New Friend
massagetherapist

Outraged at Diana Perkovic

I just wanted to say that as a Massage Therapist I CAN NOT BELIEVE what I just heard Diana Perkovic say about massage!

I understand that she has a product to sell, but saying that she disrobes in front of a Therapist during a massage and this product replaces massage because "massage is only good for an hour" is unbelievably inappropriate, ignorant and a slap in the face to the profession of Massage Therapists everywhere!

Do not get me wrong, I LOVE HSN! I truly do. Shannon Smith and Bill Green are fantastic! (In my opinion, they should both get more air time.) So, I tuned into HSN today because I am a huge fan of the show and I absolutely love Brookstone's products! Unexpectedly though, I was unpleasantly surprised by the remarks of this woman. As a first time viewer of hers, I found her personality to be rather shallow and vacuous, especially after the obviously uneducated remarks that she made about massage.

I have no idea what type of "massage places" Diana has been to, but saying what she said as a blanketed statement about the profession that I love and do every day (for a Five Star Hotel) has just left me..well... shocked and irascible!!! Do you not educate your hosts to not degrade a profession?

There is scientific documentation that shows that the benefits of massage prove, not only to be, beneficial in stress relief and pain management, but also, and most importantly for the purpose of this discussion, LONG LASTING! Obviously, a machine is not going to provide the benefits of an actual therapist rehabilitating your body back to the state of homeostasis. However, she just misinformed thousands of people watching!

She is the reason that thousands of people have bad view of massage. So thank you, Diana! You have just made my job extremely more difficult by having to turn around someone that you potentially turned off of massage because of your snotty, ignorant comment.

I will no longer watch her on HSN nor will I purchase products sold by her! She is the worst host your company has ever had. Period.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
ticktrek

RE: Outraged at Diana Perkovic

What a weird thing for her to say.
Woof, Woof, Woof, Squeak, Squawk
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
peanutracer

She is obviouly clueless about Massage Therapy. I have it every two weeks and I cant live without it. It saves me many hours way past the one hour massage out of pain. Diane was really wrong with that statement. You have every right to be outraged.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
maggie1295

Okay, speaking as someone who doesn't make a living by giving massages but has had been to spas and had the experience, Diana didn't disparage the profession. She simply expressed her own, personal opinion. I don't know about your clients but I "disrobed" when I had massages. I was not buck naked, I was not exposed in anyway but I certainly had to to "disrobe". As for the benefits, that's all subjective. I have no doubt that people have had massages and did not feel that they received any benefits whatsoever. That's not a bad thing. That's just one person's experience. People understand that Diana was selling a product and she fabricated a story to increase sales. That's what show hosts do, every day with every product.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
MiamiSweety

Right. We all have to understand that these show hosts are there to do a job and that job is selling and when you want to sell something you will say whatever you have to to make the sale (within reason of course). I'm sure she really didn't mean any harm.
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
SHARON818

I know that what Diana SAID sounded odd to some, but I can also see another side to what she may have meant on a more objective note...when you get a massage, it only lasts for 30 minutes, 60 minutes or 90 minutes, depending on how long the massage therapist takes...whereas the machine will go on for as long as you want...until you turn it off. I doubt that Diana meant to disparage massage therapists everywhere. That's not her style.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
cruiselover

I know that what Diana SAID sounded odd to some, but I can also see another side to what she may have meant on a more objective note...when you get a massage, it only lasts for 30 minutes, 60 minutes or 90 minutes, depending on how long the massage therapist takes...whereas the machine will go on for as long as you want...until you turn it off. I doubt that Diana meant to disparage massage therapists everywhere. That's not her style.

got exactly the same impression ... I don't think she was saying anything against massage therapists. Maybe it did not come out right. I understood she meant you can take the machine everywhere you go. I personally have something very similar to that at work that I use. I have pins inside an arm due to a car accident and need therapy and my neck hurts in consequence of the trauma in my arm. I have used massages done by a machine, mind you, to alleviate the pain at 3 AM. I have a spa downstairs of where I live and go there at least twice a month ... As convenient as it is to me since I live here, the massage therapist is not 24/7. I am sure she wanted to convey convenience. She did somehow pulled a nerve on you ... ](*,) Funny you mentioned you like Shannon, she is usually the one who touchs people the wrong way. I happen to find her offensive to the eyes, ears ...
Please use plain text.
Inspirer 2
SHARON818

Cruiselover, I know you were addressing the Original Poster when you said she mentioned she liked Shannon. You quoted me, and I didn't say that. In fact, I am one who cannot handle Shannon at all and turn HSN off when she is hosting, but that's another thread...and doesn't belong here, I just wanted to clarify.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
AndrewCS

Diana is ugly, clueless and ridiculous and must be related to one of the "powers that be" at HSN to keep her job! I, along with most of us, are tired of her clueless, lame, condescending and desperate sales tactics. The way she acts is such a huge embarassment to the company and yet they try to showcase her as something special. I just change the channel when she's on and watch QVC, where the hosts relate to me!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
veracity

messagetherapist : First of all I don't much care for Diana either! I believe she thinks she's much prettier than she really is. Second I would never stop getting a professionial massage (if I got them ) for any item she was trying to pitch my way.

Although I didn't see the presentation, I'm sure it's one of the many hand held messagers we all ready have here at home.

I would take a real massage over one of those machines any day. And now that my back surgeon has released me I may just do that.

Like many have said she will say whatever she needs to hoping people will buy it.

Her words aren't worth anything, so don't give them power.

I bet she will be back at her salon happily disrobing for her message
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.