shegirl | Admirer | 09.30.2009 7:25 PM
Hi, I haven't posted in so long, and never experienced this before, but I purchased a couple of items in August, chose flex pay x2... receivd my most recent statement and there are separate charges for all the flexpays??? I guess I'm saying rather than per my choice to be billed as normal in 2 months the entire purchase price of the items are in 1 statement but listed as 1 of 2 then 2 of 2?? That just rubs me the wrong way. That is the reason I chose the flex pay... if I wanted to pay for it all in one payment I would have purchased the items straight out. Does anyone agree or have you experienced this problem? I feel like of mislead. I do understand 30 day billing, but in all fairness to the customer, they should have rolled the 2 of 2 in the next billing period in my opinion... ok now that I 've vented....
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
starsdancing | Admirer 3 | 10.24.2009 8:03 PM
I just had this happen, I had bought two items on flex pay and they charged me 2 payments in one month for both of them! I pay off my credit card bills each month and I was still able to do so, but sure didn't expect this. I agree flex pays should not be charged more then once each pay period or what is the point? I never had this happen on the other HSN card before they changed and it does not happen on QVC. It has left a sour taste in my mouth about HSN and I am rethinking purchases and I purchase a lot. I feel it is just a trick to get more money faster from us.

This left a sour taste in my mouth about HSN, too. I will no longer use my HSN card to purchase expensive items on flex pay. I pay my cards off in full each month, too. By double billing us, HSN has defeated the purpose and benefit of using flex pays.
cottontop69 | New Friend | 10.21.2009 6:45 AM
My husband and I each have our own hsn card and we have had trouble with hsn putting charges on the wrong card. My husband is ready to cut his up. It took several phone calls to get it fixed. A call to the bank who handles the hsn cards helped more than hsn cs. I do most of my shopping online with hsn and my hubby calls his orders in. and they have still gotten my stuff on his account and his stuff on my account. I have cut way back on ordering from hsn. I still use qvc and nbc
SPR72 | Admirer 2 | 10.07.2009 6:25 PM
I just had this happen, I had bought two items on flex pay and they charged me 2 payments in one month for both of them! I pay off my credit card bills each month and I was still able to do so, but sure didn't expect this. I agree flex pays should not be charged more then once each pay period or what is the point? I never had this happen on the other HSN card before they changed and it does not happen on QVC. It has left a sour taste in my mouth about HSN and I am rethinking purchases and I purchase a lot. I feel it is just a trick to get more money faster from us.
devia | Inspirer 1 | 10.07.2009 12:35 PM
thanks bass, as i have not had a problem either, but i do not use the flex-payment..:d/ i do not like these credit cards...but sometimes we just have to use them..](*,)
BASSETBABE | Admirer 3 | 10.07.2009 12:32 PM
I have had no problem with my HSN flex-pays or my HSN card.Knock on wood.;-);

Only credit card problem I have is with the Q saying they did not get my payment,almost a week after I sent it.I told them I could walk it there faster.:-s

How do we know these companies do not hold our check and claim it never arrived?I have learned to start checking a few days after I send a payment,to avoid late charges and APR increases.

Sorry to get off topic a little .Just had to vent. :-k
devia | Inspirer 1 | 10.05.2009 10:59 AM
yes stars that would not be good....](*,)
susie1130 | Admirer 2 | 10.05.2009 4:28 AM
No, that stinks. I don't use an HSN card so I don't have any problems with the flex pays.
starsdancing | Admirer 3 | 10.05.2009 4:18 AM
I like to use flex pay, especially on high ticket items. That way, in case there is a problem with the item and I need to return it, I don't have so much money out there in limbo waiting for a refund. I haven't had to return anything in years but it gives me a little more confidence in buying something without actually checking it out in person.

I used to like flexpays for bigger purchases too at HSN. Not anymore with the HSN card. Can you imagine getting billed two big flex pays for one item in one month?!
devia | Inspirer 1 | 10.04.2009 11:06 AM
thanks for the posts also as this will help a lot of us..thanks..=d> :d/
HITSVILLE | Inspirer 2 | 10.03.2009 9:57 PM
I like to use flex pay, especially on high ticket items. That way, in case there is a problem with the item and I need to return it, I don't have so much money out there in limbo waiting for a refund. I haven't had to return anything in years but it gives me a little more confidence in buying something without actually checking it out in person.

Me too, I like flexpay and haven't had a problem. But I don't shop with credit cards for very many things.
snappygrandma | Admirer 2 | 10.03.2009 9:45 PM
devia, I also wish the bank would put the name of the item. Sometimes I order more than one of something and they tell me the full price. When the bill comes, it will list a separate posting for each of the items, and I don't always know what they are referencing. If I can afford it, I almost always pass on flex pay. And I try to only charge what I can pay off in full each month.
susie1130 | Admirer 2 | 10.03.2009 7:48 PM
devia | Inspirer 1 | 10.03.2009 7:43 PM
now i know why my hubby told me not to use flex-pay...!!!! i just wish on our statements that it would give the name of the item...i know it has the item #, but how about putting the name of the item...it would make it so-much easier, to see what it's for....
HITSVILLE | Inspirer 2 | 10.03.2009 6:39 PM
I can look at purchases I have made using flexpays and see what date each one will be processed. There were a few times when I wanted to change the card and have done that. You can look at the order number for each purchase and see all those dates.
journeysurvivor | Admirer 2 | 10.03.2009 6:20 PM
it all comes down to when HSN "runs" the credit card regardless of which card you use.

If I make a purchase with my mastercard at 4 different stores it is not on my master card until it is "ran" in those cases it is instant when I use the card.

flex pays are supposed to be "ran" separately. the credit card should not know about #2, #3, etc until it is "ran" on the card

I see this as an HSN problem.

I have not experienced this problem.....YET, when I do I will be livid.

I had a problem with another cc company posting refunds, (refund in excess of $200.) the company had informed the cc of the refund, I had the date and a reference number from the company. After two weeks of not seeing the refund online I called the cc company, they told me it would be in the next billing cycle. I threatened to call BBB, Attorney Gen. office, federal trade commission and anyone else I thought would listen and tell me who I should call. The refunds were posted within the next 24 hours. This was only being held up to keep the balance higher for the computation of the interest, illegal.

I don't know if HSN has this or not. QVC under my account has their flex pays listed, it is clear when each payment is scheduled to be "ran" you can even change which card you want payments billed to.
AQUAFINA | Inspirer 2 | 10.03.2009 3:24 PM
Thanks for posting this. For a split second, I thought of obtaining an HSN card. I think NOT. I've used flex pay before but on a regular cc. I didn't have the problems everyone had.
susie1130 | Admirer 2 | 10.01.2009 9:40 PM
I think I may know what is throwing some people off. Flex pays are billed every 30 days. So, in any month with 31 days the payment date will go back one day. If your first payment is Aug. 15 , for example, the next one will be due on Sept. 14 because there are 31 days in Aug. The next one will be due on Oct 14 because there are only 30 day in Sept. They go by days , not callender months. When you place your order online, it will list what days the flex payments will come out. Just keep track of the months with 31 days and you will remember that the payment will come out one day earlier during those months. HTH
starsdancing | Admirer 3 | 10.01.2009 8:29 PM
Hitsville, on my HSN statement it doesn't matter what date it falls on. If your first flex pay charge was on the 20th than flex pay 2 and 3 should be on the 20th of the falling months. Not with the HSN charge card, though. For that item they will bill you flex pay number one and flex pay number two in the same month. It defeats the whole purpose of flex pays. I have had this happen to me before and the order dates were different dates. I have been shopping with QVC since day one and this has never happened with QVC.
HITSVILLE | Inspirer 2 | 10.01.2009 5:29 AM
That's weird. I never use the HSN card. But on my billing statement for my card, which draws from checking, I will see charges for 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3, but they all fall on the original date of purchase, say the 13th of the month.

if the charges were on the last day of the month, which fluctuates, that would be the issue I think, because your billing period changes. like, if you ordered a product on the 31st, and next month only has 30 days you will be charged 2 of 2 on the 30th, not the 1st. If your billing period ends on the last day of the month, that is going to happen for flexpays started on the last day.

I don't know, that is confusing and I'm not sure I made any sense there. I don't think any bank will remove a charge unless it was not authorized, which of course you have to do when you choose flexpay. He at least removed the interest which is good. If you want to use the card in the future, I am sure you can call the bank and ask that your billing period be changed so this doesn't happen again. Most companies will do that, even my car loans and stuff will. What they won't do is extend a billing period. It's just confusing and frustrating.

That would be the same for auto-shipments, if you set one up on the 31st, you can expect some to be charged on the 30th unless you change the date in advance.

Meanwhile, it doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy, does it?

Here's what the official statement is:

Authorizing Installment Payments

For FlexPay and AutoShip orders placed using a debit card, we are required to obtain your authorization to debit your account on an installment basis.

This Order Review page shows a summary of the charges that will be made to your debit card in the future. We recommend you print this page so you know when the charges will be made and when the funds will be automatically withdrawn from your bank account.

Please click the authorization checkbox, then click the "process order" button to complete your purchase.
starsdancing | Admirer 3 | 10.01.2009 4:28 AM
Well. guess it wasn't just me, that is sad. I called CS and they were no help, so I was transferred to the "bank" and I told him what I basically stated in my earlier post and that I am not paying interest on the payment for 2 of 2 this month! I told him it was deceiving and misleading when flex pay is offered and then the total price of the product(s) are billed on the same statement! I really don't care that the purchases sometimes fall where is a 30 day window. As I said before, that is not my problem, they should roll over the balance in to the next statement, hence the flex pay??? I asked him what he intended to do to make this fair for both of us being that he obviously could not remove the 2 portion of the flex pay. He agreed to credit me the interest that it would have accrued. I felt that was fair, but everyone beware... I have never had problem w/my HSN card before... but I do always go over all credit card statements w/a fine tooth comb....thx for everyone's input... very interesting...

That is terrible you had to go through such a hassle. The sad thing is though HSN heavily promotes this card on-air, they don't care if customers are being deceived. For me the solution will be not to use it. I have been shopping with HSN since the 1980's and I no longer trust HSN. All the changes at HSN over the last year have been negative ones.
devia | Inspirer 1 | 10.01.2009 2:20 AM
yes very interesting for-sure....](*,)
shegirl | Admirer | 09.30.2009 9:39 PM
Well. guess it wasn't just me, that is sad. I called CS and they were no help, so I was transferred to the "bank" and I told him what I basically stated in my earlier post and that I am not paying interest on the payment for 2 of 2 this month! I told him it was deceiving and misleading when flex pay is offered and then the total price of the product(s) are billed on the same statement! I really don't care that the purchases sometimes fall where is a 30 day window. As I said before, that is not my problem, they should roll over the balance in to the next statement, hence the flex pay??? I asked him what he intended to do to make this fair for both of us being that he obviously could not remove the 2 portion of the flex pay. He agreed to credit me the interest that it would have accrued. I felt that was fair, but everyone beware... I have never had problem w/my HSN card before... but I do always go over all credit card statements w/a fine tooth comb....thx for everyone's input... very interesting...
starsdancing | Admirer 3 | 09.30.2009 7:55 PM
I was going to do a post stating beware of HSN's credit card. I have never had this problem until HSN changed credit card companies. I used the HSN credit card to purchase an item on flex pay. Two or three times now I have been charged more than one flex pay on my monthly statement. It happened again this month. I ordered an item with 3 flex pays and 2 of the flex pays were charged in one month. I have never had this problem with QVC. I no longer trust the HSN credit card and do not plan to use it again.
devia | Inspirer 1 | 09.30.2009 7:32 PM
my hubby told me never to use the flex-pay as it's to confusing and i would never get them paid...that's all i know!!!!=d> :d/ [-x
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
shegirl

Flex pay and statements?

Hi, I haven't posted in so long, and never experienced this before, but I purchased a couple of items in August, chose flex pay x2... receivd my most recent statement and there are separate charges for all the flexpays??? I guess I'm saying rather than per my choice to be billed as normal in 2 months the entire purchase price of the items are in 1 statement but listed as 1 of 2 then 2 of 2?? That just rubs me the wrong way. That is the reason I chose the flex pay... if I wanted to pay for it all in one payment I would have purchased the items straight out. Does anyone agree or have you experienced this problem? I feel like of mislead. I do understand 30 day billing, but in all fairness to the customer, they should have rolled the 2 of 2 in the next billing period in my opinion... ok now that I 've vented....
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
devia

RE: Flex pay and statements?

my hubby told me never to use the flex-pay as it's to confusing and i would never get them paid...that's all i know!!!!=d> :d/ [-x
"smile it's free"!!! "gotta -love-it" !!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
starsdancing

I was going to do a post stating beware of HSN's credit card. I have never had this problem until HSN changed credit card companies. I used the HSN credit card to purchase an item on flex pay. Two or three times now I have been charged more than one flex pay on my monthly statement. It happened again this month. I ordered an item with 3 flex pays and 2 of the flex pays were charged in one month. I have never had this problem with QVC. I no longer trust the HSN credit card and do not plan to use it again.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
shegirl

Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
devia

yes very interesting for-sure....](*,)
"smile it's free"!!! "gotta -love-it" !!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
starsdancing

That is terrible you had to go through such a hassle. The sad thing is though HSN heavily promotes this card on-air, they don't care if customers are being deceived. For me the solution will be not to use it. I have been shopping with HSN since the 1980's and I no longer trust HSN. All the changes at HSN over the last year have been negative ones.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
HITSVILLE

That's weird. I never use the HSN card. But on my billing statement for my card, which draws from checking, I will see charges for 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3, but they all fall on the original date of purchase, say the 13th of the month.

if the charges were on the last day of the month, which fluctuates, that would be the issue I think, because your billing period changes. like, if you ordered a product on the 31st, and next month only has 30 days you will be charged 2 of 2 on the 30th, not the 1st. If your billing period ends on the last day of the month, that is going to happen for flexpays started on the last day.

I don't know, that is confusing and I'm not sure I made any sense there. I don't think any bank will remove a charge unless it was not authorized, which of course you have to do when you choose flexpay. He at least removed the interest which is good. If you want to use the card in the future, I am sure you can call the bank and ask that your billing period be changed so this doesn't happen again. Most companies will do that, even my car loans and stuff will. What they won't do is extend a billing period. It's just confusing and frustrating.

That would be the same for auto-shipments, if you set one up on the 31st, you can expect some to be charged on the 30th unless you change the date in advance.

Meanwhile, it doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy, does it?

Here's what the official statement is:

Authorizing Installment Payments

For FlexPay and AutoShip orders placed using a debit card, we are required to obtain your authorization to debit your account on an installment basis.

This Order Review page shows a summary of the charges that will be made to your debit card in the future. We recommend you print this page so you know when the charges will be made and when the funds will be automatically withdrawn from your bank account.

Please click the authorization checkbox, then click the "process order" button to complete your purchase.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
starsdancing

Hitsville, on my HSN statement it doesn't matter what date it falls on. If your first flex pay charge was on the 20th than flex pay 2 and 3 should be on the 20th of the falling months. Not with the HSN charge card, though. For that item they will bill you flex pay number one and flex pay number two in the same month. It defeats the whole purpose of flex pays. I have had this happen to me before and the order dates were different dates. I have been shopping with QVC since day one and this has never happened with QVC.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
susie1130

I think I may know what is throwing some people off. Flex pays are billed every 30 days. So, in any month with 31 days the payment date will go back one day. If your first payment is Aug. 15 , for example, the next one will be due on Sept. 14 because there are 31 days in Aug. The next one will be due on Oct 14 because there are only 30 day in Sept. They go by days , not callender months. When you place your order online, it will list what days the flex payments will come out. Just keep track of the months with 31 days and you will remember that the payment will come out one day earlier during those months. HTH
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
AQUAFINA

Thanks for posting this. For a split second, I thought of obtaining an HSN card. I think NOT. I've used flex pay before but on a regular cc. I didn't have the problems everyone had.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
24 Replies
09.30.2009 7:25 PM
0 Smiles
11 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...