pamcor57 | Visitor | 11.10.2011 1:18 PM
Can someone please tell me if the "GreenPan" is safe to cook in around my pet birds??? Is ceramic safe???? Help!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
LolaS | New Friend | 12.10.2011 12:43 AM
I can't answer the question regarding your birds, but I can offer my opinion on those Todd English pans. I purchased two skillets some time ago and they both stick so badly I quit using them. I seasoned them per instructions and after the seasoning, they will not stick as much for one use and then they stick again. I have read that others are having the same problems. I just wish I had tried to return them (altho I heard HSN wasn't taking them back which is hard to believe).
truffles2 | Admirer 2 | 11.12.2011 8:47 PM
pamcor.....i too have 4 exotic birds, a cockatiel, an amazon double-yellow head parrot, a red-tail african grey parrot and an umbrella cockatoo and i had a set of the green pans but don't use them cause the fry pan sticks really bad and i threw it away and now i use the command performance stainless steel pans...and i cook a lot and my birds are in the adjoining room but they are all ok..however, i am careful not to burn anything in them....i think that is where the problem would be....hope this helps...

truffles2
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Visitor
pamcor57

Green Pan....Safe For Birds???

Can someone please tell me if the "GreenPan" is safe to cook in around my pet birds??? Is ceramic safe???? Help!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
truffles2

RE: Green Pan....Safe For Birds???

pamcor.....i too have 4 exotic birds, a cockatiel, an amazon double-yellow head parrot, a red-tail african grey parrot and an umbrella cockatoo and i had a set of the green pans but don't use them cause the fry pan sticks really bad and i threw it away and now i use the command performance stainless steel pans...and i cook a lot and my birds are in the adjoining room but they are all ok..however, i am careful not to burn anything in them....i think that is where the problem would be....hope this helps...

truffles2
Please use plain text.
New Friend
LolaS

RE: Green Pan....Safe For Birds???

I can't answer the question regarding your birds, but I can offer my opinion on those Todd English pans. I purchased two skillets some time ago and they both stick so badly I quit using them. I seasoned them per instructions and after the seasoning, they will not stick as much for one use and then they stick again. I have read that others are having the same problems. I just wish I had tried to return them (altho I heard HSN wasn't taking them back which is hard to believe).
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
2 Replies
11.10.2011 1:18 PM
0 Smiles
3 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...