Admirer 2
OHIOMOM6

Wolfgang Puck Versa Cooker - stopped working today! Any advice?

I've used the WP versa cooker about four times as of today. I was in the middle of making Italian sausage in the cooker and everything was going well. I went into the kitchen to check on the progress and voila, the power was off completely. I plugged the cooker into two other outlets, and still the same problem. Is there some sort of "Reset" button on the cooker? I can't find the instructions right now to check. Has anyone had this happen?

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BUBBO

RE: Wolfgang Puck Versa Cooker - stopped working today! Any advice?

no....but I would call C/S and try to get it replaced! Good luck.;-);
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
katey59

Oh please no I bought one a few weeks ago as a TSV and haven't even opened it yet.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
mamavita

Dear Ohio Mom....I just noticed your post and thought I'd add my experience...The very same thing happened to me today! I bought it about 3 weeks ago and have used it probably twice a week since and have really, really enjoyed it. I looked thru instruction manual and can find no troubleshooting on this subject. I'm thinking that there is something defective in the mechanism and am returning it asap. What a big disappointment! I'm not sure whether to get it replaced or just to go to William Sonoma and get their version...which unfortunately costs over double...but maybe it works for more than six times:-)
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
MaryWorth

Same thing happened to me with my WP rice cooker. I checked all the connections and everything seemed fine, but it had turned off. Then I happened to move the plug, just a hair, where it connects to the rice cooker (not the wall plug), and voila it turned on again. I hope that's what will fix it for you!
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

Oh, No... I haven't used mine that much...The WS store has a nice book, but ouch $35 for it - pretty expensive.

I wonder since this is Al-Clad and Emeril seems to be affiliated with Al-Clad - if he will be bringing his version of this turbocharged cooker??

I wonder if it is a fuse with this cooker. I know with some of the electric pressure cookers a fuse cut out...

I would return the cooker - rather than tinker with it. So sorry...
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

Read some of the reviews about the WS cooker - looks like there is an issue with the liner bubbling up...though the overall rating is 4
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

The AlClad one I saw on WS was identifed as a slow cooker - with a similar type insert like Wolfs, but you had to heat the insert on the stove and then slip it into the slow cooker, not like Wolfs there you just brown it in the unit.

Looks likes WS is also made in China - the earlier slower cooker I saw didn't get rated too well - about 2.8 stars...

Wish things were made better nowadays - sometimes paying more doesn't necessarily mean its better quality :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Mimi799

I bought the Versa cooker in the spring. Seemed like a very useful appliance. I didn't use it for over a month but when I tried it would not power up at all. Too late to return it and I can't find anywhere to get it repaired. Won't buy any more WP .
Please use plain text.
Admirer
Sunny1074

There has been so many problems with WP electric appliances. The commercial blender (Wanna-be Vitamix) has been catching fire. The stand mixer is too loud, shaky and the beaters don't reach to the bottem of the bowl. The hand mixer was a mess, the blades wouldn't eject and the cord retracter broke right away. On and on. I bought a refurbished pressure cooker from Overstock.com. So far, so good. I think you are better off getting refurbished as it has already been fixed!
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.