boot1535 | Admirer | 11.17.2012 3:35 AM
Just wondering how it costs less to send a big item, WITH a dust cover, than it does to send the exact same item, WITHOUT a dust cover. If anything, the dust cover would take up more space and add weight, right? Is it me?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
rena347 | Inspirer 3 | 11.17.2012 7:16 PM
From what I have seen on the HSN shipping charges, there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the size and weight of the package and the amount charged for shipping. Many very heavy items have free shipping and many lightweight items are charged more to ship than the actual cost involved. For example, last week I purchased a nurser kit (177-043) for my daughter's kitten. The product cost was $3.99 and the shipping charge was $9.95. If I had not won a free shipping coupon, there's no way I would have purchased this item from HSN. The item only weighs around 8 ounces so there's no way the actual shipping cost would be $9.95. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that shipping charges are some way calculated based on the markup of the actual product. The higher the product markup, the more they offer free or reduced shipping. You gotta figure they will make their money one way or another.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
boot1535

Shipping & Handling

Just wondering how it costs less to send a big item, WITH a dust cover, than it does to send the exact same item, WITHOUT a dust cover. If anything, the dust cover would take up more space and add weight, right? Is it me?
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 3
rena347

RE: Shipping & Handling

From what I have seen on the HSN shipping charges, there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the size and weight of the package and the amount charged for shipping. Many very heavy items have free shipping and many lightweight items are charged more to ship than the actual cost involved. For example, last week I purchased a nurser kit (177-043) for my daughter's kitten. The product cost was $3.99 and the shipping charge was $9.95. If I had not won a free shipping coupon, there's no way I would have purchased this item from HSN. The item only weighs around 8 ounces so there's no way the actual shipping cost would be $9.95. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that shipping charges are some way calculated based on the markup of the actual product. The higher the product markup, the more they offer free or reduced shipping. You gotta figure they will make their money one way or another.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
1 Replies
11.17.2012 3:35 AM
0 Smiles
2 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...