Admirer
DCLoveBug

Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven

I ordered this TSV and wondered if anyone else has a status of "Processing"? I have the option to cancel at this point and I am tempted to do so. Can anyone tell me if it's actually worth purchasing if they have actually used it?

Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
SALEM

RE: Wolfgang Puck Pressure Oven

Two days after I ordered it I checked the status and the delivery date was moved up to Nov 7th. I was unsure about the size of the oven so I canceled my order. I will wait, like some other posters, for the reviews and a bigger oven.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
lolamontez

I received my TSV oven within three days, but I live in Florida, so that may have something to do with it.

So far, I have made the rotisserie chicken which I found a little difficult to get onto the rotisserie rod but I think that ease with this will come with practice. I am no expert in trussing a chicken and that's a necessary talent. I would suggest no more than a 5 lb chicken when using the rotisserie as it may be too big and drag on the drip pan when turning.

I cooked my 4.75 lb chicken about 55 minutes under pressure as that's what the cookbook said to do and it was juicy and delicious, but may have been a little over-cooked. I need to get an instant read meat thermometer. Note that I didn't stuff mine with anything, so I should have probably cooked it about 45 minutes. The skin was not particularly crispy, except on the wings and top. I attribute this to the chicken being somewhat wet when I started. I have heard that you should keep your chicken in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 24 hours to dry it out before roasting it if you want crispy skin, so I'll try that next time. I am not a huge chicken skin fan, crispy or not, so this doesn't matter to me too much. It was nicely browned all over and looked great. It did smoke a little from the hot grease dripping.

I used the cooked chicken and made the Chicken Penne recipe in the cookbook and used the included baking pan. It made a lot and was good and tasted even better two and three days later. I would add a little more Italian seasoning next time.

I made brownies from a mix under pressure and didn't notice any difference over a regular oven.

I made two Stouffers French Bread Pizzas under pressure came out very nice and the bread wasn't all dried out.

It makes toast quickly and evenly browned.

The interior light stays on during cooking, so it's easy to see how the dish is doing. I would agree that some of the suggested temperatures are a little high. For example, the Chicken Penne is to be cooked at 450 and I found that the cheese on top started to burn. I would reduce the temperature next time.

Most regular size pans, loaf, muffin tin, 8 iinch, 9 inch, 9 x 11, covered casseroles, etc. will easily fit. I have a rectangular Polish Stoneware baking dish that will hold a 9 x 13 recipe and it fits nicely, however, my blue 9 x 13" Pyrex dish with handles will not fit. If you have a 9 x 13 with straight sides and no handles, it may work.

Be aware that the oven gets VERY HOT on the top, back and front sides. The two side surfaces do not get as hot, but the instructions say to leave 4" around on all sides when in use, so you will need to pull it away from the wall at the very least. I would say it will heat up your kitchen as much as a regular oven since it gets so hot on the exterior.

The oven rack must be shifted to different positions for different functions. See the instruction book for where to place it and when or your dish may not come out right.

I find it a little difficult to tell whether the steam vent is properly seated as it kind of flops around. Not sure if this is a defect with mine or not. I kind of have to play with it to get it right.

I would definitely suggest that you thoroughly read the directions prior to use and re-read them as you learn how to use the oven and maybe go back and watch the videos a few times.. For example, the door is supposed to remain slightly ajar when cooking with the standard, no pressure function. Some steam is supposed to escape when using the pressure function, but I have seen reviewers return the oven because they thought these were flaws -- they didn't read the directions!

My large oven is broken and I didn't want to pay to have it fixed because I want to get a new stove. All in all, this oven serves my purposes and i believe you can make almost anything in it, so I am happy with the results and certainly would not return it. I love it and can't wait to try more recipes from the cookbook. They all sound delicious.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
DCLoveBug

Two days after I ordered it I checked the status and the delivery date was moved up to Nov 7th. I was unsure about the size of the oven so I canceled my order. I will wait, like some other posters, for the reviews and a bigger oven.

Thank you, Salem!

It's taking too long for HSN to start the packaging process, so I decided to cancel my order. I was hesitant when I ordered it because Wolfgang seemed to have issues with the steam upon opening the door. I too will see what improvements he comes up with.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

Thank you, Salem!

It's taking too long for HSN to start the packaging process, so I decided to cancel my order. I was hesitant when I ordered it because Wolfgang seemed to have issues with the steam upon opening the door. I too will see what improvements he comes up with.

I bought this when it came out in June. It looked nice and was similar to my Oster Toaster Oven however upon up the door seemed rather small. A 12" pizza pan wouldn't fit. My Oster toaster oven will take a 16" pizza pan without the lid - I normally use a 15" pan and works fine for me. I think another poster gave a good review that a 13"x 9" pan without handles would fit.

I felt the oven's construction was very tinny. The pressure release on the top didn't move smoothly and for me the front door was a 1/4" to 1/2" off so it didn't seal shut and you could see daylight. So I never tried the oven, I felt it was unsafe and we promptly packed it back up and sent it back. HSN was great and we didn't have to pay shipping. I don't recall the model I had having a light inside. I had hoped the oven was improved over the last few months.

I think the oven should be bigger inside and the racks more sturdier, also I think the inside of the oven would be better if it had a ceramic non-stick or hard anodized because I think it could be a bear to clean otherwise.

I took a chance on the pressure oven because I felt Wolf makes an very good pressure cooker and saw good reviews for his ovens.

If you notice a huge price drop in the oven, be aware that probably a new one is coming down the pike, wink wink.

God bless and be well :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Admirer
DCLoveBug

I received my TSV oven within three days, but I live in Florida, so that may have something to do with it.

So far, I have made the rotisserie chicken which I found a little difficult to get onto the rotisserie rod but I think that ease with this will come with practice. I am no expert in trussing a chicken and that's a necessary talent. I would suggest no more than a 5 lb chicken when using the rotisserie as it may be too big and drag on the drip pan when turning.

I cooked my 4.75 lb chicken about 55 minutes under pressure as that's what the cookbook said to do and it was juicy and delicious, but may have been a little over-cooked. I need to get an instant read meat thermometer. Note that I didn't stuff mine with anything, so I should have probably cooked it about 45 minutes. The skin was not particularly crispy, except on the wings and top. I attribute this to the chicken being somewhat wet when I started. I have heard that you should keep your chicken in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 24 hours to dry it out before roasting it if you want crispy skin, so I'll try that next time. I am not a huge chicken skin fan, crispy or not, so this doesn't matter to me too much. It was nicely browned all over and looked great. It did smoke a little from the hot grease dripping.

I used the cooked chicken and made the Chicken Penne recipe in the cookbook and used the included baking pan. It made a lot and was good and tasted even better two and three days later. I would add a little more Italian seasoning next time.

I made brownies from a mix under pressure and didn't notice any difference over a regular oven.

I made two Stouffers French Bread Pizzas under pressure came out very nice and the bread wasn't all dried out.

It makes toast quickly and evenly browned.

The interior light stays on during cooking, so it's easy to see how the dish is doing. I would agree that some of the suggested temperatures are a little high. For example, the Chicken Penne is to be cooked at 450 and I found that the cheese on top started to burn. I would reduce the temperature next time.

Most regular size pans, loaf, muffin tin, 8 iinch, 9 inch, 9 x 11, covered casseroles, etc. will easily fit. I have a rectangular Polish Stoneware baking dish that will hold a 9 x 13 recipe and it fits nicely, however, my blue 9 x 13" Pyrex dish with handles will not fit. If you have a 9 x 13 with straight sides and no handles, it may work.

Be aware that the oven gets VERY HOT on the top, back and front sides. The two side surfaces do not get as hot, but the instructions say to leave 4" around on all sides when in use, so you will need to pull it away from the wall at the very least. I would say it will heat up your kitchen as much as a regular oven since it gets so hot on the exterior.

The oven rack must be shifted to different positions for different functions. See the instruction book for where to place it and when or your dish may not come out right.

I find it a little difficult to tell whether the steam vent is properly seated as it kind of flops around. Not sure if this is a defect with mine or not. I kind of have to play with it to get it right.

I would definitely suggest that you thoroughly read the directions prior to use and re-read them as you learn how to use the oven and maybe go back and watch the videos a few times.. For example, the door is supposed to remain slightly ajar when cooking with the standard, no pressure function. Some steam is supposed to escape when using the pressure function, but I have seen reviewers return the oven because they thought these were flaws -- they didn't read the directions!

My large oven is broken and I didn't want to pay to have it fixed because I want to get a new stove. All in all, this oven serves my purposes and i believe you can make almost anything in it, so I am happy with the results and certainly would not return it. I love it and can't wait to try more recipes from the cookbook. They all sound delicious.

Thank you so much, lolamontez, for your detailed response. It sounds like you are enjoying your oven and have seen some of the issues people are having in their reviews. I hope to purchase it at a later date when some improvements are made. It seems to be a nice alternative to a big oven. I appreciate your feedback.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
DCLoveBug

Thank you, Salem!

I bought this when it came out in June. It looked nice and was similar to my Oster Toaster Oven however upon up the door seemed rather small. A 12" pizza pan wouldn't fit. My Oster toaster oven will take a 16" pizza pan without the lid - I normally use a 15" pan and works fine for me. I think another poster gave a good review that a 13"x 9" pan without handles would fit.

I felt the oven's construction was very tinny. The pressure release on the top didn't move smoothly and for me the front door was a 1/4" to 1/2" off so it didn't seal shut and you could see daylight. So I never tried the oven, I felt it was unsafe and we promptly packed it back up and sent it back. HSN was great and we didn't have to pay shipping. I don't recall the model I had having a light inside. I had hoped the oven was improved over the last few months.

I think the oven should be bigger inside and the racks more sturdier, also I think the inside of the oven would be better if it had a ceramic non-stick or hard anodized because I think it could be a bear to clean otherwise.

I took a chance on the pressure oven because I felt Wolf makes an very good pressure cooker and saw good reviews for his ovens.

If you notice a huge price drop in the oven, be aware that probably a new one is coming down the pike, wink wink.

God bless and be well :smileyhappy:

Meezergeezer, the size and some of the older reviews were some of the reasons that made me rethink my purchase. I appreciate you feedback and think a "better" oven is in the making.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.