chipchopchip | Admirer 2 | 10.23.2009 2:46 PM
Watching the video on Andrew Lessman's vitamin D3 caps, he says 2000 IU. I found this same information on CNN.

I don't know why the thread on the topic was pinned. HSN sells this product. Why can't it be discussed?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
myreview | Admirer 2 | 11.10.2009 1:00 AM
I would love to hear your experiences with vitamin D 3 supplementing. I was told my level was 30 and have been taking 5000 IU daily, will be for 3 months. With in the first week the concentration was much improved.

I am wondering if there is a connection the aging skin.
WETINWASHINGTON | Inspirer 1 | 11.09.2009 8:13 AM
Glad you ladies have gotten your levels checked!! It is expensive but IMO one of the most important tests you can do for yourself! I have been working on getting my levels up for several months...my Dr. wants the levels between 70-90...I am in the low 50's now. One of my first readings was single digits!!

For me...and also my husband...we have found now that we are taking the D3...we had no colds over the Winter and if I feel one coming on I just take an extra capsule for a few days and it stops it...amazing to me!!!

They research on this supplement is finding out new things everyday...it is the little miracle pill....I wouldn't be w/o it!!!
JAG70 | Admirer 3 | 10.29.2009 7:06 PM
Got mine checked, clinic charged $240, dropped it to $130 for insurance payment. Seems like a lot of money for one little test. Found out mine is very low. Doctor agreed with the 2000 and a recheck in 3 months.

Justchecking,gee i asked my Dr to include it with my 3 mo blood workup for cholestrol.

I sure hope i won't be billed higher for this test?:-s

My Dr didn't mention this to me.If i am charged extra will not be a happy camper. I do have medicare,and a secondary insurance.
justchecking | Admirer 3 | 10.29.2009 1:51 AM
Got mine checked, clinic charged $240, dropped it to $130 for insurance payment. Seems like a lot of money for one little test. Found out mine is very low. Doctor agreed with the 2000 and a recheck in 3 months.
JAG70 | Admirer 3 | 10.29.2009 1:44 AM
If you don't know your levels...than 2000iu is the norm...so say many experts in the field.

25OH is the test to see if your levels are normal... the numbers are changing ...most agree 70-90 are the numbers to shoot for.

If your insurance covers it get tested...one of the most important things you could do for your total health, IMO.

**there is a thread I read in the Q's beauty section that has good info too...:smileyhappy:

I recently took the vit D blood test level. Got my results today.

It said my count was 48. Range is 19-67 according to my report.

I was concerned since i am lactose intolorant and consume very little calcium products. I guess Andrew's calcium suppliments are working for me.

Jag=;
WETINWASHINGTON | Inspirer 1 | 10.28.2009 5:07 PM
If you don't know your levels...than 2000iu is the norm...so say many experts in the field.

25OH is the test to see if your levels are normal... the numbers are changing ...most agree 70-90 are the numbers to shoot for.

If your insurance covers it get tested...one of the most important things you could do for your total health, IMO.

**there is a thread I read in the Q's beauty section that has good info too...:smileyhappy:
jakester | Admirer 2 | 10.24.2009 12:26 AM
The other post was asking for advice pertaining to specific set of circumstances. Medical advice is against the rules. General discussions are allowed.
JAG70 | Admirer 3 | 10.23.2009 10:55 PM
Watching the video on Andrew Lessman's vitamin D3 caps, he says 2000 IU. I found this same information on CNN.

I don't know why the thread on the topic was pinned. HSN sells this product. Why can't it be discussed?

Yes i am in the dark as well. I posted asking if 2000Iu's total intake of D3 for the day was too much??? I did get a reply from someone,and tried to check it later. Seemed it was poofed!!#-o :-s

Jag
:-s
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 2
chipchopchip

Vitamin D3

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
JAG70

RE: Vitamin D3

Yes i am in the dark as well. I posted asking if 2000Iu's total intake of D3 for the day was too much??? I did get a reply from someone,and tried to check it later. Seemed it was poofed!!#-o :-s

Jag
:-s
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
jakester

The other post was asking for advice pertaining to specific set of circumstances. Medical advice is against the rules. General discussions are allowed.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
WETINWASHINGTON

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
JAG70

I recently took the vit D blood test level. Got my results today.

It said my count was 48. Range is 19-67 according to my report.

I was concerned since i am lactose intolorant and consume very little calcium products. I guess Andrew's calcium suppliments are working for me.

Jag=;
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
justchecking

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
JAG70

Justchecking,gee i asked my Dr to include it with my 3 mo blood workup for cholestrol.

I sure hope i won't be billed higher for this test?:-s

My Dr didn't mention this to me.If i am charged extra will not be a happy camper. I do have medicare,and a secondary insurance.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
WETINWASHINGTON

Glad you ladies have gotten your levels checked!! It is expensive but IMO one of the most important tests you can do for yourself! I have been working on getting my levels up for several months...my Dr. wants the levels between 70-90...I am in the low 50's now. One of my first readings was single digits!!

For me...and also my husband...we have found now that we are taking the D3...we had no colds over the Winter and if I feel one coming on I just take an extra capsule for a few days and it stops it...amazing to me!!!

They research on this supplement is finding out new things everyday...it is the little miracle pill....I wouldn't be w/o it!!!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
myreview

I would love to hear your experiences with vitamin D 3 supplementing. I was told my level was 30 and have been taking 5000 IU daily, will be for 3 months. With in the first week the concentration was much improved.

I am wondering if there is a connection the aging skin.
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
8 Replies
10.23.2009 2:46 PM
0 Smiles
6 in Conversation

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...