Admirer 2
ladybarber

vacuum help

please answer-----i am a low income seniorand cant afford any more dumb mistakes--my 1 yr old vac died a slo death i cant afforda dyson so am looking at a shark navigator as seen on infomercial and the bissell lift off pet one i cant find any reviews anywhere..do any of you have one of these its hard buying unseen
god bless and thank you
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
tigriss

RE: vacuum help

I have the Shark Infinity vac that came before the Shark Navigator, extremely similar. I got mine on special at Targ*$ because someone returned it for a Dyson without using it but unboxed it (I had just moved into my place so saving money was an issue), but WM now has them for $154. It is like the Dyson, but I needed something larger, so I got the Dyson DC27 from Sams, same as the SC28 without all the carpet selector levels but a bit over $100 cheaper. I still have my Infinity and use it in the den and laundry room for quick picups as my Dyson is kept on the other side of the house where the bulk of my carpeted rooms and bird cage is. The Infinity picked up very well and has washable Hepa filters just like the Dyson and can be taken apart just like the Dyson. It is considerably smaller, so if you have weight lifting restrictions, it would be a good option to the Dyson. I have no plans of getting rid of mine since it does a great job!! Check out WM for price as it is considerable cheaper than other stores....
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ladybarber

thank you for taking the time to answer-i realy found it a help
God Bless
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
jeannellen

I have a Dyson and hate it. It is very heavy and difficult to use. I, also, have the shark navigator. It is good for light surface cleaning but doesn't seem to get deep into the carpet. My nephew has the Bissell pet and likes it. Hoover has a bagless vacuum, cannot remember the model name (sorry), and it did a good job. My hoover broke after quite a number of years, and I replaced it with the Dyson. big mistake!!! I like Hoover.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ladybarber

you guys have been a great help.last year i was at my daughters and used her oreck ive never seen a vac to match that one it even fluffed the nap......but i cant afford that right now ---i guess ittl be the bissell debbie

Please use plain text.
Admirer
sdwilkins

I own a cleaning company. Owned 2 orecks and both broke a little over a year after I got them. Would not buy another. I disagree about the dyson. It is heavy but it cleans unbelievable. It has never let me down over the last 4 years. As far as the price of the dyson I got a good deal on both of mine because my husband works at lowes and each christmas they give us good coupons for 40% off on the dysons. This year I will get the ball. They do have the smaller one that is really light but it is too small for me to use in my business. If you keep an eye out on woot.com they sell a lot of refurbished dysons (they are usually just returns that are still new) for a really good discounted price. The money I have saved in belts bags and filters has been great.

you guys have been a great help.last year i was at my daughters and used her oreck ive never seen a vac to match that one it even fluffed the nap......but i cant afford that right now ---i guess ittl be the bissell debbie

Please use plain text.
New Friend
24chic

I am no expert, but I have owned a cleaning company for over 9yrs. now. I have used many vacuum cleaners over the years. I now have 2 Hoover bagless, 2 Eureka 1 w/bag 1 bagless, 2 Panasonic w/bag and 2 Bissell Powerforce bagless. The Hoover's and Eurekas both loss suction quick and now shoot dirt out the back of the vacuum. I really like my Panasonic's. I broke the handle on my favorite one and it can't be fixed because it is over 10yrs. old. The other is not that old but it still is a really good vac. The 2 Bissell Powerforce bagless are the ones I use the most. One in my house, one for work. They are light weight have good suction and are under $100.00. Others I have used and will not buy for myself are the Dyson, I hate this vac. It does not pick up very well on low pile carpet and the attachment handle really needs to be redesigned. Oreck works okay and is light weight. Rainbow works well but is time consuming and VERY expensive. Electrolux canister works great but is awkward to use. Kirby is way to heavy. Never used a Dirt Devil that I liked. If I were going to buy a canister vac. it would be a Kenmore (Sears), works and moves well. I like the hardwood floor attachment. I also have an old Hoover steam vac. carpet cleaner that I really like. I know this is alot, but this comes from yrs. of experience.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
sylviai

Ladybarber:

I had a Phantom that also dies a slow death but I did enjoy the suction power it had. I was not willing to pay hundreds of dollars on a new vaumn so searched and found the Bissell Powerforce Turbo Bagless with 12 amps of power and Turbo Pet Brush for $69 on sale at walmart.

It is not a light weight vacumn but not too heavy either and performs excellent.
Peace!
Please use plain text.
Admirer
shaed999

I just bought the Shark Navigator and so far it works like a dream!! How it will work for anyone else, I don't know. All though I have pets, I have no children, so there's no one to track in alot of dirt, and I have area rugs instead of wall-to-wall carpeting. So, There's not a need for a heavy-duty machine. But I have been quite pleased with it and it suits my needs perfectly.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
PinkSugarty

I am a senior & in your boat. I bought the Bissell PowerForce on clearance at Wally World & it works great. Has the newer dirt cup that is very easy compared to the old PowerForce, 4 levels & all attachments. I don't need a Dyson for my small place.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.