Admirer 1
kittyyo

Marlo Thomas

Marlo,is on the green pan show today,and she looks great,i like the new hair style and the way her makeup looks,i hope she don't go back to the wigs,she looks great with the natural look,the wigs take away from her natural beauty.Stay with the natural look Marlo,you look great. :d/
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
LILABB

RE: Marlo Thomas

Her name is Marlo Smith.
Please use plain text.
Admirer
AKIRE

:-# WHAT MARLO SMITH WEARING IS A WIG. JUST THIS ONE MAKES HER LOOK REALLY NATURAL.
I LIKE HER NEW STYLE ALSO.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WhoRU

Her name is Marlo Smith.

I'm still laughing!:d/

I wonder if Phil Donahue has noticed that "Marlo Thomas" looks just a bit different?
Please use plain text.
Admirer 3
fiftiesdolls

Her name is Marlo Smith.

I'm still laughing!:d/

I wonder if Phil Donahue has noticed that "Marlo Thomas" looks just a bit different?

I couldn't help but get a chuckle out of that one too!
=h1>
Please use plain text.
Admirer 1
kittyyo

Her name is Marlo Smith.
Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
snappygrandma

kittyyo, I have never posted on this site before now, but I think that your answer to the correction of Marlo's name is so gracious and humble. Kudos to you! Have a great week.
snappy

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WhoRU

kittyyo- I'm sorry if I came across sounding mean or like I was making fun....I wasn't, and if its taken that way I apologize.

OK...I'll explain why I was laughing about "The Great Marlo Mixup"

When I read your post I had this image in my mind of Phil Donahue waking up in the morning, looking to his right to his half asleep wife- Marlo Thomas. Only Marlo Thomas isn't there, its Marlo Smith (aka Marlo #2). Marlo #2 smiles at her hubby, and then closes her eyes, back to dreamland. And Phil rolls back over and thinks to himself...."That's funny- I always thought Marlo was Lebanese and Italian..... She's right- I really do need to get my eyes examined". And then Phil goes back to sleep. (fade Out)

Just a variation of the last episode of NEWHART, when Dick wakes up from a dream and finds out he's really married to Emily (from the first Newhart series) and not Joanna....and that he is really Bob Hartley, not Dick Loudon....and then he wonders aloud how Emily would look in Joanna's sweaters.

I know ....I'm not making any sense. Its the story of my life.

Just up late, can't sleep, and keeping myself amused with my stream of consciousness musings.

Good night all!
Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
snappygrandma

WhoRu, good to meet you. I so remember the Newhart program you are mentioning. I loved the show he did with Suzanne Pleshette, but not so much the one that followed, and was so happy with the way they ended that back in the double bed as if the other show had been a nightmare!
I didn't mean to take you or anybody else to task, just meant to encourage kittyyo, as I've been in her shoes. It can be embarassing. I apologize if you took offense, none was intended. Enjoy your week. Blessings.
snappy

Please use plain text.
Admirer 2
WhoRU

Hey "snappy-G"...the whole Marlo/Marlo scenario just had my imagination in overdrive. Phil also might have been surprised that "new" Marlo was at about 30 years younger than "Original Recipe Marlo".

About NEWHART- Bob Newhart was the subject of an episode of AMERICAN MASTERS on PBS a few years ago. He told the story of the final episode of NEWHART. The cast and crew where sworn to secrecy about it, and the live studio audience had no idea about what was going to happen. When the lights went on in the bedroom and you saw Suzanne Pleshette in bed with Bob, and you found out the past 8 years of NEWHART was just a dream, I fell out of my chair. Of all the final episodes of any show in TV history, this is one that belonged in the Top Ten.

One sidebar.... years later, in the final episode of COACH, Hayden and Christine move back to Minnesota from Florida, and he decides to go back to coach at Minnesota State. They move back to Hayden's cabin....there's a knock on the door. And it was Larry and his brothers Darryl and Darryl from the Newhart Show!

Nobody ever explained that one...if Newhart was all a dream, then how the heck did these three guys end up on the last episode of COACH? LOL!
Please use plain text.

to know us

is to love us

FlexPay: Indulge today

See something you love? With FlexPay you can order now and pay in easy installments. (Plus there's no interest & no fees. Sweet!)

Internet Explorer Chrome Firefox For the best hsn.com shopping experience, please consider updating your browser to a newer version. We recommend Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox.