Admirer 2
snappygrandma

How do you clean food off the Todd English green pans?

WE enjoy the green pans, and when new, the food just slides out and the pan practically cleans itself. But, when we cook something like a hanburger patty,the meat somehow becomes one with the pan as it were, and we don't know how to remove it.
Any suggestions from other green pan users?
This is my very first ever post! Be kind!
snappy

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
snappygrandma

RE: How do you clean food off the Todd English green pans?

snappy

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
zach12

I thought they were self cleaning. They always show things sliding right out of the pan. After buying Ultrex and having it fall apart, I'm not about to buy another product that DOES NOT HAVE GOOD REVIEWS. Most posters say they are c/ap! HSN get rid of them!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
snappygrandma

I don't mean to say bad things about the cookware line, but we have this problem, and somebody out there must have experience with removing food successfully. We have also bought other lines that looked great, only to have the nonstick coating come off with time. When we see them used on the TV, they are no doubt using brand new pans which would naturally be easy to clean. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
snappy

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
robot3B

I wouldn't know since I don't have any greenpans. But they're on TV right now selling them. Maybe you could call in to give an on-air testimonial and then when they put you on, you can ask the inventor, Joy Mangano, herself.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
lilwere

I had that problem too! When I called HSN customer service, the girls said if you let the pan heat up first, the food wont stick. It worked for me, you guys should give it a go too.
Nothing is more seductive for man than his freedom of conscience, but nothing is a greater cause of suffering
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
artemis2854

WE enjoy the green pans, and when new, the food just slides out and the pan practically cleans itself. But, when we cook something like a hanburger patty,the meat somehow becomes one with the pan as it were, and we don't know how to remove it.
Any suggestions from other green pan users?
This is my very first ever post! Be kind!

Are you preheating the pan before cooking--this is especially important with meat (on any pan). If you've run your pan through the dishwasher, you have to re-season it.

I have heard that using Barkeeper's Friend is a good way to clean up these pans. I haven't tried that since I've had no trouble with the couple of pieces of it I own.

What I'd do is soak the pan for a while, then use the Barkeeper's Friend.

Let us know how you made out.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
LauraF

I keep watching these on HSN and trying to tell myself I DON'T need them. What keeps me from going ahead and buying are a couple of issues. One is the reviews. I don't want to invest in something even though it IS tempting when there are so many mixed reviews (with most being not good). And Second is the ANNOYING HOSTS AND JOY MANGANO!! Let poor Todd sell this product ladies. Finally, did anyone else notice how many times in the midnight hour, that Shannon kept referring to the pans as "Se*y"? How in the world is a kitchen pan Se*y?? And she said it MORE than ONCE!](*,)

And I did catch the fish(I think it was fish..it was late!) sticking to the broiler pan when Todd tried to move it..that also makes me a little leary. It really is a great concept I just think it may need more "tweaking" as far as the nonstick
issues are conserned.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
orpmij

i have the 12in green pan and it is the worst pan i ever had worked fine for awhile then everything started sticking preheat or not junk
Please use plain text.
New Friend
Monnie

I was soooo ready to pitch a few of my Green Pans because I had a problem with sticking after several months of use, but I finally found a solution! I had purchased from my local grocery store the Scotch-Brite Cook Top Cleaner for my ceramic stove top (it looks like a tiny iron with a little velcro-type cleaning pad that you attach to the bottom). Well, it works like magic on the Green Pans! Try it girls...you won't be disappointed!
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.