kc33 | New Friend | 01.08.2012 10:44 PM
I just purchased the Elite 8 qt. electric pressure cooker and have tried cooking 3 recipes. Each time,the display will show "end" and the warm light will be on but never flashes to let me know that the cooker is releasing pressure, so I assume it isn't. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope there is an easy solution and I don't have to return it. Thanks!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
CMYHERO | Admirer 3 | 01.17.2012 4:35 AM
My problem with the Elite is not how to release the pressure. I know I can use the quick release method, but sometimes the recipe calls for the natural release. I have read my manual several times thoroughly and it does state in #11 that "the Keep Warm indicator light will begin to flash/flicker. This means the Pressure Cooker is naturally releasing the pressure. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes." Mine does not do this. I am only going by what my manual states. I called Maxi-Matic and they think this may be a misprint. I had thought that I possibly had a malfunctioned one and just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem.

Thanks for all the response. I just wanted to clarify my particular issue.

Well I do not know but literally every pressure cooker run by electricity that I have used when the pressure time is up will cool down to keep warm and then there will no longer be high enough temperature to maintain pressure and thus the indicator will fall down. Non Electric/Stovetop units will not have a keep warm mode and the indicator will drop.

Regarding the electric PC indicator, occasionally it may stick and by very gently tapping it with the other end of a fork should release it. IF it still resists it is only because there is pressure still built up and you have a clearly defective unit and I would return for exchange or refund (but I would wait 30 minutes or more first before returning it). My Elite works perfectly and has for almost 3 years now.
kc33 | New Friend | 01.15.2012 3:43 PM
My problem with the Elite is not how to release the pressure. I know I can use the quick release method, but sometimes the recipe calls for the natural release. I have read my manual several times thoroughly and it does state in #11 that "the Keep Warm indicator light will begin to flash/flicker. This means the Pressure Cooker is naturally releasing the pressure. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes." Mine does not do this. I am only going by what my manual states. I called Maxi-Matic and they think this may be a misprint. I had thought that I possibly had a malfunctioned one and just wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem.

kc33 | New Friend | 01.15.2012 3:34 PM
I just purchased the Elite 8 qt. electric pressure cooker and have tried cooking 3 recipes. Each time,the display will show "end" and the warm light will be on but never flashes to let me know that the cooker is releasing pressure, so I assume it isn't. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope there is an easy solution and I don't have to return it. Thanks!

There is NO indicator on any Electric pressure cooker that the pressure is being released. You can do a fast release yourself or let it release gradually. When the cooker goes to the keep warm function, the pressure will be released as the temperature goes down such that no more steam is being produced.

Check the little indicator that pops up under appropriate pressure and when it goes down, you can open the lid. Until it does you cannot open it. To fast release the pressure on the Elite, simply turn the knob at the top rear side to exhaust which is to either side of "Airtight". When you are doing a fast exhaust, keep your hands away from the top of this vent.

The Elite has an excellent user manual so I would really spend time and read it completely.
CMYHERO | Admirer 3 | 01.14.2012 4:03 AM
Again, To fast release the pressure on the Elite, simply turn the knob at the top rear side to exhaust which is to either side of "Airtight". When you are doing a fast exhaust, keep your hands away from the top of this vent.

The Elite is a great appliance and has an excellent user manual so I would really spend time and read it completely.
CMYHERO | Admirer 3 | 01.13.2012 9:35 PM

There is NO indicator on any Electric pressure cooker that the pressure is being released. You can do a fast release yourself or let it release gradually. When the cooker goes to the keep warm function, the pressure will be released as the temperature goes down such that no more steam is being produced.

Check the little indicator that pops up under appropriate pressure and when it goes down, you can open the lid. Until it does you cannot open it. To fast release the pressure on the Elite, simply turn the knob at the top rear side to exhaust which is to either side of "Airtight". When you are doing a fast exhaust, keep your hands away from the top of this vent.

The Elite has an excellent user manual so I would really spend time and read it completely.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
New Friend
kc33

8 Qt. Elite pressure cooker

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
CMYHERO

RE: 8 Qt. Elite pressure cooker

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
CMYHERO

Again, To fast release the pressure on the Elite, simply turn the knob at the top rear side to exhaust which is to either side of "Airtight". When you are doing a fast exhaust, keep your hands away from the top of this vent.

The Elite is a great appliance and has an excellent user manual so I would really spend time and read it completely.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
kc33

Please use plain text.
New Friend
kc33

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
CMYHERO

Well I do not know but literally every pressure cooker run by electricity that I have used when the pressure time is up will cool down to keep warm and then there will no longer be high enough temperature to maintain pressure and thus the indicator will fall down. Non Electric/Stovetop units will not have a keep warm mode and the indicator will drop.

Regarding the electric PC indicator, occasionally it may stick and by very gently tapping it with the other end of a fork should release it. IF it still resists it is only because there is pressure still built up and you have a clearly defective unit and I would return for exchange or refund (but I would wait 30 minutes or more first before returning it). My Elite works perfectly and has for almost 3 years now.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
5 Replies
01.08.2012 10:44 PM
0 Smiles
2 in Conversation

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...