staycn | New Friend | 06.03.2009 4:38 AM
I am new to hsn so im not familiar with how things work with flexpay.
There is a bag im looking at for $150 or 3 payments of $50. If I were to chosse the 3 payments what would be chared to my account? Would it be the first payment + shipping + taxes? How frequent are the payments? Are they monthy, bi-weekly??

Also, will they run a credit check? Im 18 and I dont have any credit yet (im trying to build some up) but I work full time, go to school and always pay my bills on time.

I would really love to have that bag
so any info is appreciated!

Thanks so much
Stacey
=)
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
KESHABELL | New Friend | 12.16.2013 3:28 PM

Hi I just started a account and I am new to flex pay I wanted to know ABOUT the small credit check and what type of credit check they use for this Flex Pay and how can I get a approved

HSN | Manager | 12.16.2013 11:32 PM

KESHABELL wrote:

Hi I just started a account and I am new to flex pay I wanted to know ABOUT the small credit check and what type of credit check they use for this Flex Pay and how can I get a approved

Welcome to HSN, KESHABELL! Information about the FlexPay process can be found by clicking on the blue FlexPay hyperlink found next to the item price on the product page for the item you are interested in purchasing. We also have additional FlexPay information in our FAQ section on HSN.com. We hope this helps, thank you for choosing HSN!

lettabell | New Friend | 02.16.2014 2:00 PM

Do they do credit check to qualify for flexpay, i check QA didnt see this info.

Tahanks

HSN | Manager | 02.17.2014 11:25 AM

lettabell wrote:

Do they do credit check to qualify for flexpay, i check QA didnt see this info.

Tahanks

FlexPay orders may be subject to credit verification and we may review the credit report, @lettabell.  

SBellfamily | New Friend | 02.17.2014 11:58 AM

Is the "credit check" for flex pay new because I have purchased an IPad, IPod, Camera, several other things with no problem in the last year and then all of a sudden, I purchased an embroidery machine and was denied. Nothing on my credit has changed so why would I be approved a year ago and now all of a sudden I'm not? Also, if I changed the flex pay amounts from 5 to say 3 payments, would it help me in getting approved?

HSN | Manager | 02.17.2014 4:40 PM

SBellfamily wrote:

Is the "credit check" for flex pay new because I have purchased an IPad, IPod, Camera, several other things with no problem in the last year and then all of a sudden, I purchased an embroidery machine and was denied. Nothing on my credit has changed so why would I be approved a year ago and now all of a sudden I'm not? Also, if I changed the flex pay amounts from 5 to say 3 payments, would it help me in getting approved?

The FlexPay process has not changed recently, @SBellfamily  . However, we use various criteria for the approval process including a review of your credit report at times. For specific information pertaining to your order, our FlexPay eligibility experts can be reached at 800-879-2559.

bomar1223 | New Friend | 02.21.2014 10:25 AM

Ihave been using HSN for over 3 years and never had a problem until recently. I ordered a printer and a Canon camera. After a few days I received the printer but no camera. I checked the order and it showed CC denied. I used the same debit card for both orders. I called customer service who sent me to flexpay department. They could not tell me why but said they sent me a letter explaining. They still took my money and I have to wait 72 hours to get it back. I have ordered multiple flat screen Tv's, tablets, laptops, cutlery, etc. I am done ordering products from here now!

HSN | Manager | 02.21.2014 10:41 AM

bomar1223 wrote:

Ihave been using HSN for over 3 years and never had a problem until recently. I ordered a printer and a Canon camera. After a few days I received the printer but no camera. I checked the order and it showed CC denied. I used the same debit card for both orders. I called customer service who sent me to flexpay department. They could not tell me why but said they sent me a letter explaining. They still took my money and I have to wait 72 hours to get it back. I have ordered multiple flat screen Tv's, tablets, laptops, cutlery, etc. I am done ordering products from here now!

@bomar1223,  we're so sorry that we weren't able to process your Canon order on FlexPay.  Sadly there are some times that we aren't able to apply FlexPay to an order however.  Please be on the lookout for the letter from us that will help explain the situation in more detail.  

PrettyAlice | Inspirer 2 | 02.16.2014 2:54 PM

They do not do a credit check for flex pay.  They just make sure the first payment goes through.  The credit check is for a HSN credit card.

deviee | Admirer 3 | 12.27.2013 7:59 PM

Thank - You HSN !! for the information !!!  Flex - Pay helps so many of us out here in SHOPPING !! thanks..

123s | Inspirer 1 | 12.30.2012 12:49 PM
QVC divides the S & H and tax over their easy pays but HSN has always taken it out of the first payment](*,).
cbokay | New Friend | 12.23.2012 12:20 PM
I goofed. I should've read the little clip next to the item. Here is what it says.

At the time of purchase, we will bill your credit card for the first monthly installment plus tax and shipping and handling fees. The balance is then automatically billed to your credit card in equal monthly installments beginning 30 days after the original order date.

cbokay | New Friend | 12.23.2012 12:09 PM
All you need to do it get a debit bank card and fix yourself up using that number. Then when your computer remembers the password, shopping is just a few clicks so watch out! This is addictive! there is no credit check. If the money isn't there, it just won't go through.

The flexpay are every 30 days. When you click the button next to the item and choose the flexpay option it will give you the dollar amount. The more flexpays you choose the less it will be per month. The number of flexpays is precisely the number of months it will take to pay it off. There is no interest, and the first payment will be the first payment plus all shipping, handling, tax.

To monitor exactly when it clears your bank, when it is sent or to cancel what you ordered for any reason that day until midnight EST go to the button at the top of this page "order status". Then when you click on the item all of the banking info including exact dates will always be there.

Place every item that you order on your wishlist if you can (once it is sold out you can't do this) and check this item each day for a month. If, in that month it shows a lower price, simply e-mail customer service and write " item 000-000 has dropped in price within 30 days, my thanks for an adjustment" They will place the difference in your account.

Hope this helps!

=!s> =!s>

-----------------
I'm replying to a very old message. I could be wrong but I thought the tax and S&H was added to the price of the item and then divided equally (per sec) by the number of flex payments. In other wards, the 1st flex payment doesn't absorb all the tax and S&H. Am I wrong?
LADYLOVE | Admirer 3 | 12.04.2012 2:53 AM
This has been my experience with flexpay. I purchase an item that has flexpay. I usually choose as many flexpays as they offer to keep the monthly payments down. If you have the money in the bank you can use your debit card. It's taken out of your bank account. When you are checking out, there will be a yellow sign to left at the top that you authorize the additonal payments by checking the box. If I wouldn't have money in the bank to cover it, the buy wouldn't go through. It would be cancelled. If I use a credit card and have available credit on my card, the order goes through. They don't charge you until the item you bought actually ships. This has always worked for me and flexpay is really good for items $l00 and over.
Nancygalloway | New Friend | 11.21.2012 1:30 PM
Great info, I had the same question!!! Got all the answers and a great tip about the wish list idea!! Thanks a bunch!!
bargains101 | Admirer 2 | 06.03.2009 12:16 PM
All you need to do it get a debit bank card and fix yourself up using that number. Then when your computer remembers the password, shopping is just a few clicks so watch out! This is addictive! there is no credit check. If the money isn't there, it just won't go through.

The flexpay are every 30 days. When you click the button next to the item and choose the flexpay option it will give you the dollar amount. The more flexpays you choose the less it will be per month. The number of flexpays is precisely the number of months it will take to pay it off. There is no interest, and the first payment will be the first payment plus all shipping, handling, tax.

To monitor exactly when it clears your bank, when it is sent or to cancel what you ordered for any reason that day until midnight EST go to the button at the top of this page "order status". Then when you click on the item all of the banking info including exact dates will always be there.

Place every item that you order on your wishlist if you can (once it is sold out you can't do this) and check this item each day for a month. If, in that month it shows a lower price, simply e-mail customer service and write " item 000-000 has dropped in price within 30 days, my thanks for an adjustment" They will place the difference in your account.

Hope this helps!

=!s> =!s>
devia | Inspirer 1 | 06.03.2009 11:27 AM
very-good advice from lizzie,and good luck...
LIZZIE63 | Admirer 2 | 06.03.2009 4:49 AM
There is a bag im looking at for $150 or 3 payments of $50. If I were to chosse the 3 payments what would be chared to my account? Would it be the first payment + shipping + taxes? How frequent are the payments? Are they monthy, bi-weekly??

Also, will they run a credit check? Im 18 and I dont have any credit yet (im trying to build some up) but I work full time, go to school and always pay my bills on time.

Thanks so much
Stacey
=)

If you call HSN, the representatives can tell you exactly what the amounts each month would be. Once you receive the bag, the enclosed invoice will also indicate the remaining payments for the following two months. You will have to talk to them regarding the credit check. I have no idea how it is handled. Maybe someone else here has had a recent credit check.

I haven't bought a lot at HSN lately but I want to mention since you say you are new, be sure to check out the clearance items, just in case you might find a bag you like as well but would be able to get for less.

Good luck!!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
staycn

I was just wondering if anyone could explain how flexpay works exactly?

Thanks so much
Stacey
=)
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
LIZZIE63

RE: I was just wondering if anyone could explain how flexpay works exactly?

Thanks so much
Stacey
=)

If you call HSN, the representatives can tell you exactly what the amounts each month would be. Once you receive the bag, the enclosed invoice will also indicate the remaining payments for the following two months. You will have to talk to them regarding the credit check. I have no idea how it is handled. Maybe someone else here has had a recent credit check.

I haven't bought a lot at HSN lately but I want to mention since you say you are new, be sure to check out the clearance items, just in case you might find a bag you like as well but would be able to get for less.

Good luck!!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
devia

very-good advice from lizzie,and good luck...
"smile it's free"!!! "gotta -love-it" !!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
bargains101

Hope this helps!

=!s> =!s>
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Nancygalloway

Great info, I had the same question!!! Got all the answers and a great tip about the wish list idea!! Thanks a bunch!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
LADYLOVE

This has been my experience with flexpay. I purchase an item that has flexpay. I usually choose as many flexpays as they offer to keep the monthly payments down. If you have the money in the bank you can use your debit card. It's taken out of your bank account. When you are checking out, there will be a yellow sign to left at the top that you authorize the additonal payments by checking the box. If I wouldn't have money in the bank to cover it, the buy wouldn't go through. It would be cancelled. If I use a credit card and have available credit on my card, the order goes through. They don't charge you until the item you bought actually ships. This has always worked for me and flexpay is really good for items $l00 and over.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
cbokay

Hope this helps!

=!s> =!s>

-----------------
I'm replying to a very old message. I could be wrong but I thought the tax and S&H was added to the price of the item and then divided equally (per sec) by the number of flex payments. In other wards, the 1st flex payment doesn't absorb all the tax and S&H. Am I wrong?
Please use plain text.
New Friend
cbokay

I goofed. I should've read the little clip next to the item. Here is what it says.

At the time of purchase, we will bill your credit card for the first monthly installment plus tax and shipping and handling fees. The balance is then automatically billed to your credit card in equal monthly installments beginning 30 days after the original order date.

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
123s

QVC divides the S & H and tax over their easy pays but HSN has always taken it out of the first payment](*,).
Please use plain text.
New Friend
KESHABELL

I just started a Account and new to flex pay

[ Edited ]

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
18 Replies
06.03.2009 4:38 AM
0 Smiles
15 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...