Admirer 2
Lynne123

Husband suffers depression. Can anyone help with Andrews supplements??

Hello Everyone,

I have been checking out Andrew Lessmans supplements and wanted to get some feedback on what is the best to give my husband who has depression and anxiety. Alot of anxiety and just nerves. B12s are ok. They are normal and thought I would have him get a B12 shot but doctor doesn't usually do that since he is not low on it. I'm wondering about the wellness for woman multi vitamins for my husband doesn't take any multi vitamins daily. Neither do I but maybe both me and my husband can take one a day. He is on a few medications. Tried Cymbolta, Prozac, Paxil, Bestbar, Abilify, which do not work and now on Celexia meds for depression seems not to help him as well. Although he has only been on that drug for 3 weeks. He had to go to Mcleans Hospital and they are giving him a coctail which they call it of meds and I'm not seeing any improvemts. He won't go out to Exercise but does eat ok. So at least he does eat and Zoloft used to help but not anymore. So supplements are what I would like to try on him. I never saw anyone so nerves as he. He has been through alot with losing jobs and having a special needs child which can take a toll on parents but I always try to keep my head above water but always trying to pull him up from drowning in his own sorrow. Our son is doing good but my husbands problems have really got to him as the years have gone by. I have tried B12's on him but he doesn't like the taste and hates taking them. So I sent them back. Didn't really give it a chance I guess. So I am looking for maybe a combination of supplements that hopefully will make him feel better along with some meds that he is taking already. He won't even shave and his hair is getting long. Too nerves to sit in a barbers chair. Although he does go to his therapist and nurse to help him with his meds. He knows that he has to go to that or they will charge him big bucks for not showing up. So maybe womans wellness for I don't see anything for men. I heard Andrew takes womans wellness for it has more in it then the mens one a day vitamin. Is that true? Not a bad idea though! So if anyone out there has had bad nerves problems with added depression please get back to me in this subject. Good subject to help all of us get better and to feel comfortable in our own skin. This is a great subject and hope everyone can join in and have a discussion. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
CHOCOLATEDIAMOND

RE: Husband suffers depression. Can anyone help with Andrews supplements??

I would recommend trying the CoEnzyme Q-10, Phosphatidyl Serine, and Essential One.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MaryWorth

Please ask his MDs, and be sure to let everyone who is treating your husband know about any over the counter meds as there can be serious interactions with prescription medications. It takes a long time sometimes to try each depression medication, giving it time to kick in. Good luck to you. I am sure it's very stressful! Maybe massage might help? And maybe you can start taking short walks together, adding more time little by little?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
Lynne123

Thank you for replying,

What about Womans Wellness which is a multi vitamin. Andrew Lessman takes that. At least that is what I heard. Also what about Suzanne Somers supplements?? I've watched her the other day on Shopnbc and she sells many products. Omega 3's Green tea, and Resveratol which she sells altogether. I was thinking of these. She has great reviews on her products. Anyway, Enssentual One. Is that a multi vitamin? I will check Andress products on HSN Wonder why Suzanne left HSN? I need something good for depression and something good for energy and anxiety. I don't think any of the meds that my husband is on is helping him at all. Anyother help would be helpful.
Thanks, Lynne
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
Anonymous8080

I understand how you feel with watching someone with depression, anxiety, and lack of energy. I don't know that just a supplement would be an answer, however foods can re-act differently with each of us and feel that may be a good start. Than perhaps adding a supplement. As much organic/& certified organic fruits and vegetables. And hormone free meats are a good start. Good luck and hope you let us know how things are going. Just don't give up......sometimes it's a long road. But his knowing your there to help him climb out of this really helps. A.......
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
StarrBright3

Thank you for replying,

What about Womans Wellness which is a multi vitamin. Andrew Lessman takes that. At least that is what I heard. Also what about Suzanne Somers supplements?? I've watched her the other day on Shopnbc and she sells many products. Omega 3's Green tea, and Resveratol which she sells altogether. I was thinking of these. She has great reviews on her products. Anyway, Enssentual One. Is that a multi vitamin? I will check Andress products on HSN Wonder why Suzanne left HSN? I need something good for depression and something good for energy and anxiety. I don't think any of the meds that my husband is on is helping him at all. Anyother help would be helpful.
Thanks, Lynne

Suzanne Somers supplement vendor is Life Extension, and you save alot of money going directly through them.She overcharges on everything. I would never get supplements from her.

As for any supplements, there is no magic pill, but I am sure some things can help , but not cure.I would see a Medical Professsional that deals with Depression and Pyschological issues.Supplements is only a piece of the puzzle.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
cocreator

Lynne123 , my heart goes out to you. Your love for your husband shines through. Depression is so complex since it can involve chemistry, emotions, thought choices and overall health. The mind-body connection. Each reply here has offered great advice.
I'm a big believer in diet, exercise and supplements to support health, but whatever you try, I urge you to hold your image of the things you love about your husband foremost in your mind. See those things as rising to the surface once again. Make sure you don't slip into looking at him as a problem to be solved, but remind yourself and him what a hero he has been in your life and the life of the child. How you admire him for having the strength to go to the therapist and persist in the quest to overcome set-backs. With these qualities you have confidence that things will improve and he will gradually realize why you are so sure he is still the wonderful man you married.
How -- in spite of problems right now -- you still feel very, very lucky to be sharing life with him. Be sure to SMILE at him several times throughout the day, even if he doesn't reciprocate right away. (Fake it til you make it.) Laugh. Grab his hand and tell him how good it feels. Catch him doing something right, as they say. And hold thoughts of him as you love him, and gratitude for him, to be in your mind as you fall asleep. Forgive me if you don't need such reminders; but maybe someone else reading this will be helped by it. When negative thoughts arise, don't worry...just let them drift on by. But hold on to the positive thoughts and invite them in to stay. This may help the muddy water to eventually become clear. It's not easy to control our thoughts, but Expecting the best of him and for him, without imposing any guilt for imperfections, might be the best tool in the toolbox. And it's free!! Give it time; keep the faith. Bless you both.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MaryWorth

Cocreator, thank you for such a positive and loving post.
Please use plain text.
New Friend
coco131

I suggest you watch the documentary "Fat, Sick & almost dead", directed by Joe Cross. They talk about vitamins and how our body can heal itself by eating the right foods. They also talk about a woman who is very depressed and they gave her Niacin and how it helped her with her depression.

Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Advisor 1
DubuqueRams

Be careful with Niacin, especially with heart problems. Excess amounts can cause your face to get flushed. Read about it before taking it and I would check with your doctor to see the amount you can safely take.
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.