopefully this doesn't get poofed, since I'm sure this topic will continue to be brought up again.................

02/08/2010

"QVC sues rival
QVC Inc., the home-shopping channel,sued Your Vitamins Inc. and its co-owner, Andrew Lessman, over allegedly false and misleading statements made through a rival television network.
QVC contends that Lessman, while promoting his Procaps vitamins on Home Shopping Network Inc., directed viewers to a Web blog that contains disparaging statements about QVC’s Nature’s Code products.

The blog “is devoted principally to denigrating the quality QVC’s competing products -- and only QVC’s competing products -- through the use of false and completely unsubstantiated allegations,” QVC lawyers said in a suit filed Feb. 5 in federal court in Wilmington, Del.

In the lawsuit, QVC asks for a jury trial, an order to stop negative statements, unspecified damages and legal fees. The complaint alleges false advertising, consumer fraud, deceptive trade practices and unfair competition.
Lessman wasn’t immediately available to comment on the lawsuit at Your Vitamins in Henderson, Nev."
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MOMSKA

RE: LAWSUIT - The Q Sues Andrew Lessman

Wow! What a shocker. I sure hope Andrew is able to get this lawsuit dismissed. I trust Andrew and he was only trying to make the public aware of the information that is out there. I think QVC made the first mistake by using a very similar name on their vitamins/supplements. Time will tell....
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Zendee

I think he could make the public aware of his products and his belief they are superior to other products without directly bashing QVC. If it was just his product versus the other product then to me that is fine but he is making it sound like QVC is doing something unethical.

Anyways...I agree...he just wants to inform people but informative and derogatory are 2 different things.
Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Abraham Lincoln

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WATERGEN

Being a food and drug lawyer, I'm sure Andrew knows what he can say. Everything he said was the truth. Anyone who is knowledgable about suppliments knows it. They just don't want anyone to know the truth about their rip off synthetic vitamins.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jakester

If QVC wants to sell poor quality products, that is fine. However do not expect others not to point that fact out. It will be interesting to find out which statements they say are not true. After reading and watching the blogs I am not sure what they can dispute. If they want to compete on the quality of the product, then they need to make a quality product.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WATERGEN

Andrew has some videos on his website, Procaps Lab. In one he says the Q has a healthy skin and nail product that is a hard tablet, and is 99% fillers. Hey Q, lie much.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
stealthnet

It's simple facts.... Andrew Lessman's products have NO fillers and contain only the vitamins/minerals and gelatin capsules. He went through QVC's products labels and it's pretty easy to see how inferior they are. For example with their Hair, Skin, and Nails product -- when you only have 15 mg of active ingredients (what is listed on the vitamin label, the rest are "other ingredients like colors, etc), and then you weigh the tablet and it is almost 1500 mg, then yes, it IS 99% additives.

By the way, Andrew was a former food and drug lawyer with his own practice. I'm pretty sure he knows what he can say, and I don't see what he said that is misleading at all. This is the Q hoping to quiet him instead of improving their products.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WATERGEN

You are exactly right. They are trying to intimidate him into being quiet.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BUBBO

Andrew Lessman knows his stuff...I'm sure hes not losing any sleep!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Shantung

This was long in coming...right from replacing Taub with an Andrew doppelganger to the healthy hair skin and nails debacle. Who can forget Andrew going ballistic when Taub, on one of his last visits, showed a drawing of his horse pills making turns in the intestines due to the coating. I thought Andrew was going to stroke out on the air.
I know this lawsuit is annoying but I doubt this is a surprise to Andrew.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
11 Replies
02.09.2010 1:22 PM
0 Smiles
9 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...