LuvsToRead | Admirer | 07.14.2013 3:16 AM
Will this product help with C-Diff bacterial problems? I really need advice on this.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
55dds55 | Admirer 2 | 07.14.2013 4:40 PM
turtletop

Yes, the friendly flora will help with C diff after effects. Also the Digest Assure helps a LOT. I have been through that a few years ago, so I know what you are going through. It takes at least 6 months to a year to feel somewhat normal again. Even after a few years, things are not the same. I would take two friendly flora capsules, one first thing in the morning and one 12 hours later for a few weeks, then switch to one a day. The Aloe might help you also, but you will have to try that out. You can buy a digestion kit on Andrew's website procapslabs.com
Also please check out this website http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/fiber1.asp for the soluble food diet. This was a lifesaver. Follow it for a month and you will get some relief then slowly add back small portions of other foods. I would also never stop taking the Friendly flora to keep the good bacteria going. Hope this helps you.[-o<
peppa | Admirer 2 | 07.14.2013 4:09 PM

Thanks Massha...your post was so intense! It just struck me funny...felt like we were all getting taken to the woodshed. I never take these boards seriously! Have a great Sunday...
massha | Pro 3 | 07.14.2013 3:57 PM
Thanks, Massha, no one has put me in my place like that for a long time...I needed a good chuckle this morning, it was kinda entertaining! I hope everyone else on the thread enjoyed it too. I'm gonna go take my Friendly Flora now....

LOL did not mean to put anybody in their place. It's just people around where I am at are so dense sometimes, they will be really sick with some serious infection or injury and keep treating it with vitamins and supplements and going to a chiropractor and it gets so frustrating to observe.
massha | Pro 3 | 07.14.2013 3:53 PM
I have already been through the antibiotics This is now 2 months later. All I know is my intestines are forever changed. I did order the friendly flora. I would not wish c-diff on my worst enemy. Thank you for all of your advice.:-&

oh then yeah you need to start this ASAP. You poor thing - did you take any other probiotics during these 2 months?

Also make sure you pay attention to storage directions. Potency can get lost real fast in such things.

hugs
LuvsToRead | Admirer | 07.14.2013 3:17 PM
I have already been through the antibiotics This is now 2 months later. All I know is my intestines are forever changed. I did order the friendly flora. I would not wish c-diff on my worst enemy. Thank you for all of your advice.:-&
peppa | Admirer 2 | 07.14.2013 2:28 PM
Thanks, Massha, no one has put me in my place like that for a long time...I needed a good chuckle this morning, it was kinda entertaining! I hope everyone else on the thread enjoyed it too. I'm gonna go take my Friendly Flora now....

massha | Pro 3 | 07.14.2013 5:15 AM
OK, I will try explaining again: please try reading slower. There is NO WAY TO FIGHT INFECTION with these supplements. You only take them AFTER you take antibiotics or whatever else the doc recommends. You NEED TO GO TO A DOCTOR. You need to take real medicine. The supplements will only help you if you start taking that medicine. Then you should take the supplements. Or just drink kefir found in your friendly neighborhood grocery store's organic food corner.

Jeezs H CHrist what's so difficult folks.

and yeah folks, bugs may or may not eat the "good bacteria" - actually, they probably do, but that is not important. Take it as a metaphor, will you.
moonlt | Admirer 2 | 07.14.2013 3:59 AM
Anyone fighting an infection needs to take probiotics, even moreso with the use of antibiotics as they kill off the good and the bad bacteria,

Friendly flora populates your gut with good bacteria. It does not feed bad bacteria.
kidznpupz | Inspirer 1 | 07.14.2013 3:49 AM
I you're taking antibiotics for the c-diff then it will help repopulate the good bacteria being killed by the antibiotics, But as far as it fighting the infection itself you need to check with a doctor and probably take antibiotics - that's a serious infection.
massha | Pro 3 | 07.14.2013 3:30 AM
I am no doctor- but I fail to see HOW they would achieve that. You might need antibiotics or something.

In a nutshell, this is how I understand this all to be working:

*your gut is lined with bacteria that digests food. =good
*your gut is attacked by some bug (like C-Diff) that kills the useful bacteria and runs around =trouble
*your doctor feeds you proper medication which kills the bad bug but leaves the gut not occupied by good bacteria = no more infection but no good digestion
*you eat supplements, yogurt, kefir etc. that has the good bacteria and some of it survives enough to repopulate your gut = good

if you just feed the bad bugs with the supplement, it won't do you any good.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
LuvsToRead

Andrew L. friendly flora supplement

Will this product help with C-Diff bacterial problems? I really need advice on this.
Please use plain text.
Pro 3
massha

RE: Andrew L. friendly flora supplement

I am no doctor- but I fail to see HOW they would achieve that. You might need antibiotics or something.

In a nutshell, this is how I understand this all to be working:

*your gut is lined with bacteria that digests food. =good
*your gut is attacked by some bug (like C-Diff) that kills the useful bacteria and runs around =trouble
*your doctor feeds you proper medication which kills the bad bug but leaves the gut not occupied by good bacteria = no more infection but no good digestion
*you eat supplements, yogurt, kefir etc. that has the good bacteria and some of it survives enough to repopulate your gut = good

if you just feed the bad bugs with the supplement, it won't do you any good.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
kidznpupz

I you're taking antibiotics for the c-diff then it will help repopulate the good bacteria being killed by the antibiotics, But as far as it fighting the infection itself you need to check with a doctor and probably take antibiotics - that's a serious infection.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
moonlt

Anyone fighting an infection needs to take probiotics, even moreso with the use of antibiotics as they kill off the good and the bad bacteria,

Friendly flora populates your gut with good bacteria. It does not feed bad bacteria.
Please use plain text.
Pro 3
massha

OK, I will try explaining again: please try reading slower. There is NO WAY TO FIGHT INFECTION with these supplements. You only take them AFTER you take antibiotics or whatever else the doc recommends. You NEED TO GO TO A DOCTOR. You need to take real medicine. The supplements will only help you if you start taking that medicine. Then you should take the supplements. Or just drink kefir found in your friendly neighborhood grocery store's organic food corner.

Jeezs H CHrist what's so difficult folks.

and yeah folks, bugs may or may not eat the "good bacteria" - actually, they probably do, but that is not important. Take it as a metaphor, will you.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
peppa

Please use plain text.
Admirer
LuvsToRead

Please use plain text.
Pro 3
massha

oh then yeah you need to start this ASAP. You poor thing - did you take any other probiotics during these 2 months?

Also make sure you pay attention to storage directions. Potency can get lost real fast in such things.

hugs
Please use plain text.
Pro 3
massha

LOL did not mean to put anybody in their place. It's just people around where I am at are so dense sometimes, they will be really sick with some serious infection or injury and keep treating it with vitamins and supplements and going to a chiropractor and it gets so frustrating to observe.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
peppa

Thanks Massha...your post was so intense! It just struck me funny...felt like we were all getting taken to the woodshed. I never take these boards seriously! Have a great Sunday...
Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
10 Replies
07.14.2013 3:16 AM
0 Smiles
6 in Conversation

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...