flashyfingers | Admirer | 04.02.2011 4:30 PM
I received an email from HSN saying that there was a security breach and some of my info, but not financial info, was accessed by an unauthorized party. This email did not ask for any of my info nor asked me to click on anything. I am suspecting it is fradulent but wondered if anyone else has received this.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
luckydog47 | Admirer 2 | 04.03.2011 2:49 AM
I have not received this email, and I looked through my spam folder, and even trash, thinking I may have deleted it..I will check my bank account, but I don't have any HSN stuff pending..I did find another site where I could buy my semi-mounts for my gemstone collection and ordered 3 ring settings. I am curious to see what the quality is when I get them, as this is my first order from them..

Just checked my bank..all is well...Don't know what to think about your emails..:-k

Edited 4-9-11

Just a day or two after I posted this, I got the email. The hackers did not get any personal info, just name and email, so be safe with your email..Don't respond to any email from HSN...and never sign in with your password through an email..Go to the website..That is just good common sense when using the internet. I buy from alot of sites, so I get alot of spam, expecially from people at Craigs List.

There is a seperated server for cc #, personal info, like address, etc..so it wasn't hacked..JUST THE EMAIL..
AprilShowers | Admirer 3 | 04.03.2011 1:45 AM
I guess Epsilon is some sort of third party email service used by HSN.
AprilShowers | Admirer 3 | 04.03.2011 1:12 AM
Does anyone know exactly what Epsilon does. I read something about a market business. Do you think they have our e-mail addresses and names because HSN sold our information to this business. I called CS and they said they sent the e-mails.

However, since someone could have potentially retrieved our email addresses and names, I think it's possible that phishing emails could come next. So, I'd be careful about any e-mails asking you to click links or to do anything which requests you to log on to a site, even if it looks legit.

We used to get phishing emails that looked exactly like they came from Ebay. My husband knew right away they were phishing emails because they were asking us to log on to our account by clicking on some link. He said companys won't send emails like that.
sami60 | New Friend | 04.03.2011 12:30 AM
Yes I received this email as well and was suspicious it is a phishing scam. I forwarded it to customer service.

Has anyone heard anything from customer service about its authenticity?

After reading the earlier posts I googled Epsilon email and saw this:

Epsilon Notifies Clients of Unauthorized Entry into Email System

IRVING, TEXAS – April 1, 2011 - On March 30th, an incident was detected where a subset of Epsilon clients' customer data were exposed by an unauthorized entry into Epsilon's email system. The information that was obtained was limited to email addresses and/or customer names only. A rigorous assessment determined that no other personal identifiable information associated with those names was at risk. A full investigation is currently underway.
JAG70 | Admirer 3 | 04.03.2011 12:01 AM
Yes i too received one today. Am really very disturbed about getting this.

Also saw this on the Qvc community.

Will be calling hsn on Monday.

:-&
Ginosa | Inspirer 1 | 04.02.2011 11:47 PM
I received one too!How can something like this happen?
DeAnnaV | Admirer 3 | 04.02.2011 7:00 PM
Actually that is pretty interesting because the day before yesterday my checking account had bogus weird charges on it that was 8 deep..apparently my bank caught it because they all showed zeros by the time i saw it. I had a few hsn transactions this past week as well and these followed two legit hsn charges.
Harkpd | Admirer 1 | 04.02.2011 5:28 PM
Yes I received this one too... Looks Legit.
SEACHELL | Admirer 1 | 04.02.2011 5:25 PM
Yes, I got one, too!
indira | Admirer 2 | 04.02.2011 4:44 PM
I received an email from HSN saying that there was a security breach and some of my info, but not financial info, was accessed by an unauthorized party. This email did not ask for any of my info nor asked me to click on anything. I am suspecting it is fradulent but wondered if anyone else has received this.

I got the same email and I'm pretty sure it's legitimate. If you google "Epsilon email", there is news about JPMorgan Chase and Krogers announcing the same problem. However they put the news on their websites as well as notifying customers thru email. So far the HSN site has made no mention of it.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
flashyfingers

E-mail from HSN--anybody else get this?

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
indira

RE: E-mail from HSN--anybody else get this?

I got the same email and I'm pretty sure it's legitimate. If you google "Epsilon email", there is news about JPMorgan Chase and Krogers announcing the same problem. However they put the news on their websites as well as notifying customers thru email. So far the HSN site has made no mention of it.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
SEACHELL

Yes, I got one, too!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Harkpd

Yes I received this one too... Looks Legit.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
DeAnnaV

Actually that is pretty interesting because the day before yesterday my checking account had bogus weird charges on it that was 8 deep..apparently my bank caught it because they all showed zeros by the time i saw it. I had a few hsn transactions this past week as well and these followed two legit hsn charges.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
Ginosa

I received one too!How can something like this happen?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
JAG70

Yes i too received one today. Am really very disturbed about getting this.

Also saw this on the Qvc community.

Will be calling hsn on Monday.

:-&
Please use plain text.
New Friend
sami60

Yes I received this email as well and was suspicious it is a phishing scam. I forwarded it to customer service.

Has anyone heard anything from customer service about its authenticity?

After reading the earlier posts I googled Epsilon email and saw this:

Epsilon Notifies Clients of Unauthorized Entry into Email System

IRVING, TEXAS – April 1, 2011 - On March 30th, an incident was detected where a subset of Epsilon clients' customer data were exposed by an unauthorized entry into Epsilon's email system. The information that was obtained was limited to email addresses and/or customer names only. A rigorous assessment determined that no other personal identifiable information associated with those names was at risk. A full investigation is currently underway.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
AprilShowers

Does anyone know exactly what Epsilon does. I read something about a market business. Do you think they have our e-mail addresses and names because HSN sold our information to this business. I called CS and they said they sent the e-mails.

However, since someone could have potentially retrieved our email addresses and names, I think it's possible that phishing emails could come next. So, I'd be careful about any e-mails asking you to click links or to do anything which requests you to log on to a site, even if it looks legit.

We used to get phishing emails that looked exactly like they came from Ebay. My husband knew right away they were phishing emails because they were asking us to log on to our account by clicking on some link. He said companys won't send emails like that.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
AprilShowers

I guess Epsilon is some sort of third party email service used by HSN.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
34 Replies
04.02.2011 4:30 PM
0 Smiles
27 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...