BLKHILLSGUY | Admirer | 09.13.2013 1:43 AM
It was announced on the Q last night with David Venable that Emeril is coming to the Q. I am soooooooooo saddened. I've also been paying attention closely to HSN.......Bon Appetit is all clearanced and talk of them leaving in other forums. Same thing with Todd English. They are saying that HSN is going to be keeping the green pans but dropping Todd English's name, as he didn't create them. Bad news. Emeril is a for sure. The other two is speculation, but coming from good sources. I just can't believe this. Wolfgang's products are just not that good. Some are okay, but more bad than good. His pans are okay however....the stainless steel ones.....but nothing like Emeril's which are made by All-Clad(best on the planet.) I sure hope when he goes to QVC that he doesn't use their cheap manufacturers to save money. Their Cooks Essential line is pitiful. What is Mindy Grossman thinking????????? HSN has always had great kitchen items. Now it sounds like QVC is going to be the place to go. A sad day for me.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
AQUAFINA | Inspirer 2 | 09.20.2013 2:37 PM

So Emeri isn't a full fledged chef? I'm more shocked about that than the move over to Q! I watch both, so it doesn't matter much to me. The only thing though is that I DO NOT watch David V.'s shows. I just don't like that stupid o/r/g/a/s/m/i/c face he does when he eats.

That totally turns me off.
KMV60 | Admirer 3 | 09.19.2013 10:28 PM 1 Person Smiled
He will not do any better host wise over at the Q. They have their share of annoying hosts, Jane T, Jill B to name two. Shawn really does not do cooking. I am sure he will mostly be with David V.
1beachgirl | Advisor 1 | 09.19.2013 2:27 PM 4 People have Smiled
#-o Emeril was probably tired of the show hosts he had to deal with. Shannon and her constant, yeah, yeah, yeah. Donkey laugh, yeah. Bobbie Ray tossing that ridiculous hair everywhere all over the food etc. I hope he has a better experience at the Q just hope they never put him with Shawn. She will ruin his show for sure!:-k
Lindascoffee | Advisor 3 | 09.16.2013 11:37 PM
I find it hilarious and ironic at the same time of all the vendors switch back and forth from one shopping channel to another to spill their wares. Emeril has NOT been one of my favorites since he was called out for l/y/i/n/g to the public about his credentials of being a full fledged professional chef. Not that titles really interest me, but the l/y/i/n/g does. I realize people tend to exaggerate their talents, but outright lying really bothers me because many viewers rely on their products and judgement of what are good products or not. Rachel Ray is irritating and annoying as heck and her products are worthless and fall apart from what I have read. Lets face it, MOST of the products these chefs are enticing viewers to buy are NOT the same type of cookware they would use professionally. I found that products I purchased from Hsn and my favorite dedicated professional chef, Gordon Ramsey, were certainly not the quality I had expected. Yep..I bought the hype and the sales pitch and bought an item that just was unworthy of all its praises. So I have learned an expensive lesson and go with quality items that have been reviewed and rated before I buy them. When it sounds like a real good bargain, a viewer might want to check ratings on that item before purchasing. I now, do my homework thoroughly before buying anything and it has saved me countless dollars and time shipping back items that do not work or get stuck with when I didn't return the item in the window of time for return. This has been my experience with online shopping.
pipman | Advisor 2 | 09.16.2013 9:56 PM
All of "them" will go where ever the money is!

Chef Ming is now coming to HSN...and now see that Rachel Ray has dishes at Albertson's grocery stores.

Like I said, it's about money, money, money with these types.
4kitties | Admirer 3 | 09.13.2013 10:50 AM
I'm not an Emeril fan..So I wouldn't watch him on "Q"..or anywhere.
Guess that they don't use Paula anymore .they"needed" him?
If they ever have him on with the kitchen "Diva",
David..Will certainly not be watching..

Wonder though??? If Martha will be going over,too?
Or does she want to have something on all shopping channels..
Since she "owns" Emeril..:-k
swii | Admirer | 09.13.2013 3:24 AM
Sad day for me too. :-({|= very sad to see him go. He will start on QVC in mid October (16th I think) with Emeril's kitchen.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
BLKHILLSGUY

BAD NEWS!!!! Emeril is gone.

It was announced on the Q last night with David Venable that Emeril is coming to the Q. I am soooooooooo saddened. I've also been paying attention closely to HSN.......Bon Appetit is all clearanced and talk of them leaving in other forums. Same thing with Todd English. They are saying that HSN is going to be keeping the green pans but dropping Todd English's name, as he didn't create them. Bad news. Emeril is a for sure. The other two is speculation, but coming from good sources. I just can't believe this. Wolfgang's products are just not that good. Some are okay, but more bad than good. His pans are okay however....the stainless steel ones.....but nothing like Emeril's which are made by All-Clad(best on the planet.) I sure hope when he goes to QVC that he doesn't use their cheap manufacturers to save money. Their Cooks Essential line is pitiful. What is Mindy Grossman thinking????????? HSN has always had great kitchen items. Now it sounds like QVC is going to be the place to go. A sad day for me.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
swii

RE: BAD NEWS!!!! Emeril is gone.

Sad day for me too. :-({|= very sad to see him go. He will start on QVC in mid October (16th I think) with Emeril's kitchen.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
4kitties

I'm not an Emeril fan..So I wouldn't watch him on "Q"..or anywhere.
Guess that they don't use Paula anymore .they"needed" him?
If they ever have him on with the kitchen "Diva",
David..Will certainly not be watching..

Wonder though??? If Martha will be going over,too?
Or does she want to have something on all shopping channels..
Since she "owns" Emeril..:-k
Please use plain text.
Advisor 2
pipman

All of "them" will go where ever the money is!

Chef Ming is now coming to HSN...and now see that Rachel Ray has dishes at Albertson's grocery stores.

Like I said, it's about money, money, money with these types.
Please use plain text.
Advisor 3
Lindascoffee

I find it hilarious and ironic at the same time of all the vendors switch back and forth from one shopping channel to another to spill their wares. Emeril has NOT been one of my favorites since he was called out for l/y/i/n/g to the public about his credentials of being a full fledged professional chef. Not that titles really interest me, but the l/y/i/n/g does. I realize people tend to exaggerate their talents, but outright lying really bothers me because many viewers rely on their products and judgement of what are good products or not. Rachel Ray is irritating and annoying as heck and her products are worthless and fall apart from what I have read. Lets face it, MOST of the products these chefs are enticing viewers to buy are NOT the same type of cookware they would use professionally. I found that products I purchased from Hsn and my favorite dedicated professional chef, Gordon Ramsey, were certainly not the quality I had expected. Yep..I bought the hype and the sales pitch and bought an item that just was unworthy of all its praises. So I have learned an expensive lesson and go with quality items that have been reviewed and rated before I buy them. When it sounds like a real good bargain, a viewer might want to check ratings on that item before purchasing. I now, do my homework thoroughly before buying anything and it has saved me countless dollars and time shipping back items that do not work or get stuck with when I didn't return the item in the window of time for return. This has been my experience with online shopping.
Please use plain text.
Advisor 1
1beachgirl

#-o Emeril was probably tired of the show hosts he had to deal with. Shannon and her constant, yeah, yeah, yeah. Donkey laugh, yeah. Bobbie Ray tossing that ridiculous hair everywhere all over the food etc. I hope he has a better experience at the Q just hope they never put him with Shawn. She will ruin his show for sure!:-k
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
KMV60

He will not do any better host wise over at the Q. They have their share of annoying hosts, Jane T, Jill B to name two. Shawn really does not do cooking. I am sure he will mostly be with David V.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
AQUAFINA

So Emeri isn't a full fledged chef? I'm more shocked about that than the move over to Q! I watch both, so it doesn't matter much to me. The only thing though is that I DO NOT watch David V.'s shows. I just don't like that stupid o/r/g/a/s/m/i/c face he does when he eats.

That totally turns me off.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
tillyboy

I had no idea that Emeril was not considered a professional chef. My experience with celebrity cookware is as follows:
Todd English's Greenware was just awful, wish I had listened to the advice given on this board, Wolfgang Puck's stainless steel products are very well made and are holding up just fine. Now, here is a surprise, the very best cookware I have ever purchased was made by......Valerie Bertinelli!! I found a saucepan from her line at Marshall's,
on clearance, for only $6.00. This pot is used almost daily by my family, and it looks like it's brand new, even though
I have had it for well over a year. I have no idea if her cookware has been discontinued, but I will continue to try and get more pieces, maybe on Ebay. Who would have guessed???
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
IamAShortDiva

Emeril is the best of the best . He will be missed , I will be watching and buying his stuff on the Q . :-" :-" :-" :-" :-"
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
31 Replies
09.13.2013 1:43 AM
6 Smiles
24 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...