Ronzoni | Admirer | 09.08.2012 1:46 AM
I've been with HSN for almost 20 years and I miss the old show hosts. Hans Burt, Linda Stroh, Tina Berry, Erin Morrisey, Alice Cleveland, Mel Arthur, Steve Cheney, Helen Hollingsworth, Tamara Malash, Brian Collard just to name a few. I've always wonmdered what happened to them? The hosts HSN has now, really does nothing for me, except, Shannon Smith. Really a pretty aldy and a great smile. I also miss the clearance sales, bargathons and if you were lucky with the show host you would spin the wheel for spendable cash. I was olucky one time to spin and get $500 cash to spend.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
johnnyfivestar | Admirer 2 | 05.13.2014 7:45 AM

Anyone remember Barbara Marville?  I thought she was a really pleasant personality.  I remember one skincare show where she removed all her makeup-brave for a female TV host I thought.  She was married for a second time and showed pictures of the event (for some reason I think that union failed).  Anyway, she is one I recall along with Tina Berry.  Oh and Michelle Beaudreau?

Lindascoffee | Advisor 3 | 05.12.2014 2:07 PM

I clearly remember these hosts also and back in the 80's, there was a sense of professionalism and excellence that I don't really see in today's hosts. Today's hosts seem juvenile and giddy without a true sense of their products as those hosts back in the 80's barely using cue cards...they just knew the products well. Bill Green I believe also arose from the 90's and has that sense of professionalism we do not see today. 

CJ64 | Visitor | 05.12.2014 1:56 PM

I concur the hosts in the 80's were awesome, you also forgot Terry Lewis & that "hunk" Chuck Spieser.  I lost interest in watching when the 80's hosts left it just wasn't the same for me I became more interested in QVC in the 1990's but I currently do not watch any home shopping channel, but I have fond memories of Home Shopping' CLUB' in the 80's.

AQUAFINA | Inspirer 2 | 09.21.2012 12:21 AM
I've been with HSN for almost 20 years and I miss the old show hosts. Hans Burt, Linda Stroh, Tina Berry, Erin Morrisey, Alice Cleveland, Mel Arthur, Steve Cheney, Helen Hollingsworth, Tamara Malash, Brian Collard just to name a few. I've always wonmdered what happened to them? The hosts HSN has now, really does nothing for me, except, Shannon Smith. Really a pretty aldy and a great smile. I also miss the clearance sales, bargathons and if you were lucky with the show host you would spin the wheel for spendable cash. I was olucky one time to spin and get $500 cash to spend.

I remember some of these hosts. My mother used to order using Tootie. Tina Berry was a host around that time. Steve Cheney was very ill and passed away. There was another gentlemen host who died suddenly. I forgot his name. I also miss John in the morning.

LEATHER | Inspirer 1 | 09.17.2012 6:18 PM
I ve been with HSN since 1988 and I sure do recogonize all those names.
missym13 | Admirer 3 | 09.09.2012 9:52 AM
I have been here for 10 years . I am surprised I dont remember one of these hosts.
I do miss John in the morning. he was sweet!
CJ64 | Visitor | 05.12.2014 1:51 PM

Hi Missym, you must be a little younger than us middleagers to not remember all the great host from the 1980's.  I remember watching Home Shopping CLUB back in the 80's before they changed the name to HSN. The hosts from the 1980's were fantastic I really missed them which is one of the reasons I stopped watching on TV years ago. The host were so great in the 80's, too bad you were too young to remember them... I tried watching in the 1990's again but the new host just didn't grab my attention and they were boring to me so I stopped watching I became more interested in QVC at that point. I currently do not watch any home shopping network, but I have fond memories of HSN in the 1980's....

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer
Ronzoni

Show Hosts

Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
missym13

RE: Show Hosts

I have been here for 10 years . I am surprised I dont remember one of these hosts.
I do miss John in the morning. he was sweet!
Find your light....and SHINE in it !
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 1
LEATHER

I ve been with HSN since 1988 and I sure do recogonize all those names.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
AQUAFINA

I remember some of these hosts. My mother used to order using Tootie. Tina Berry was a host around that time. Steve Cheney was very ill and passed away. There was another gentlemen host who died suddenly. I forgot his name. I also miss John in the morning.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
CJ64

Re: RE: Show Hosts

Hi Missym, you must be a little younger than us middleagers to not remember all the great host from the 1980's.  I remember watching Home Shopping CLUB back in the 80's before they changed the name to HSN. The hosts from the 1980's were fantastic I really missed them which is one of the reasons I stopped watching on TV years ago. The host were so great in the 80's, too bad you were too young to remember them... I tried watching in the 1990's again but the new host just didn't grab my attention and they were boring to me so I stopped watching I became more interested in QVC at that point. I currently do not watch any home shopping network, but I have fond memories of HSN in the 1980's....

Please use plain text.
Visitor
CJ64

Re: Show Hosts

I concur the hosts in the 80's were awesome, you also forgot Terry Lewis & that "hunk" Chuck Spieser.  I lost interest in watching when the 80's hosts left it just wasn't the same for me I became more interested in QVC in the 1990's but I currently do not watch any home shopping channel, but I have fond memories of Home Shopping' CLUB' in the 80's.

Please use plain text.
Advisor 3
Lindascoffee

I clearly remember these hosts also and back in the 80's, there was a sense of professionalism and excellence that I don't really see in today's hosts. Today's hosts seem juvenile and giddy without a true sense of their products as those hosts back in the 80's barely using cue cards...they just knew the products well. Bill Green I believe also arose from the 90's and has that sense of professionalism we do not see today. 

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
johnnyfivestar

Anyone remember Barbara Marville?  I thought she was a really pleasant personality.  I remember one skincare show where she removed all her makeup-brave for a female TV host I thought.  She was married for a second time and showed pictures of the event (for some reason I think that union failed).  Anyway, she is one I recall along with Tina Berry.  Oh and Michelle Beaudreau?

Please use plain text.
Conversation Stats
7 Replies
09.08.2012 1:46 AM
0 Smiles
7 in Conversation

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...