Admirer
AmericanCustomer

COMPLAINT about CLEAN and PURE WATER FILTER

How many months have you had this countertop water filter/purifier in your home??????

Its claim is that "it is designed to filter out chlorine, bad taste, and odor for up to 20,000 gallons (approx 10 yrs!) under normal household use."

There are only two people in my household, and the one I that arrived today is our 3rd one in 2.5 yrs. WHY??? Because after awhile, the water doesn't come out clear. There's "stuff" floating around in the water, and so it's a bit cloudy. Now, "cloudy" and "water" doesn't sound so clean. Does it? Well, it's not!!!!

We probably use this filtered water for light cooking (for rice), and for drinking. But, that's just for 2 people.

I wonder if there's anyone else with this complaint.

I didn't realize that it promises "20,000 gallons", or "approximately 10 years!".

Should we be pursuing a class-action lawsuit against the manufacturer?????

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
BUBBO

RE: COMPLAINT about CLEAN and PURE WATER FILTER

I use to have one ...they are a s/c/a/m!! Take the water you get out of there and have it tested....I did and it only removes Chlorine...NOTHING else, save your money.[-(
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
CMYHERO

I must have some pretty bad water then as the taste is far better coming out of the filter than drinking the water and certainly it is not only missing the chlorine taste.

I use to have one ...they are a s/c/a/m!! Take the water you get out of there and have it tested....I did and it only removes Chlorine...NOTHING else, save your money.[-(
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TEXASGALINFL

I will back this water filter to the hilt. I have been using them ever since they came to HSN, and they are THE BEST. It would probably behoove you to learn more about water filtration and chemicals in general. The only thing I WANT removed from my water supply IS chlorine! As for the length of time they last....... I use them for EVERYTHING, including my plants. Obviously, my animals drink only this water. Why don't you spend big bucks and get a reverse osmosis and see how that works for ya? PUHLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ.....do your research.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
NIGHTOWLZ

We use a reverse osmosis system since all I drink is water.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
Meezergeezer

Even a PUR or a Brita would be better than one that just removes chlorine. We have a Berkey filter - they usually are what caters bring to parties - This is silver and filters thousands of gallons of water - I think the black filters are rated at 10,000 gallons and are $100 - we have city water and want to filter out the fluoride so that is another $40 or so and lasts for about 3,000 gallons of water.

Wish we could get the reverse osmosis filter, but this is pretty good for our budget - the best thing is gravity fed, no electricity required to run it - if its good enough for missionaries to use in 3rd world countries is good enough for us.

Wish HSN would carry Berkey filters - in case of disaster this is the filter to have.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.