VCAZ1 | Admirer | 07.15.2010 5:27 PM
I just opened a new bottle of Essential Omega 3 and all the capsules are melted together and have a strong fishy odor. Are these safe to take? Any suggestions on how to get this stuck mess out of the bottle?
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
naturessand | New Friend | 08.19.2011 11:28 AM
Check for the expiry date. They may be expired.
atsukichan | New Friend | 07.25.2011 11:19 PM
wish i saw this post sooner but all is good. i got Maxalife fish oil capsules and they're doing me good, plus i go my money's worth. all my family members are on Maxalife so i might as well place an order along wtih theirs for free shipping LOL! :d/
PBloo | Admirer 2 | 07.24.2010 1:46 AM
I wish I had seen this post much earlier. I bought the Omega 3 capsules time before last visit. I didn't use them right away as I needed some and got them from Target. I wanted to finish those off first before I took Andrew Lessman's. Maybe heat was a factor, but when I opened these up they really stunk! I put them in my freezer hoping that would help, it doesn't. I have used them with no ill effects. At the time, I didn't think the heat was a factor in the smell, I just thought that I shouldn't have ordered the ones without the orange essence in them that I got last year. Too late now to return them!]](*,) From what I've read here, I'm not the only one with the smelly pills. I also just thought it was normal for them (being without the orange essence). Should I stop taking them??
ctinak | Admirer 3 | 07.20.2010 2:48 AM
Yeah sounds like they got too hot - hope they are able to help you out! What a shame.
lucyvanpelt88 | Admirer 3 | 07.18.2010 9:30 PM
The extreme heat is the cause of the melting vitamins. I think what happens is that if they are shipped before the weekend, they could possibly stay at UPS distribution center the entire before being put on the truck for delivery. I know when I used to order canned dog food, the business would not allow any shipments to be made if it was close the weekend because of possibility of extreme heat.

Yeah, that's what it was, I remember now-I remember calling the 1-800-284-3900 HSN number over the weekend about 3 years ago to check the status of some orders I had placed and found out that the vitamins had been shipped on a Friday and I was concerned the whole weekend and that is why I was so anxious to get the package containing Andrew's vitamins off the porch as soon as UPS delivered them to me so I could check them out right away. But, I still would not order the Essential Omega-3s in the summer because my UPS delivery guy saves me for last-my packages get delivered after 6:00 in the evening. My UPS delivery guy starts his route early in the day, so, by the time any package is delivered to me, it has set in the UPS truck all day getting very hot. I am also leery of ordering skin care items in the summer because of this. I have also received makeup kits in the summer and had to put lipsticks in the fridge because they were kind of mushy.

My normal UPS driver delivers around the 11-1 time frame. However, if she has a sub, it's usually very late in the day. Why, I have no idea. Maybe this could be a suggestion regarding shipping such items as this. I'm sure it would be a headache to keep up with since everyone lives in different climates. They may rather replace it than do that.
tongl | Admirer 2 | 07.18.2010 6:32 PM
The extreme heat is the cause of the melting vitamins. I think what happens is that if they are shipped before the weekend, they could possibly stay at UPS distribution center the entire before being put on the truck for delivery. I know when I used to order canned dog food, the business would not allow any shipments to be made if it was close the weekend because of possibility of extreme heat.

Yeah, that's what it was, I remember now-I remember calling the 1-800-284-3900 HSN number over the weekend about 3 years ago to check the status of some orders I had placed and found out that the vitamins had been shipped on a Friday and I was concerned the whole weekend and that is why I was so anxious to get the package containing Andrew's vitamins off the porch as soon as UPS delivered them to me so I could check them out right away. But, I still would not order the Essential Omega-3s in the summer because my UPS delivery guy saves me for last-my packages get delivered after 6:00 in the evening. My UPS delivery guy starts his route early in the day, so, by the time any package is delivered to me, it has set in the UPS truck all day getting very hot. I am also leery of ordering skin care items in the summer because of this. I have also received makeup kits in the summer and had to put lipsticks in the fridge because they were kind of mushy.
lucyvanpelt88 | Admirer 3 | 07.18.2010 6:09 PM
tongl | Admirer 2 | 07.18.2010 5:33 PM
Where did the other posts go? There was one from a person suggesting another company...and then a couple responses stating that AL's are the best & worth the extra cost. If HSN removed them, that's a bit ridiculous. Although I'm a loyal customer of Andrew's, people should be able to voice dissenting opinions. It wasn't bad-mouthing HSN (or Andrew, for that matter).

And I totally agree with the others - just call Customer Service and return them. You're certainly within your 30-day money back guarantee period. I've never received a bottle of Omega-3 that even had ONE capsule compromised.

I received Andrew's multi-vitamins when they use to have the liquid capsules about 3 years ago in the summertime when it was extremely hot, and in some of the packets that were toward the bottom of the vitamin container, the liquid capsules had melted on the inside of the packets-I opened some of them up to see because it felt as though some capsules had flattened out and burst inside of the packets. I was concerned when I received them through UPS because the box and the vitamin container were so hot which is why I immediately opened it up to check the packets of vitamins. I got the package containing the vitamins off my porch as soon as UPS delivered them to me, but the vitamin container was still hot. So, I believe the extreme summer heat is to blame for the Essential Omega-3 capsules melting-this is the reason I do not order the Essential Omega-3 in the summer. But, HSN was good about replacing those vitamins 3 years ago, so I definitely agree you should contact HSN to return them .
slapshot87 | Admirer 2 | 07.16.2010 11:26 PM
Where did the other posts go? There was one from a person suggesting another company...and then a couple responses stating that AL's are the best & worth the extra cost. If HSN removed them, that's a bit ridiculous. Although I'm a loyal customer of Andrew's, people should be able to voice dissenting opinions. It wasn't bad-mouthing HSN (or Andrew, for that matter).

And I totally agree with the others - just call Customer Service and return them. You're certainly within your 30-day money back guarantee period. I've never received a bottle of Omega-3 that even had ONE capsule compromised.
StarrBright3 | Admirer 3 | 07.16.2010 2:07 PM
you can get this stuff a lot cheaper, on line.
SWANSON HEALTH PRODUCTS.

seriously.

There is no comparison to these Omega's, you really do get what you pay for. Nothing but the best for me and my family and that means Andrew's. :d/

Seriously =!s>

I so agree baremineral! Once you have used the best , there is no going back. I found my holy grail of supplements with AL.:d/ =d> =h1> =h2>
StarrBright3 | Admirer 3 | 07.16.2010 2:05 PM
I just opened a new bottle of Essential Omega 3 and all the capsules are melted together and have a strong fishy odor. Are these safe to take? Any suggestions on how to get this stuck mess out of the bottle?

Send them back ASAP, for a refund and/ or exchange, and they will pay for the return postage.You just got one of the very few bad ones. I have never gotten a bad batch of Omega Three's so far, but I did with Cholestacare, and Pro Caps resolved it for me, over the 30 day mark for HSN.
baremgirl | Admirer 3 | 07.16.2010 1:30 AM
SWANSON HEALTH PRODUCTS.

seriously.

There is no comparison to these Omega's, you really do get what you pay for. Nothing but the best for me and my family and that means Andrew's. :d/

Seriously =!s>
TxCounselor13 | Admirer 2 | 07.15.2010 8:44 PM
SWANSON HEALTH PRODUCTS.

seriously.

You are correct - seriously. However, for those that choose to do so, please make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Make sure the Omegas you find that are cheaper have equivalent amounts of EPA/DHA. Otherwise you get what you pay for - seriously. :-"
W007 | Admirer 3 | 07.15.2010 8:14 PM
SWANSON HEALTH PRODUCTS.

seriously.
TxCounselor13 | Admirer 2 | 07.15.2010 5:39 PM
I would suggest calling CS, explaining the situation, and sending them back asap. They shouldn't charge you shipping for the exchange of the damaged product. If it happens to be a bottle you've had in stock and is beyond the 30 days, Andrew's CS is amazing and will probably help you out! HTH!
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
VCAZ1

Fish oil capsules stuck together

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TxCounselor13

RE: Fish oil capsules stuck together

I would suggest calling CS, explaining the situation, and sending them back asap. They shouldn't charge you shipping for the exchange of the damaged product. If it happens to be a bottle you've had in stock and is beyond the 30 days, Andrew's CS is amazing and will probably help you out! HTH!

"Thoughts become words; words become actions; actions become habits; habits become character; CHARACTER is EVERYTHING!"
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
W007

SWANSON HEALTH PRODUCTS.

seriously.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
TxCounselor13

SWANSON HEALTH PRODUCTS.

seriously.

You are correct - seriously. However, for those that choose to do so, please make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Make sure the Omegas you find that are cheaper have equivalent amounts of EPA/DHA. Otherwise you get what you pay for - seriously. :-"

"Thoughts become words; words become actions; actions become habits; habits become character; CHARACTER is EVERYTHING!"
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
baremgirl

SWANSON HEALTH PRODUCTS.

seriously.

Seriously =!s>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
StarrBright3

Send them back ASAP, for a refund and/ or exchange, and they will pay for the return postage.You just got one of the very few bad ones. I have never gotten a bad batch of Omega Three's so far, but I did with Cholestacare, and Pro Caps resolved it for me, over the 30 day mark for HSN.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
StarrBright3

SWANSON HEALTH PRODUCTS.

seriously.

Seriously =!s>

I so agree baremineral! Once you have used the best , there is no going back. I found my holy grail of supplements with AL.:d/ =d> =h1> =h2>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
slapshot87

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
tongl

I received Andrew's multi-vitamins when they use to have the liquid capsules about 3 years ago in the summertime when it was extremely hot, and in some of the packets that were toward the bottom of the vitamin container, the liquid capsules had melted on the inside of the packets-I opened some of them up to see because it felt as though some capsules had flattened out and burst inside of the packets. I was concerned when I received them through UPS because the box and the vitamin container were so hot which is why I immediately opened it up to check the packets of vitamins. I got the package containing the vitamins off my porch as soon as UPS delivered them to me, but the vitamin container was still hot. So, I believe the extreme summer heat is to blame for the Essential Omega-3 capsules melting-this is the reason I do not order the Essential Omega-3 in the summer. But, HSN was good about replacing those vitamins 3 years ago, so I definitely agree you should contact HSN to return them .
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
lucyvanpelt88

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
15 Replies
07.15.2010 5:27 PM
0 Smiles
12 in Conversation

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...