Unhappy153 | Admirer | 10.19.2010 9:04 PM
CLOSED MY HSN ACCOUNT 10-17-2010 & WILL ONLY BE ORDERING FROM QVC DUE TO WHAT I FEEL IS THE TOTAL LACK OF VALUE THAT HSN APPEARS TO PLACE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. After purchasing a Everly Originals photo packet for $275.95 on 2-3-2008 I mailed my cherished family photos to Everly 1-2009. These photos included the last family photos taken of my mother at Christmas before she passed away. I lost track of the fact that I had not receive my oil portrait until the other day. I quickly called HSN & spoke to a woman in customer service. She was able to find my order and asked me when I had sent my photos into Everly. She also stated that she would put in a request for my credit and told me to call back in 3 - 4 days to see how the credit was progressing. I did call back in a couple of days and to my amazement HSN was unable to find my original order and there were no notations that I had called or that a request was put in for a credit. I was told to call 1-727-872-2500 if I wanted to talk to someone about my concerns (which ended up being a number where you leave messages). Marie (Employee #50192) from customer service called me 3 DAYS LATER and said that Everly was out of business and that I had had a year to send in my photos. I told her that I had sent the photos but never received my portrait back. Debbie appeared to question my honesty by stating that how did HSN know that I was telling the truth. I then told her that I hadn't even know that there was a time frame of 1 year to send in my originals. I told her that it appeared that HSN was placing more value on the $275.95 instead of customer service and she said that that was exactly what she was saying and that HSN could not AND WOULD NOT help me and she said good-bye and hung up on me. Please understand - in today's economy and trying times - if $275.95 means more to HSN than their customer's do - what does that say about HSN. I don't remember Marie telling me when Everly went out of business or where the 1 year time frame was indicated in the original packet received with my order. I advised Marie (Employee #50192) to close my HSN Account and am now asking for help from anyone who is in the position to help me. I am not only out the $275.95, I am out precious family photos that can never be replaced and feel as if I have been given a back-hand by a company that I have dealt with for years and had previously felt was a reputable company that stood behind their products and were dedicated to providing excellent customer service.

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
mistygirl25 | Admirer 2 | 10.27.2010 5:30 PM
#-I'm a little confused. Why would the credit card company issue the refund? HSN is the one who received the money for the portrait from the credit card company. You paid for the portrait thru your credit card company. HSN is still the one who received the money in the end. If the credit card company issued the refund then they would be out $275, not HSN. You generally have 90 days to dispute a charge on your card and if you win the dispute, the credit co. will refund your money, but they in turn retrieve it from the disputed compny's charge. Because of the time frame of your purchase, you can not dispute the charge, so the refund must come from HSN.
itsybitsyspider | Admirer 2 | 10.27.2010 5:25 PM
I have to agree with JEWELME on this-I think complaints that were filed in a resonable time frame were resolved.

You took too long to follow up on this and you need to accept responsibility too. Look at how much aggrevation and turmoil you have caused yourself all because you let this go on for so long. I feel bad you lost your money and your dear photographs-but 2 1/2 years after you make your last flex-pay??

HSN's customer service isn't always the greatest-but they seem to work with the customer to help fix any issues.

Unhappy153 | Admirer | 10.27.2010 10:09 AM
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to let you know that I do have my original paperwork for the Everly Orignal Oil Portrait. I have my order number, order date and a copy of the Flexpay Schedule showing the following charges to my credit card totaling $275.95:

2-5-2008 $76.75
3-6-2008 $49.80
4-5-2008 $49.80
5-5-2008 $49.80
6-4-2008 $49.80

I want everyone to know that this information was given to the first person that I spoke with in customer service and that is how she was able to view my original order. BUT 3 DAYS LATER when I called back, there was no record of my order number or the fact that I had made an inquiry or that a request had been put in to my credit card company for a refund. I just feel uneasy with the fact that my order and payment history had somehow VANISHED within a 3 day time frame. This is just one of the many reasons that I will NO LONGER be dealing with HSN. In today's times, I believe that a customer has a right to feel 100% that they are dealing with honest and reputable companies that they can turn to should they have issues or concerns. My credit card company said that I have 90 days from the time a charge is applied to my account to file a complaint and that they could not help me. They are the ones that suggested that I seek help from the Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau. Thanks in advance for taking the time out of your busy lives to try and help me with my problem!!!
adwriter | Admirer 2 | 10.27.2010 9:01 AM
[-x I totally disagree that the problem with your refund has nothing to do with HSN. If HSN is the one who received the money for the order, whether by credit card or check and the one who the order was placed with, then they are the ones who are responsible for refunding the money. HSN took the order and the money for the portrait to be done eventually by Everly. HSN was representing Everly! IN essence, Adwriter is saying that any orders you place with HSN, they are not responsible if the company defaults on the order. HSN has already said that they did have a record of the order during the first conversation and would refund the money. The second Rep spoken with claims that she could not find any record of the order. The bottom line is: the portrait was paid for, ( to HSN) but never received by the customer. ( whatever contract HSN had with Everly is no concern to the customer as all monies went directly to HSN) :-s

While any company should always try and please their customer, the customer also has to keep a record of their purchase (copies of credit card statements and cancelled checks)- should something like this happen. Even with today's high tech - records do get wiped off computers. I strongly suggest - as I did in my first reply - that the credit card company or bank be contacted asap - and asked for a
copy of that check or statement.
It doesn't matter what HSN said the first or second time - the customer has to show proof of purchase before a solution can be found. What I suggested is so simple. Once this proof is found - it can be mailed, along w a letter to HSN.
There must have been a miscommunication, because I never said who is or isn't responsible. I was stating that the main 'problem' has to do w not having any sort of receipt, and that is the responsibility of the customer, not HSN. I'm certainly not stating the poster did this - but, without some sort of record - anyone can call a company one, two three years later or more - and demand money for something they never purchased.
mistygirl25 | Admirer 2 | 10.26.2010 11:33 PM
[-x I totally disagree that the problem with your refund has nothing to do with HSN. If HSN is the one who received the money for the order, whether by credit card or check and the one who the order was placed with, then they are the ones who are responsible for refunding the money. HSN took the order and the money for the portrait to be done eventually by Everly. HSN was representing Everly! IN essence, Adwriter is saying that any orders you place with HSN, they are not responsible if the company defaults on the order. HSN has already said that they did have a record of the order during the first conversation and would refund the money. The second Rep spoken with claims that she could not find any record of the order. The bottom line is: the portrait was paid for, ( to HSN) but never received by the customer. ( whatever contract HSN had with Everly is no concern to the customer as all monies went directly to HSN) :-s
adwriter | Admirer 2 | 10.26.2010 10:41 PM
At the very least, call your credit card company - and ask them for a copy of the bill you were sent that included charges for the portrait. Or, if you sent a check - call your bank and ask for a copy. You should know approximately when you made the purchase - and I believe the time frame is close enough - so you can receive a copy - either from the credit card company or the bank.

I feel badly for you, however I can't imagine making a purchase for that amount of money - a sentimental one at that - and not keeping any record of that purchase. The problem here has nothing to do with HSN - but, unfortunately - the fact that you haven't copies of anything with dates - to seek some sort of answer.
Unhappy153 | Admirer | 10.25.2010 10:52 PM
I want to keep everyone updated on my Everly Portrait issue. I have filed a complaint with both the Pennsylvania and Florida Attorney General offices. I have also filed a complaint with the Florida Better Business Bureau and I have posted 2 rip-off reports with Rip-Off Reports. As I was filing my 2 Rip-Off Reports I was able to click on a link to have my case considered by the Judge Alex show. All of the report filing was done on line and was very simple to do should anyone else be having issues and, or concerns with HSN, Inc. Also, I am not sure why but a comment that had been posted to my message regarding Corporate Greed was somehow deleted. Not sure how or why that happened, but it most certainly did happen. Thanks for taking the time to read my messages. Almost forgot to tell everyone that HSN, Inc. has been unable to answer the following 3 questions for me: When did Everly Portraits go out of business, where exactly did it state in the packet that I received from HSN, Inc. for the Everly Portrait that I only had 1 year to submit my photos and was HSN, Inc. aware that Everly Portraits was going out of business as they were still selling the Everly Portraits on air. Take Care, Unhappy 153
TC93 | Admirer 2 | 10.24.2010 7:06 AM
I would think HSN is partly responsible for it, as they obviously had to have pocketed some of that money for themselves. Searching google and there are other older HSN threads about this. Maybe ask the Better Business Bureau.

There are a lot of comments on the ripoffreport also... including one (dated 6-29-2009) which includes a reply from someone who claims to have worked for Everly Originals. I'd post a link, but HSN doesn't allow links here, I wonder why.

That person went on to say/claim that their computers were hacked at that business, and thousands of orders were deleted. If you search ripoffreport you should be able to find it.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Its not something you would expect would happen.
joey15 | New Friend | 10.22.2010 7:40 PM
Talk about corporate greed!!!
luvalatte | Admirer 2 | 10.20.2010 4:20 PM
This helps me---
Keep all e-mails from the company you order from. Don't delete them until you receive the item(s).
This will help you to remember what you've ordered. ex.--size,color, payment method
Good luck to you
mistygirl25 | Admirer 2 | 10.20.2010 3:31 PM
:-k If HSN was the one who charged the credit card and was representing the company, then they should be the one to refund. HSN should have a record of all orders placed! We never know what has transpired in one's life to make them forget something of importance. I do have to agree about the " use of the copying machine"
I make copies of everything. I strongly feel that it was HSN's responsibility to notify all customers who had placed an order with Everly about the state of their company and issued refunds. I know that when QVC recalls an itme they have sold, they notify all customers who purchased the item and refunds their money. I hope you can get this situation resolved.;-);
JEWELME | Inspirer 1 | 10.20.2010 1:38 AM
All due respect, but it has been over 2 1/2 YEARS since you ordered the portrait!!! And you didn't wonder about it before now???? If the photos were so precious, why in the WORLD would you send them, without making copies? I can't imagine anyone would do that! And why wouldn't you have missed them in 2 1/2 years, if they were so precious????? I can understand HSN's reluctance to believe this situation! I also ordered a large portrait from Everly, and before I sent my photos, discovered that they went out of business. I contacted HSN, and they were very gracious and returned my money. Many, Many people were given refunds, after HSN spoke to the company to know whether or not they had received their painting. There is no way that HSN could contact Everly at this time, as they have been out of business for almost 3 years! I don't know what you would expect HSN to do now? I think you would have difficulty getting a different resolution at this time, no matter who you contacted. JMHO
mistygirl25 | Admirer 2 | 10.20.2010 12:49 AM
I am sincerely sorry to hear of your situation with HSN and the Everly Co. I gave my husband a painting of our pets for Christmas and fortunate for us I've now learned, that he received it before the Co. went out of business. As for the rudness of HSN, I too experienced a situation where HSN was at fault, and The Rep. hung up on me.( I was totally shocked). I would call HSN Customer Service again and ask to talk with a Supervisor. Tell them that since they are not willing to help you in your situation, and they are the company that was representing the Everly Co. that you are filing a complaint with your state Attorney General's Office and the Attorney General of Florida. Also, since your brother-in-law is your attorney, tell them that you are turning the matter over to him since you pay no legal fees.
$275 is a good amount of money to just give away. Wishing you much good luck!=8> OH, my son-in-law filed a complaint against a company in our state with the Attorney General's Office and we were amazed at how fast they responded and acted on it.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
Unhappy153

CLOSED HSN ACCOUNT & WILL DEAL ONLY WITH QVC

CLOSED MY HSN ACCOUNT 10-17-2010 & WILL ONLY BE ORDERING FROM QVC DUE TO WHAT I FEEL IS THE TOTAL LACK OF VALUE THAT HSN APPEARS TO PLACE ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. After purchasing a Everly Originals photo packet for $275.95 on 2-3-2008 I mailed my cherished family photos to Everly 1-2009. These photos included the last family photos taken of my mother at Christmas before she passed away. I lost track of the fact that I had not receive my oil portrait until the other day. I quickly called HSN & spoke to a woman in customer service. She was able to find my order and asked me when I had sent my photos into Everly. She also stated that she would put in a request for my credit and told me to call back in 3 - 4 days to see how the credit was progressing. I did call back in a couple of days and to my amazement HSN was unable to find my original order and there were no notations that I had called or that a request was put in for a credit. I was told to call 1-727-872-2500 if I wanted to talk to someone about my concerns (which ended up being a number where you leave messages). Marie (Employee #50192) from customer service called me 3 DAYS LATER and said that Everly was out of business and that I had had a year to send in my photos. I told her that I had sent the photos but never received my portrait back. Debbie appeared to question my honesty by stating that how did HSN know that I was telling the truth. I then told her that I hadn't even know that there was a time frame of 1 year to send in my originals. I told her that it appeared that HSN was placing more value on the $275.95 instead of customer service and she said that that was exactly what she was saying and that HSN could not AND WOULD NOT help me and she said good-bye and hung up on me. Please understand - in today's economy and trying times - if $275.95 means more to HSN than their customer's do - what does that say about HSN. I don't remember Marie telling me when Everly went out of business or where the 1 year time frame was indicated in the original packet received with my order. I advised Marie (Employee #50192) to close my HSN Account and am now asking for help from anyone who is in the position to help me. I am not only out the $275.95, I am out precious family photos that can never be replaced and feel as if I have been given a back-hand by a company that I have dealt with for years and had previously felt was a reputable company that stood behind their products and were dedicated to providing excellent customer service.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mistygirl25

RE: CLOSED HSN ACCOUNT & WILL DEAL ONLY WITH QVC

I am sincerely sorry to hear of your situation with HSN and the Everly Co. I gave my husband a painting of our pets for Christmas and fortunate for us I've now learned, that he received it before the Co. went out of business. As for the rudness of HSN, I too experienced a situation where HSN was at fault, and The Rep. hung up on me.( I was totally shocked). I would call HSN Customer Service again and ask to talk with a Supervisor. Tell them that since they are not willing to help you in your situation, and they are the company that was representing the Everly Co. that you are filing a complaint with your state Attorney General's Office and the Attorney General of Florida. Also, since your brother-in-law is your attorney, tell them that you are turning the matter over to him since you pay no legal fees.
$275 is a good amount of money to just give away. Wishing you much good luck!=8> OH, my son-in-law filed a complaint against a company in our state with the Attorney General's Office and we were amazed at how fast they responded and acted on it.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
JEWELME

All due respect, but it has been over 2 1/2 YEARS since you ordered the portrait!!! And you didn't wonder about it before now???? If the photos were so precious, why in the WORLD would you send them, without making copies? I can't imagine anyone would do that! And why wouldn't you have missed them in 2 1/2 years, if they were so precious????? I can understand HSN's reluctance to believe this situation! I also ordered a large portrait from Everly, and before I sent my photos, discovered that they went out of business. I contacted HSN, and they were very gracious and returned my money. Many, Many people were given refunds, after HSN spoke to the company to know whether or not they had received their painting. There is no way that HSN could contact Everly at this time, as they have been out of business for almost 3 years! I don't know what you would expect HSN to do now? I think you would have difficulty getting a different resolution at this time, no matter who you contacted. JMHO
Everyone has the will to win but only a few have the will to prepare
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mistygirl25

:-k If HSN was the one who charged the credit card and was representing the company, then they should be the one to refund. HSN should have a record of all orders placed! We never know what has transpired in one's life to make them forget something of importance. I do have to agree about the " use of the copying machine"
I make copies of everything. I strongly feel that it was HSN's responsibility to notify all customers who had placed an order with Everly about the state of their company and issued refunds. I know that when QVC recalls an itme they have sold, they notify all customers who purchased the item and refunds their money. I hope you can get this situation resolved.;-);
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
luvalatte

This helps me---
Keep all e-mails from the company you order from. Don't delete them until you receive the item(s).
This will help you to remember what you've ordered. ex.--size,color, payment method
Good luck to you
Please use plain text.
New Friend
joey15

Talk about corporate greed!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TC93

I would think HSN is partly responsible for it, as they obviously had to have pocketed some of that money for themselves. Searching google and there are other older HSN threads about this. Maybe ask the Better Business Bureau.

There are a lot of comments on the ripoffreport also... including one (dated 6-29-2009) which includes a reply from someone who claims to have worked for Everly Originals. I'd post a link, but HSN doesn't allow links here, I wonder why.

That person went on to say/claim that their computers were hacked at that business, and thousands of orders were deleted. If you search ripoffreport you should be able to find it.

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Its not something you would expect would happen.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Unhappy153

I want to keep everyone updated on my Everly Portrait issue. I have filed a complaint with both the Pennsylvania and Florida Attorney General offices. I have also filed a complaint with the Florida Better Business Bureau and I have posted 2 rip-off reports with Rip-Off Reports. As I was filing my 2 Rip-Off Reports I was able to click on a link to have my case considered by the Judge Alex show. All of the report filing was done on line and was very simple to do should anyone else be having issues and, or concerns with HSN, Inc. Also, I am not sure why but a comment that had been posted to my message regarding Corporate Greed was somehow deleted. Not sure how or why that happened, but it most certainly did happen. Thanks for taking the time to read my messages. Almost forgot to tell everyone that HSN, Inc. has been unable to answer the following 3 questions for me: When did Everly Portraits go out of business, where exactly did it state in the packet that I received from HSN, Inc. for the Everly Portrait that I only had 1 year to submit my photos and was HSN, Inc. aware that Everly Portraits was going out of business as they were still selling the Everly Portraits on air. Take Care, Unhappy 153
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
adwriter

At the very least, call your credit card company - and ask them for a copy of the bill you were sent that included charges for the portrait. Or, if you sent a check - call your bank and ask for a copy. You should know approximately when you made the purchase - and I believe the time frame is close enough - so you can receive a copy - either from the credit card company or the bank.

I feel badly for you, however I can't imagine making a purchase for that amount of money - a sentimental one at that - and not keeping any record of that purchase. The problem here has nothing to do with HSN - but, unfortunately - the fact that you haven't copies of anything with dates - to seek some sort of answer.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
mistygirl25

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
13 Replies
10.19.2010 9:04 PM
0 Smiles
8 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...