JAYJAY | Inspirer 1 | 07.08.2010 12:05 AM
Has anyone applied for a HSN rewards credit card lately? It's suppose to be when you sign up, you will be able to use the $20.00 coupon right away. The coupon is only good for 15 days so I was wondering if you can use your credit card right away and get the coupon right away as well.
Thanks for any help in this matter....
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
GraceBailey | Admirer 1 | 12.23.2011 5:34 AM
I was checking out and saw that I was pre-approved so I tried and got it!! I closed out the code before copying it and now I'm out the $20. I tried calling both HSN and the credit card place and neither could help me. I'm really bummed out, I missed my coupon yesterday and now this.

Did you try to put your order through after you closed out the code? I opened an account last month, and got the $20 discount. I didn't put in any code. It was automatically applied to my order.
janmarie71 | New Friend | 12.17.2011 1:58 PM
I was checking out and saw that I was pre-approved so I tried and got it!! I closed out the code before copying it and now I'm out the $20. I tried calling both HSN and the credit card place and neither could help me. I'm really bummed out, I missed my coupon yesterday and now this.
Tammy518 | New Friend | 11.15.2010 3:04 PM
I placed an order... applied for the HSN credit card via phone with the customer service rep...was approved on the spot and received $20.00 off my first order. I was VERY pleased. No fuss, no hassles.
JAYJAY | Inspirer 1 | 07.26.2010 5:26 PM
I was denied!!! I have many credit cards and pay them all off monthly. This is the first time I was denied. I will try again and have my husband apply since he has a salary and I don't. It was either no salary or the fact I am guardian for my daughter and she receives a monthly check from the state (special needs). Oh well....I don't need another credit card, I just liked the incentives!
lilvawoman | New Friend | 07.16.2010 11:40 AM
That is frustrating!! Looks like they would give people 6 months to use the $20.00 especially if they have to wait for the card.

Even though you have to wait for the card if you are approved immediately then you are able to immediately use the card and do not have to wait to receive the physical card itself. Just thought it might be helpful to know ;-);
JAYJAY | Inspirer 1 | 07.11.2010 1:12 AM
2old2care....are you saying they charge a % to customers who pay their bills on time? I lost you .... I always pay my balance in full and hope that I am never late on payments....late payments can cause a mess to straighten out my account.
2old2care | Admirer 1 | 07.11.2010 1:08 AM
If you think that's your biggest problem ,wait til you see what the rate % on your purchases for that card are. My credit score is in the mid 700s and when I got the card in the mail I found out that the rate was at 22%. This past Jan, before the new laws went into effect, the banks that give the cards out for HSN and QVC increased their rates to 26% even though we were never late, or over limit on any cards or bills. Those of us who have ,can and always pay our bills on time are paying a very big price for those who couldn't because of job loss or just wouldn't.
nhsoccermom | Frequent Visitor | 07.09.2010 1:18 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry Jay Jay that must have been very dissapointing especially since coupons are SO hard to come bye.
CAROLINAMODEL | Admirer 2 | 07.09.2010 2:03 AM
That is frustrating!! Looks like they would give people 6 months to use the $20.00 especially if they have to wait for the card.
JAYJAY | Inspirer 1 | 07.09.2010 1:33 AM
It's just even if I do get approved, I will be done buying in 10 days. I usually don't have any problems but I guess these days, everyone is being more careful. I have about 6 credit cards and pay them off monthly so not sure why there is a problem but I guess I'll wait it out and have it for later purchases.
I have several coupons, it was just the $20.00 has to be used within 15 days and by then, I won't be buying anything!
CAROLINAMODEL | Admirer 2 | 07.09.2010 1:22 AM
JayJay, I have never applied but have friends and co-workers that have. Some get approved at time of application (or they say they do) and others get notification later.

If you have not applied for credit in a long while, it may be that the credit agency(ies) have to get an update on you.

Believe it or not but I saw a letter to a co-worker that they did not qualify for a home loan they applied for because the husband at the age of 45 had never borrowed money. I know this if off the subject, but who knows why some people get an immediate response and some don't. It definitely does not mean it is negative as you well know.

Sorry you missed out of the $20 coupon. I certainly know what it feels like to never have any coupons to use.](*,) ](*,)
JAYJAY | Inspirer 1 | 07.09.2010 1:11 AM
Well, I just tried and was told I have to be reviewed which will take 7-10 days...then all the shopping I want to do now will be done and I won't be able to use the $20.00 coupon. I wanted to put all my AL purchases on it to earn points but I guess not.
Very disappointed....but I tried!!!
JAYJAY | Inspirer 1 | 07.09.2010 12:33 AM
Thanks, nhsoccermom.....appreciate it!;-);
nhsoccermom | Frequent Visitor | 07.08.2010 9:49 PM
Yes, I did and was able to use the card and coupon immediately. Good luck!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Inspirer 1
JAYJAY

HSN Credit Card $20.00 coupon

Has anyone applied for a HSN rewards credit card lately? It's suppose to be when you sign up, you will be able to use the $20.00 coupon right away. The coupon is only good for 15 days so I was wondering if you can use your credit card right away and get the coupon right away as well.
Thanks for any help in this matter....
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
nhsoccermom

RE: HSN Credit Card $20.00 coupon

Yes, I did and was able to use the card and coupon immediately. Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
JAYJAY

Thanks, nhsoccermom.....appreciate it!;-);
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
JAYJAY

Well, I just tried and was told I have to be reviewed which will take 7-10 days...then all the shopping I want to do now will be done and I won't be able to use the $20.00 coupon. I wanted to put all my AL purchases on it to earn points but I guess not.
Very disappointed....but I tried!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
CAROLINAMODEL

JayJay, I have never applied but have friends and co-workers that have. Some get approved at time of application (or they say they do) and others get notification later.

If you have not applied for credit in a long while, it may be that the credit agency(ies) have to get an update on you.

Believe it or not but I saw a letter to a co-worker that they did not qualify for a home loan they applied for because the husband at the age of 45 had never borrowed money. I know this if off the subject, but who knows why some people get an immediate response and some don't. It definitely does not mean it is negative as you well know.

Sorry you missed out of the $20 coupon. I certainly know what it feels like to never have any coupons to use.](*,) ](*,)
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
JAYJAY

It's just even if I do get approved, I will be done buying in 10 days. I usually don't have any problems but I guess these days, everyone is being more careful. I have about 6 credit cards and pay them off monthly so not sure why there is a problem but I guess I'll wait it out and have it for later purchases.
I have several coupons, it was just the $20.00 has to be used within 15 days and by then, I won't be buying anything!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
CAROLINAMODEL

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
nhsoccermom

Oh, I'm so sorry Jay Jay that must have been very dissapointing especially since coupons are SO hard to come bye.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
2old2care

If you think that's your biggest problem ,wait til you see what the rate % on your purchases for that card are. My credit score is in the mid 700s and when I got the card in the mail I found out that the rate was at 22%. This past Jan, before the new laws went into effect, the banks that give the cards out for HSN and QVC increased their rates to 26% even though we were never late, or over limit on any cards or bills. Those of us who have ,can and always pay our bills on time are paying a very big price for those who couldn't because of job loss or just wouldn't.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
JAYJAY

2old2care....are you saying they charge a % to customers who pay their bills on time? I lost you .... I always pay my balance in full and hope that I am never late on payments....late payments can cause a mess to straighten out my account.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
14 Replies
07.08.2010 12:05 AM
0 Smiles
8 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...