Admirer 2
treelvr

Countertop Water Filter

Does anyone know if the countertop water filter actually purifies water or does it just take the chlorine taste out of it? I watched the video about the product, as well as the presentation, but no where does it actually state anything about removing chemicals, lead, etc. out of the water. I'm looking for a purifier that actually purifies the water, not just take the chlorine taste out of it. I ordered the product before I realized that it may not be a true purifier of water, so it may be going back. I'm referring to the one that supposedly never needs a filter change, and it can be used for 200,000 gallons of water or up to 40 years.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

RE: Countertop Water Filter

I've had the Pur, Brita faucet water filter. I bought the Stainless steel Big Berkey water filter - sits on my counter top - you see these at weddings or catered functions. They are water filters that can take stagnant pond water and make it drinkable water - not that I would want to do that. It is gravity fed, so no electricity - small foot print - I got the 2.5# gallon model there are two of us, but our 4 cats and dog all drink from the purified water. The dog and cats will not drink the regular municipal water, they wait for the filtered water.

Anyway I also got the additional 2 filters that also filter out fluoride. The water filters are good for 6000 gallons of water and are about $100. The fluoride filters are good for 1000 gallons - filling once a day - lasts about 6 months. Do a google for BigBerkeyWaterFilters dot you know what. I wish HSN would carry this item - seems to be a quality item, really like it does a bang up job filtering water.

We actually drink more water now! The water filter itself is about $250, you probably can find it cheaper online - I wouldn't get the plastic unit, I think its a better value with the stainless steel,but the plastic one is lightweight and is for camping - The Pur filters were running us a new unit every year, plus the filters lasted for only 300 gallons for about $20.00 a filter and it didn't filter out fluoride - so I think the Berkey is a pretty good value for the filtration it offers.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
sdwilkins

I have that one but I think it only takes out the chlorine. We use it because it does make the water taste alot better but I don't really think it purifies.

Does anyone know if the countertop water filter actually purifies water or does it just take the chlorine taste out of it? I watched the video about the product, as well as the presentation, but no where does it actually state anything about removing chemicals, lead, etc. out of the water. I'm looking for a purifier that actually purifies the water, not just take the chlorine taste out of it. I ordered the product before I realized that it may not be a true purifier of water, so it may be going back. I'm referring to the one that supposedly never needs a filter change, and it can be used for 200,000 gallons of water or up to 40 years.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
treelvr

After reviewing the info, I believe you're right about it just taking out the chlorine, though I'm sure people were expecting to have bought a true purifier that filters out more than that. I've decided to keep the one I bought, because the water is clear and my pets seem to prefer it over water just straight from the tap. The instructions state that it filters 10,000 gals. of water, not 20,000 as stated in the presentation and item description.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
treelvr

Meezergeezer, your water purifier system sounds great, but it is much more than I can afford that's why I bought the one from HSN for $29.95. Guess you get what you pay for, huh? #-o
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
JAG70

I have a culligan water system,and seperate water fountain for drinking. Am not sure about the ?'s your asking about the chemicals,and lead etc. Maybe someone that has knowledge can address this.

Jag
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
JAG70

I am now wondering about the easy water that they advertise? The only thing i don't like about the culligan is it contains salt.

Does anyone have the easy water system,and can let me know?

Thanks,Jag:-s
Please use plain text.
New Friend
queenteammarket

I personally use the eSprings Water Purifier Countertop Unit. It reduces organic contaminants, inorganic contaminants, chlorine by-products while leaving the beneficial minerals. My average cost per gallon is now down to $0.13. I usually only replace my filter once per year. I love it. The water taste great.

I got it from:
cqueen1.qhealthzone.com/products/product.aspx?itemno=100188"
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

I got my Berkey for $100 because I bought other stuff. Anyway the Black Berkey filters are about $100, I also have the fluoride filters which is an additional few days. you know the funny thing is my skin has improved since I've just been drinking water without the fluroide? I always had rash, now its gone! Yeah!!

I did see if you google "home made Berkey" by Daire - using food grade buckets and plastic spigot - there isn't much to the filter - its gravity feed, but it works good. I probably won't be buying a filter for at least a year or so. With 4 cats, dog and 2 people we go through a fair amount of water - the critters won't drink regular water since I filtered it for them! They deserve good water too.

I hope you find something that works well for you - the Pur filters work pretty well that go on the faucet, but I wanted to get rid of fluroide.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
treelvr

you know the funny thing is my skin has improved since I've just been drinking water without the fluroide? I always had rash, now its gone! Yeah!!

That's interesting. I never associated water contents with the breakouts I have on my own face, but that could be the cause. Thanks for sharing about your rash clearing up once you eliminated fluoride water.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.