Ronzoni | Admirer 1 | 09.08.2012 1:46 AM
I've been with HSN for almost 20 years and I miss the old show hosts. Hans Burt, Linda Stroh, Tina Berry, Erin Morrisey, Alice Cleveland, Mel Arthur, Steve Cheney, Helen Hollingsworth, Tamara Malash, Brian Collard just to name a few. I've always wonmdered what happened to them? The hosts HSN has now, really does nothing for me, except, Shannon Smith. Really a pretty aldy and a great smile. I also miss the clearance sales, bargathons and if you were lucky with the show host you would spin the wheel for spendable cash. I was olucky one time to spin and get $500 cash to spend.
Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
jmc1365 | Pro 2 | 07.22.2016 4:47 PM

I'm laughing so hard....

2012 thread???

louloudll | New Friend | 07.22.2016 4:45 PM 1 Person Smiled

i been shopping with hsn for a long time over 20 years. i miss tina and her dolls so much. i wonmdered what happened to her. if you see or here from her tell her stil shop hsn hopeing to see her. i love you tina berry   your fan louise.

texie76092 | Inspirer 3 | 06.16.2016 9:14 AM 2 People have Smiled

I have been shopping here for about 15 years and I like the hosts here a lot.  I have gotten to where I can't even watch the other shopping channels because HSN's hosts are so good.  I'm glad I wasn't watching in the 80's because I may now be disappointed like you seem to be, instead of very happy with them.  The sales and spin the wheel sound like a lot of fun, too!

DottyPS350169 | Inspirer 3 | 06.16.2016 2:47 AM

Who are these people?

johnnyfivestar | Admirer 2 | 05.13.2014 7:45 AM

Anyone remember Barbara Marville?  I thought she was a really pleasant personality.  I remember one skincare show where she removed all her makeup-brave for a female TV host I thought.  She was married for a second time and showed pictures of the event (for some reason I think that union failed).  Anyway, she is one I recall along with Tina Berry.  Oh and Michelle Beaudreau?

Lindascoffee | Advisor 3 | 05.12.2014 2:07 PM

I clearly remember these hosts also and back in the 80's, there was a sense of professionalism and excellence that I don't really see in today's hosts. Today's hosts seem juvenile and giddy without a true sense of their products as those hosts back in the 80's barely using cue cards...they just knew the products well. Bill Green I believe also arose from the 90's and has that sense of professionalism we do not see today. 

CJ64 | Visitor | 05.12.2014 1:56 PM

I concur the hosts in the 80's were awesome, you also forgot Terry Lewis & that "hunk" Chuck Spieser.  I lost interest in watching when the 80's hosts left it just wasn't the same for me I became more interested in QVC in the 1990's but I currently do not watch any home shopping channel, but I have fond memories of Home Shopping' CLUB' in the 80's.

AQUAFINA | Advisor 2 | 09.21.2012 12:21 AM
I've been with HSN for almost 20 years and I miss the old show hosts. Hans Burt, Linda Stroh, Tina Berry, Erin Morrisey, Alice Cleveland, Mel Arthur, Steve Cheney, Helen Hollingsworth, Tamara Malash, Brian Collard just to name a few. I've always wonmdered what happened to them? The hosts HSN has now, really does nothing for me, except, Shannon Smith. Really a pretty aldy and a great smile. I also miss the clearance sales, bargathons and if you were lucky with the show host you would spin the wheel for spendable cash. I was olucky one time to spin and get $500 cash to spend.

I remember some of these hosts. My mother used to order using Tootie. Tina Berry was a host around that time. Steve Cheney was very ill and passed away. There was another gentlemen host who died suddenly. I forgot his name. I also miss John in the morning.

LEATHER | Inspirer 2 | 09.17.2012 6:18 PM
I ve been with HSN since 1988 and I sure do recogonize all those names.
missym13 | Admirer 3 | 09.09.2012 9:52 AM 1 Person Smiled
I have been here for 10 years . I am surprised I dont remember one of these hosts.
I do miss John in the morning. he was sweet!
CJ64 | Visitor | 05.12.2014 1:51 PM

Hi Missym, you must be a little younger than us middleagers to not remember all the great host from the 1980's.  I remember watching Home Shopping CLUB back in the 80's before they changed the name to HSN. The hosts from the 1980's were fantastic I really missed them which is one of the reasons I stopped watching on TV years ago. The host were so great in the 80's, too bad you were too young to remember them... I tried watching in the 1990's again but the new host just didn't grab my attention and they were boring to me so I stopped watching I became more interested in QVC at that point. I currently do not watch any home shopping network, but I have fond memories of HSN in the 1980's....

Add your reply here...
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in. Post a Reply
Admirer 1

Show Hosts

Admirer 3

RE: Show Hosts

I have been here for 10 years . I am surprised I dont remember one of these hosts.
I do miss John in the morning. he was sweet!
Find your light....and SHINE in it !
Inspirer 2

I ve been with HSN since 1988 and I sure do recogonize all those names.
Advisor 2

I remember some of these hosts. My mother used to order using Tootie. Tina Berry was a host around that time. Steve Cheney was very ill and passed away. There was another gentlemen host who died suddenly. I forgot his name. I also miss John in the morning.

Visitor

Re: RE: Show Hosts

Hi Missym, you must be a little younger than us middleagers to not remember all the great host from the 1980's.  I remember watching Home Shopping CLUB back in the 80's before they changed the name to HSN. The hosts from the 1980's were fantastic I really missed them which is one of the reasons I stopped watching on TV years ago. The host were so great in the 80's, too bad you were too young to remember them... I tried watching in the 1990's again but the new host just didn't grab my attention and they were boring to me so I stopped watching I became more interested in QVC at that point. I currently do not watch any home shopping network, but I have fond memories of HSN in the 1980's....

Visitor

Re: Show Hosts

I concur the hosts in the 80's were awesome, you also forgot Terry Lewis & that "hunk" Chuck Spieser.  I lost interest in watching when the 80's hosts left it just wasn't the same for me I became more interested in QVC in the 1990's but I currently do not watch any home shopping channel, but I have fond memories of Home Shopping' CLUB' in the 80's.

Advisor 3

I clearly remember these hosts also and back in the 80's, there was a sense of professionalism and excellence that I don't really see in today's hosts. Today's hosts seem juvenile and giddy without a true sense of their products as those hosts back in the 80's barely using cue cards...they just knew the products well. Bill Green I believe also arose from the 90's and has that sense of professionalism we do not see today. 

Admirer 2

Anyone remember Barbara Marville?  I thought she was a really pleasant personality.  I remember one skincare show where she removed all her makeup-brave for a female TV host I thought.  She was married for a second time and showed pictures of the event (for some reason I think that union failed).  Anyway, she is one I recall along with Tina Berry.  Oh and Michelle Beaudreau?

Inspirer 3

Who are these people?

Inspirer 3

I have been shopping here for about 15 years and I like the hosts here a lot.  I have gotten to where I can't even watch the other shopping channels because HSN's hosts are so good.  I'm glad I wasn't watching in the 80's because I may now be disappointed like you seem to be, instead of very happy with them.  The sales and spin the wheel sound like a lot of fun, too!

Product Mentions

No products have been tagged in this conversation

Conversation Stats
11 Replies
09.08.2012 1:46 AM
4 Smiles
11 in Conversation

It's Fun Here, More Information

How can we help? Call or email us anytime... really!

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 9 or above, Chrome, or Firefox...