JAG70 | Admirer 3 | 12.15.2010 6:34 PM
Have been tempted to order the small one on wheels. I have a real corner fireplace in my living room.

However my Dh is not well,& have not used it for two winters so far.

I also suffer from severe sinus issues,and have allergies as well.

Like the idea of be able to move it from room to room if needed.

We are ezperiencing an extreme cold spell for a while now.

Would love some replies from anyone who has these fireplaces?

Thanks,Jag:-k
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
AmazonDeb | Admirer 3 | 01.04.2011 10:51 AM
These "Amish" fireplaces are nothing more than a plain electric heater with a wooden box surrounding it.

75% of the Amish fireplace is really from China.

Even if it was 100% Amish, I wouldn't buy it. Most Amish people are nothing more than puppy mill owners, they breed sick purebred dogs for a profit, and then when the mom can no longer produce, they take her out behind the barn and do away with her.
LEATHER | Inspirer 1 | 01.03.2011 4:56 PM
I have two the original one in dark oak and the one with the curio in dark oak. I cant say enough how great these are. They are beautiful, they heat well, they look good just to turn it on for the light alone. You get what you pay for they are real wood and wood costs. I have a small 26" tv on one and I have Christmas decorations on the other one. across the top and in I have precious moments inside the curio.
Topaz444 | Admirer 3 | 01.02.2011 8:52 PM
My dh's parents have one & it's very nice. They really like it. They're too plain for me though. I like something more ornate.

Milky, I agree, that's the main reason I haven't ordered it. At a $400 price point, it could be less 'boxy' & plain, or at least have a nicer mantle. Just IMHO; to each their own of course. I've seen it presented sitting on the optional hearth, & it looks quite lovey this way -- but I wouldn't shell out the $270 for that additional piece...
MILKY | Admirer 2 | 01.01.2011 1:58 PM
My dh's parents have one & it's very nice. They really like it. They're too plain for me though. I like something more ornate.
luckydog47 | Admirer 2 | 12.17.2010 6:21 PM
I just looked up some very old posts on the AMISH fireplace and found some interesting thoughts. Now, for the uninformed or badly informed, here are some facts. The Amish Sect varies from one place and even township to another. They can have an ultra strict sect and liberal one in the same area, so nothing counts as being true and correct..The metal is made in China, as metal working and forging is almost a lost art except for ferriers for the horses shoes, and buggy wheels. Where I used to live about 140 miles from here, they had a hitching post at every major store,including the doctors offices, the pharmacy, and Walmart. They are hard working and honest people, and YES, some do use electricy in their home, Some will ride in a car, but not drive it, and some will drive a truck if in a regular job, but not in their everyday life. They earn a living making things that "we the people" want, such as fireplaces, and outdoor sheds. The wives work at regular jobs, like in my U.S.Bank as a teller, and other retail outlets. They sell flowers from hothouses and vegtables to die for in season. They make the best flour, bread mixes, and grocery items, you can buy, cereals, oats, you name it. I have never seen them abuse an animal or child, ever. They speak German to each other and the children are raised bi-linquel. I think I covered most of my rave. Good luck to all. But real Amish people make the wood fireplace surrond and it is GORGEOUS. I have visted the barns where they make the sheds and there is electicity for the saws and other needs. But, the man didn't have a phone for me to call him with my order. I called his neighbor, who was NOT Amish..
luckydog47 | Admirer 2 | 12.17.2010 5:57 PM
I am so sorry, but I have no personal experience with them, but I have seem them for sale in quite a few places around here in several stores. I would think they should be fine. I wonder if you could find one in your local stores, like Walmart, or a Farm Store, etc. If you got one locally and did'nt care for it, then you wouldn't have the S*H expense. they don't LOOK heavy so you could probably handle it by yourself. I have no idea who the maker is..Maybe someone could tell you, and then google it to see where it is sold...Good Luck
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 3
JAG70

AMISH FIREPLACES?

Have been tempted to order the small one on wheels. I have a real corner fireplace in my living room.

However my Dh is not well,& have not used it for two winters so far.

I also suffer from severe sinus issues,and have allergies as well.

Like the idea of be able to move it from room to room if needed.

We are ezperiencing an extreme cold spell for a while now.

Would love some replies from anyone who has these fireplaces?

Thanks,Jag:-k
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
luckydog47

RE: AMISH FIREPLACES?

I am so sorry, but I have no personal experience with them, but I have seem them for sale in quite a few places around here in several stores. I would think they should be fine. I wonder if you could find one in your local stores, like Walmart, or a Farm Store, etc. If you got one locally and did'nt care for it, then you wouldn't have the S*H expense. they don't LOOK heavy so you could probably handle it by yourself. I have no idea who the maker is..Maybe someone could tell you, and then google it to see where it is sold...Good Luck
If you are a "if at first you don't suceed, try, try again" person; don't go skydiving!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
luckydog47

I just looked up some very old posts on the AMISH fireplace and found some interesting thoughts. Now, for the uninformed or badly informed, here are some facts. The Amish Sect varies from one place and even township to another. They can have an ultra strict sect and liberal one in the same area, so nothing counts as being true and correct..The metal is made in China, as metal working and forging is almost a lost art except for ferriers for the horses shoes, and buggy wheels. Where I used to live about 140 miles from here, they had a hitching post at every major store,including the doctors offices, the pharmacy, and Walmart. They are hard working and honest people, and YES, some do use electricy in their home, Some will ride in a car, but not drive it, and some will drive a truck if in a regular job, but not in their everyday life. They earn a living making things that "we the people" want, such as fireplaces, and outdoor sheds. The wives work at regular jobs, like in my U.S.Bank as a teller, and other retail outlets. They sell flowers from hothouses and vegtables to die for in season. They make the best flour, bread mixes, and grocery items, you can buy, cereals, oats, you name it. I have never seen them abuse an animal or child, ever. They speak German to each other and the children are raised bi-linquel. I think I covered most of my rave. Good luck to all. But real Amish people make the wood fireplace surrond and it is GORGEOUS. I have visted the barns where they make the sheds and there is electicity for the saws and other needs. But, the man didn't have a phone for me to call him with my order. I called his neighbor, who was NOT Amish..
If you are a "if at first you don't suceed, try, try again" person; don't go skydiving!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
MILKY

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
Topaz444

Milky, I agree, that's the main reason I haven't ordered it. At a $400 price point, it could be less 'boxy' & plain, or at least have a nicer mantle. Just IMHO; to each their own of course. I've seen it presented sitting on the optional hearth, & it looks quite lovey this way -- but I wouldn't shell out the $270 for that additional piece...
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
LEATHER

I have two the original one in dark oak and the one with the curio in dark oak. I cant say enough how great these are. They are beautiful, they heat well, they look good just to turn it on for the light alone. You get what you pay for they are real wood and wood costs. I have a small 26" tv on one and I have Christmas decorations on the other one. across the top and in I have precious moments inside the curio.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
AmazonDeb

These "Amish" fireplaces are nothing more than a plain electric heater with a wooden box surrounding it.

75% of the Amish fireplace is really from China.

Even if it was 100% Amish, I wouldn't buy it. Most Amish people are nothing more than puppy mill owners, they breed sick purebred dogs for a profit, and then when the mom can no longer produce, they take her out behind the barn and do away with her.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
6 Replies
12.15.2010 6:34 PM
0 Smiles
6 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...