Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

What's the best white rice, brown rice to use in rice cooker

I see at the store there is Jasmin brown rice, Jasmin white rice, Arbor rice - short and long grain - what is the best rice to use in rice cooker - for fried rice and rice pudding? Thank you for your time ^..^
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
binkster

RE: What's the best white rice, brown rice to use in rice cooker

Arborio rice is generally used for risottos, I have never used it in my rice cooker. My preference is brown rice, I buy the Lundberg brand - so far I have used their jasmine, long grain, gold, and short grain brown rices. They all worked well in the cooker, mine is a Sanyo that has a brown rice cycle. I do let the rice sit in the cooker with the water at least an hour before starting the cooking cycle.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
katperson

For me, I prefer the jasmine rices in my rice cooker; both brown and white. I think they cook up the nicest and are the fluffiest. I also love basmati rice because it isn't sticky and fluffs nicely. This also comes in both brown and white varieties.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

thank you so much ladies. Really appreciate it :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.