Admirer 2
mistygirl25

RE: HSN card

=d> It's good to hear that your bank limits the amount that you can withdraw using your debit card on a daily basis. Not all banks do this. As for the security code, you still have to give the security code when ordering over the phone or on-line for the transaction to go through, unless the debit card companies have come up with a new procedure that I am not familiar with.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Erniee

I've been experiencing issues with this card as well. I send in payments well before the deadline only to have them take forever to process plus charge a late fee for payments that go in on time. Also, I dislike how information is misleading like when it comes to making payments online. The FAQ says you won't be charged a fee yet when you read the terms on the on the agreement it clearly states that there will be a fee for using the online system to make payments (a large one at that). Can't wait to pay it off and cancel it.
[-(
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mamawlydia64

Sure glad to read these reviews of the HSN cards. Was just about to try to get one
and decided not to. Decided to just get one item if possible. Thanks for the insight
on these cards. I guess I can just go without! Would rather do that then have the
hassle.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Grammi2four

I had the same issue with a late charge once and that was enough. I write my bill in full the day it hits my mailbox and it goes out the very next day so I know it was there long before the due date.

I called and talked to CS rep but in the end I just stopped using the card. I don't care what coupons or easy pays they offer (where you have to use the hsn card) I'm not using it again ever.

They (the bank) obviously doesn't have enough people to process them in a timely manner and that's why they are processing them late and sticking us with the charge. They make more money that was also. For them, it's a win-win. They need to hire some people and get some off the unemployment rolls.

I'm just using my other card on everything now. No problem. It's with my bank that I've been with for many years. Never carry a balance and never had a fee or problem.

Have a fabulous day ladies

Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
CathySez

Unsure what home shopping does to people with their credit card is legal.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MariannAZ

so sad to read everyones troubles. I have the HSN mastercard for over a year now and have had no troubles at all. I pay my bill online, and, no they do not charge you to pay online. otherwise i wouldn't do it! It's really simple, and makes my life easier.

hope all resolves for everyone!
Please use plain text.
New Friend
mountaincat

I've had an HSN card for years and always pay online and have never had a problem. It sounds like snailmail is messing you up by crossing statements. You don't need a debit card to pay online. Just enter your checking account number and routing number. It takes a few days to process it, so try to pay at the beginning of the week as opposed to say Friday. Nothing gets done on the weekend.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Lolo899

I searched the internet on the topic of "assessing late fees by HSN" and this forum came up in the search results. I have been reading these posts and am also among those who have been assessed late fees unnecessarily. I have mailed my last two payments 8-12 days before the due date, and on top of that, have doubled my payment and have been assessed late fees during both cycles. I just find it impossible to believe that the payment would take 7 days to go from Albuquerque to San Antonio and suspect that the credit card company is fraudulently assessing late charges. Isn't that illegal?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
margaritarose

dont understand your problems with the HSN credit card - you can pay online with no charge and only giving 4 days for a payment to be credited by mail is not enough time. Without the card you dont get the additional flex pays, and Ive never been billed twice in one month. Also agree with the person who said not to pay with debit card for online purchases. Not all banks cover charges with this. I had a problem with the old bank HSN used getting them to stop an automatic payment I was making every month. Never did get that straightened out and had to pay my bank for a stop payment on those withdrawals - nothing else worked. So far so good with the "new" credit card.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.